Author Topic: Hatfield Ice Dogs and Warwick Wildcats To Combine Clubs  (Read 37046 times)

Description:

Reply #30:
 January 29, 2019, 01:28:36 PM
What business is it of anybody elses to be concerned with what the owners of their own rinks do with hockey teams renting their ice? They own the rink, they reserve the right to do as they please with their tenant. If the tenant has nowhere to go it's not the rinks fault if they themselves have an option available for the players now with no team to play for. As much as anybody who owns a team wants to tell anybody they don't make money from it, they're lying. It's a business, they don't run a business to not make money.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #31:
 January 31, 2019, 11:15:10 AM
FYI...

It looked like the original Hatfield Ice Dogs and Warwick Wildcats Topic was going into a different direction with the Ducks and Blue Hens. I moved that entire discussion to it's own Topic https://www.youthhockeyinfo.com/index.php?topic=937.0
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #32:
 January 31, 2019, 01:23:43 PM
I’d take those rodents over the Hatfield board.

That was truly hilarious! Tough choice, no great option for my kids. You're choosing the best of a couple crappy choices.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #33:
 January 31, 2019, 01:24:22 PM
Let's be honest about the Rev. The club and rink are both complete garbage. Same guy owns OYR and same story.

This will certainly shake things up in the area. From what I've heard, BCI will continue for at least another year while the manager still holds the lease. Of course rink owners taking over the clubs is something that has been happening. Just look at what Ice Line did to the Quakers. It makes sense to integrate operations if the rink owners are capable and interested in running a club.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #34:
 January 31, 2019, 04:20:05 PM
It really is a shame.  We have met some great families and my son has made some great friends while at a Hatfield.  Again, the board is complete garbage.  I know the Rev team at his age group is a team I would never want him to play for based on seeing them first hand- nothing to do with talent.

I know the Hatfield board does not care about families from personal experience and what I have witnessed other families go through.

My son loves playing hockey so it really comes down to the lesser of evils.  Based on where we live, it’s not realistic/practical to go play for a club not as local to us.  I hope the details of the Genesis program are announced soon so we can decide what our next steps are.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #35:
 January 31, 2019, 10:14:01 PM
What business is it of anybody elses to be concerned with what the owners of their own rinks do with hockey teams renting their ice? They own the rink, they reserve the right to do as they please with their tenant. If the tenant has nowhere to go it's not the rinks fault if they themselves have an option available for the players now with no team to play for. As much as anybody who owns a team wants to tell anybody they don't make money from it, they're lying. It's a business, they don't run a business to not make money.

Exactly. Rink owners can do it better. A bit of consistency goes a long way. Should cut down on the politics, too. Can easily charge 25% more than current club and manage ice as needed.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #36:
 February 01, 2019, 01:53:11 PM

Exactly. Rink owners can do it better. A bit of consistency goes a long way. Should cut down on the politics, too. Can easily charge 25% more than current club and manage ice as needed.

My son has played for both types of scenarios, both have the pros and cons. Honestly, the rink-owned club cost a little more and there was less ice time. And yes, there were no politics, but there was also no face to the club. They had a front desk where you turned in paperwork and paid the fees, but none of those people could answer any questions. The end of the season came and we were deciding if we wanted to stay or go back to our previous club so I had a few questions. I emailed the only address I could find on the rink website and never got a response. Needless to say, we went back to our former club.

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #37:
 February 04, 2019, 12:28:52 PM
With all the comments on here about the Hatfield board, how can anyone feel good about going to a new team run by the same people. Because from everything I've heard Hatfield's part of the new board is the same people that everyone has a problem with. 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #38:
 February 04, 2019, 01:39:23 PM
The consensus rumor I keep hearing is that the Warwick board will be running the show.  I wish they would announce it already so we could potentially make other plans if need be. 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #39:
 February 04, 2019, 07:24:58 PM
With all the comments on here about the Hatfield board, how can anyone feel good about going to a new team run by the same people. Because from everything I've heard Hatfield's part of the new board is the same people that everyone has a problem with. 

Same. The website doesn't have a board identified for a reason. Keep everything important a big secret until after our kids tryout. Then reveal half of the board is the same crummy group that drove the Ice Dogs into the ground.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

GVH Arenas at Hatfield Ice To Begin Allowing Spectators

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 0
Views: 3213
Last post September 30, 2020, 03:34:20 PM
by Youth Hockey Info
Philadelphia Inquirer story on COVID cases at Hatfield and Oaks rinks