Poll

Does it matter if your equip is new or used?

Author Topic: Tired Of Overpriced Hockey Equipment?  (Read 8653 times)

Description:
Tired Of Overpriced Hockey Equipment?
Topic: August 24, 2018, 09:12:43 AM
Check out Sideline Swap ESPECIALLY FOR GOALIES! You'll thank me later!

Here's my story....

Our boys like shooting outside and in the basement but it gets a little boring for them when they're shooting at nothing but an open net or a shooter tutor all of the time. So I tossed around the idea of picking up some equipment to stand in net and be a target for them.

After pricing everything out over a couple weeks it became increasingly apparent this was going to be an extraordinarily bad idea. Or was it? After discussing with a few friends about how much goalie equipment costs, it was suggested to me to check out Sidelineswap.com .

Sideline Swap sells all kinds of sports equipment. The hockey equipment is new, used, gently used and professional/college team returns. What is a return? It's used professional hockey player equipment and it's all cleaned and disinfected before sale. You can bid on an item or outright buy it without haggling. I bid on all of my gear and here are my results.

*NOTE - Most, if not all of the sellers want to get rid of their gear. They price what they think the gear is worth. Do not be afraid to bid a lower price. I bid well below their asking prices on everything and every one of them accepted.

Bauer one100 goalie skates - retail approx $600. Paid $55
Vaughn X8 Sport Mask - White - retail approx $700 - $800. Paid $40
Reebok Larceny Leg Pads "Senior" 35" +Plus+ - retail approx $1,500. Paid $100 + $51 shipping
Warrior Messiah Pro goalie pants "Senior" Lg - retail $250. Paid $60 (These were still in original packaging, brand new)

Find equipment @ https://sidelineswap.com/shop/hockey

I paid a grand total of $306 for what would have been $3,050.00 brand new off of the shelf. I bought a CCM blocker and glove combo off of Facebook hockey trade and sell for $125, together they would have cost over $400 new.

All of my gear was used except for the pants and everything was delivered clean and in great condition. However, as precautionary measure I re-cleaned and disinfected everything. I won't lie, I haven't used the gear as much as I would have liked to since purchase, (4 months ago). I played in the street with our boys 3 or 4 times and once on the ice. But I didn't destroy the wallet or make Mrs. P. angry, so all is well. I will use it more but in due time.

To summarize, you can find ridiculously cheap deals on all kinds of gear, second hand or new at places like Sidelineswap and the various social media bartering sites. Check them out and save yourself some $$$
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase: