Author Topic: DVHL Meeting Update  (Read 9197 times)

Description:

DVHL Meeting Update
Topic: August 13, 2020, 07:40:44 AM

The league held a meeting last night, what was decided?

ADMIN EDIT: Edited to add DVHL logo
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #1:
 August 13, 2020, 08:35:35 AM
This Info was gathered from the Facebook DVHL group.

The DVHL has not issued a formal statement regarding the meeting. The info below is from questions asked by parents which Jeff Montagna responded to last night 8/12/2020. If you're familiar with the Montagna's, Jeff's father, Tony, is president of Genesis Hockey Club, he's an appointee on the board of directors and officers of the AAHA and he's Registrar for the Atlantic District with USA Hockey.

It's only an assumption, as we assume Jeff was either present for the meeting or details were provided back to him in order to answer some questions.

Per Jeff Montagna

The DVHL voted to push season to October and there was no formal vote on a hybrid model. Will the DVHL revisit in October or is that the set start for “normal”. They had a meeting to discuss a hybrid plan. If nothing changes statewide, I would assume hybrid will be an option come October. The rinks still can’t do anything about the capacity requirements until state lifts the number above 25.

Per Dave Jackson - Vice President of The DVHL

A question was asked about the EJEPL locker room supervision issue parents are concerned with regarding the EJEPL player participation rule. Dave responded advising a safe sport certified team rep is still required to supervise each locker room while teams play and teammates wait to switch out players on the ice.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #2:
 August 13, 2020, 08:58:11 AM
Rinks, can't do anything with the capacity restrictions of 25?....EJ is using these same rinks and they are playing games with more then 25 in the building, what can't DVHL?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #3:
 August 13, 2020, 09:11:29 AM
EJ is not violating the 25-person rule. A "building" as referred to by the Dictator of PA is a common roof. As soon as you have walls and a door you are a new "building." Therefore, a locker room is technically not part of the same "building." So start building behind the benches I suppose...
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #4:
 August 13, 2020, 11:02:25 AM
OK that's helpful to know...but the question still remains...why can't DVHL do a similar plan/loophole which exposes the ridiculousness of the PA Dictator's restrictions using the "separate buildings" approach to at least try a have a closer-to-real, full-roster game vs some 4v4 and split your team into two teams bull crap? AND what does waiting until Oct 1st do?  What is expected might change between when the season was originally planned to start and Oct 1st?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #5:
 August 13, 2020, 11:53:41 AM
This is from a personal standpoint. Let's say, unfortunately, hybrid is the option of choice; I have 2 sons playing for a club that doesn't have a restaurant/bar and also isn't linked up for Live Barn. My older son is a squirt and would manage to get by if my wife and I weren't in the stands, but my youngest is 4 and he would feel lost if he couldn't look over and see us. I cant wrap my head around the idea that it costs almost $3,000 for the season for me not to be able to watch my sons play the game they love. Times are hard enough right now and this little bit of sanity we, as parents, get for watching our children play is being taken from us.

Another point on hybrid, if a team dresses 15 players, who supervises the other 5 in a locker room of only one coach is allowed in? Seems unsafe because we all know kids can get wild at times. This is calling out for injury. Thank you
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #6:
 August 13, 2020, 12:15:12 PM

Another point on hybrid, if a team dresses 15 players, who supervises the other 5 in a locker room of only one coach is allowed in? Seems unsafe because we all know kids can get wild at times. This is calling out for injury. Thank you

This is noted in the response above from the DVHL. Each lockerroom will have a safe sport certified supervisor.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #7:
 August 13, 2020, 03:58:12 PM
Parents: lawyers will be deciding this and not hockey people unfortunately. This has nothing to do with player safety but all about liability and recourse. The issue is the 25 person can for indoor youth sports. We need to collectively lobby the government to change that rule if we want to have any normal hockey played. We all have options to get out of our contracts due to Covid and maybe we make our wallets talk on our behalf to motivate the clubs to petition the government.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #8:
 August 13, 2020, 04:00:54 PM
By the way, the rinks and clubs are kept whole no matter what with having collected tuition no mater what type of hickey is played. Think about that. Parents and kids are the only ones out of pocket.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #9:
 August 13, 2020, 04:17:08 PM
The amount of complete stupidity and conspiracy-spreading nonsense on this board and on the FB page is ridiculous. Please tell me when we went from trusting doctors and scientists to believing a bunch of dumbass keyboard warriors with no education and zero consideration for anyone but themselves. Get over it. No one cares that you want to watch little Johnny play hockey. Either drop you kids off to play or don't. But, trust me no one cares either way. The world doesn't revolve around you. The rest of us will follow the rules, our kids will be on the ice, and we'll be laughing at you screaming into the wind. 🙄
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

DVHL Update - Rink Capacity And Planning

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 51
Views: 10979
Last post September 03, 2020, 11:59:02 AM
by Guest
pros and cons of DVHL vs EJEPL