Author Topic: Sucker Punch In Youth Hockey Game  (Read 18738 times)

Description:
Sucker Punch In Youth Hockey Game
Topic: October 20, 2019, 01:06:38 PM
How would you call this? Happened in a game yesterday. First the kid knocks the other player out cold with an unprovoked sucker punch. Then as he's skating away he punches another player.

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #1:
 October 20, 2019, 03:20:10 PM
Assault with intent. Arrested.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
Guest13909,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #2:
 October 20, 2019, 07:27:19 PM
That is a match penalty every day and should carry a hefty suspension. What was the call?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #3:
 October 20, 2019, 08:00:13 PM
He was not called for the sucker punch and knock out, he received a 2 minute roughing for hitting the second player after he sucker punched the first, the refs did not see the sucker punch. This is my son who was knocked out.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
Guest15692,Guest14722,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #4:
 October 20, 2019, 08:22:20 PM
I hope your son is ok and that you along with the club submit this video to the DVHL. That thug should never play again!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #5:
 October 20, 2019, 08:22:53 PM
This is considered assault. Parents of kid, coaches, referee and rink could find themselves in a lawsuit for battery and neglect.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #6:
 October 20, 2019, 08:35:50 PM
My son is ok. Concussion, so out of all sports until he is cleared by a neurologist. This could of been so much worse. My son is a husky kid, 5’ 6 210 pounds. Thank god he didn’t get hurt worse when he dropped to the ground. Because the refs didn’t see it he didn’t receive any penalty. Some type of suspension has to be handed down from the dvhl. If this happened outside in the parking lot it’s assault. This type of behavior can not be tolerated. I know the kid didn’t mean to knock him out but him choosing to sucker punch him in the temple was still malicious. If a ref would of seen it he would be looking at a 2 game suspension at a minimum. We need to protect our kids. I am all for some good old physical hockey but this is not acceptable. We have to protect all of our kids.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #7:
 October 20, 2019, 08:45:39 PM
Any sucker punch is a b**ch move no matter what age group.  If that were my son who punched him the league would be the least of his worries.  I’m glad your boy is ok and don’t worry karma will catch up to that other kid and he will test the wrong one and fail. 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #8:
 October 20, 2019, 08:49:11 PM
Rule 615 Fighting:

(Note) A punch, or an attempted punch, thrown by any player in the direction of an opponent, regardless as to whether contact is made, is considered fighting.

(a) A major plus a game misconduct penalty shall be assessed to any player who engages in fighting. An additional minor penalty shall be assessed to any player who starts or instigates fighting.

A minor penalty shall be assessed to any player who drops his stick and/or removes his glove(s) during an altercation and is not a participant in the original altercation. A game misconduct penalty shall be added if, in the judgment of the Referee, such player is deemed to be the instigator of a subsequent altercation.

Game Misconduct = Suspension
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #9:
 October 20, 2019, 08:54:49 PM
If the officials missed the punch, I firmly believe it is up to the player's coaches to ensure proper consequences are given. If that player's coaches also didn't see it at the time, I would certainly go through your coach and club to escalate the incident to the appropriate administrators.  Attach the video.

If my kid ever did that, he would have some serious consequences from mom and dad!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
Guest12764,
Members reacted angry1:
Guest19702,
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase: