Author Topic: Black Bear Purchases Royals LLC and Wintersport Closing  (Read 26051 times)

Description:

Reply #60:
 February 04, 2020, 02:40:29 PM
Whose crack pipe you smoking? **** was never about the kids!

Repeat! Never about the kids! It was all about **** and elf reassurance!  Her two over used quote “I did ———— for the kids from my own pocket!”  And “it’s for the kids, that’s why I paid for it out of my own pocket!”

When a parent talked to her about any issues, they would always be scolded and told about all the things she did and paid out of her own pocket!

The truth is it was really all self serving and self-assurance for all the failures in her personal life!

During her reign, many players and families suffered!

**** left Revolution about 5-6 years ago taking about 1/2 the coaches and layers with him to the Wildcats! Before leaving them and starting the Royals!

Great coach with the young kids, but  forgets about the older players. When he was at the rev he forgot about a team of PW players who’s half a season was unscheduled and the coach quit!

I wish Black Bear Sports luck, I hope they turn this cluster around and bring some professionalism to youth hockey in Bucks County!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #61:
 February 04, 2020, 10:29:02 PM
Yes, I would pay higher fees to get real coaches and not helicopter parents!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #62:
 February 07, 2020, 08:07:56 AM
Moron.....
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #63:
 May 09, 2020, 11:45:32 AM
My reply will be from "Guest" and I like the anonymity of that because I can speak the truth without worrying about the politics.

PARENTS!  Your child may be good enough to make the team. He may be good friends with other players on the team. It may be a perfect fit, but then he doesn't make the team. I have been in the local hockey community since 1975.... Damn, I'm old, but I digress. Back to my point... I have seen plenty of players not make teams because of overbearing personalities of the parents. Coaches have full-time jobs and their own families to focus on. Now, we have convinced them to spend countless hours coaching your children for little to no pay. Yes, a stipend is usually given and yes often their kid(s) is on the team anyway, but the fee abatement of their child or the small stipend they get does not make up for the time and commitment of coaching a team. The last thing that want to deal with is a PIA parent. Bring your kid to practice and games. Keep your opinion of the coach and his decisions to yourself or leave the program. If you are a positive supportive parent or fan of the team (the negative folks might say Stepford Fan), You will make it so much easier on your child. Let your child enjoy the sport, learn and flourish. You can always add extra-curricular programming to help your child excel. Register for skating and stick handling clinics, summer hockey camps, private instruction, and even plenty of spring and summer league play. Your child will actually grow the most during the spring and summer months when league play is mostly about the FUN. That's not to say that hard work and a coach that pushes in the fall/winter season is bad. This is actually quite helpful, but it cannot be a year-round approach to the game. Mixing in different coaches and instructors helps your player experience different philosophies and techniques regarding the game. This will accelerate your child's improvement.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #64:
 May 16, 2020, 11:01:34 AM
My reply will be from "Guest" and I like the anonymity of that because I can speak the truth without worrying about the politics.

PARENTS!  Your child may be good enough to make the team. He may be good friends with other players on the team. It may be a perfect fit, but then he doesn't make the team. I have been in the local hockey community since 1975.... Damn, I'm old, but I digress. Back to my point... I have seen plenty of players not make teams because of overbearing personalities of the parents. Coaches have full-time jobs and their own families to focus on. Now, we have convinced them to spend countless hours coaching your children for little to no pay. Yes, a stipend is usually given and yes often their kid(s) is on the team anyway, but the fee abatement of their child or the small stipend they get does not make up for the time and commitment of coaching a team. The last thing that want to deal with is a PIA parent. Bring your kid to practice and games. Keep your opinion of the coach and his decisions to yourself or leave the program. If you are a positive supportive parent or fan of the team (the negative folks might say Stepford Fan), You will make it so much easier on your child. Let your child enjoy the sport, learn and flourish. You can always add extra-curricular programming to help your child excel. Register for skating and stick handling clinics, summer hockey camps, private instruction, and even plenty of spring and summer league play. Your child will actually grow the most during the spring and summer months when league play is mostly about the FUN. That's not to say that hard work and a coach that pushes in the fall/winter season is bad. This is actually quite helpful, but it cannot be a year-round approach to the game. Mixing in different coaches and instructors helps your player experience different philosophies and techniques regarding the game. This will accelerate your child's improvement.

Excellent point. Couldn’t agree more as a parent and coach.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #65:
 September 06, 2020, 08:13:10 AM
So I saw that Wintersport is still open. When are they shutting down?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
Guest18743,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #66:
 September 06, 2020, 04:09:05 PM
The sale didn't take place yet. Sheerr still owns Wintersport.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #67:
 September 06, 2020, 04:15:17 PM
Most hockey parents are new money heavily in debt racists whose kids are disrespectful, spoiled brats with no social skills or REAL friends to speak of!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest15970,Guest18014,Guest19199,
Members reacted dislike:
Guest10100,Guest18204,Guest14998,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #68:
 September 06, 2020, 06:52:18 PM
 I do declare that you sir are quite the scurrilous scalawag!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest13247,Guest12670,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #69:
 September 14, 2020, 10:39:40 PM
scurrilous scalawag indeed.
I may say that chap falls more towards a Humorless Hornswoggler.

Though I do declare, Youth Hockey does not entertain the most athletic lads on the planet.
Many may be better suited for competitive backgammon.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

For-profit hockey rink operator Black Bear sues AHAI

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 4
Views: 10717
Last post November 10, 2023, 01:40:18 PM
by Guest
Black Bear Monopolizing Youth Hockey