Author Topic: VIDEO: Disgusting Chants Towards Female High School Goalie  (Read 3865 times)

Description:

This is simply horrific and unacceptable. Not just in a hockey game, but anywhere!

On social media, a video from Pennsylvania in which you can hear high school players chanting at the opposite goalie has started trending. That’s because the players are skating on the ice, taunting the goalie, who is a high school girl with the most disgusting chants you can hear.

That’s right, the poor girl had to wait in her crease as she heard her rivals chanting “she’s a whore” and “suck our dicks” over and over…

The arena was full of supporters and none of them did something about it. Not even the referees, who should have stopped the game, give her the shutout and rubbed it in those dicks’ faces.

This is enraging.

I cannot believe this is still taking place. These kids should know by now that hockey is for everyone. I hope none of them making it to the NHL or professional ranks : they do not deserve it.

PIHL issued the following consequences to those actions Thursday:

• Armstrong High School students are not permitted to attend River Hawk hockey games, and the team will be on probation for the remainder of the 2021-22 season including playoffs.

• Siblings of varsity players will continue to be permitted to attend games only if they enter and sit with a parent or guardian during games.

• Armstrong High School will provide a faculty member or administrator to attend each home and away varsity hockey game to serve as a parent/student/spectator monitor.

The monitor shall address inappropriate spectator behavior before the situation escalates to the point it has an impact on the game. They are to call attention to the behavior, inform the on-site security official and ask for the offending spectator(s) to be removed from the rink.

The costs of the monitor’s attendance at the games is to be paid by the Armstrong High School River Hawks hockey club.

• A disciplinary hearing will be held for determination of supplemental disciplinary measures.

When reached Thursday night, PIHL Commissioner John Mucha said the Armstrong students’ actions were “disgusting” and “absolutely more than kids being kids.”

He supports the disciplinary measures.

“This is what the executive committee came up with based off of the information that was provided and talking to everyone involved in the situation,” Mucha said.

Meghan Duggan, Team USA Women’s Hockey Olympian, lent her support to the Mars goalie via Twitter.

“You represent so much more than the hateful words that were directed toward you,” the message said in part. “I stand with you.”
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest17661,
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted friendly:
Guest14896,
No reactions

Reply #1:
 November 07, 2021, 09:10:22 AM
It is everywhere. My wife had to turn off LiveBarn during the Holy Ghost vs. CB South game because of the language used by the Holy Ghost student section.  I know at CB South home games our students get rowdy and foul language. It is NOT acceptable and when I hear the foul language I say something to the students. This is the “broken window” theory to me that if you don’t take care of the simple problems, bigger problems will follow. Look no further than what the Armstrong fan chatted and no adult did anything. We need parents from every high school home team to commit to stopping this. I will continue to do my best to stop the verbal abuse whenever I hear it.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest16806,Guest14603,Guest11869,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase: