Forum > General Youth Hockey Info

Youth Hockey Tournaments A Total Waste Of Money

<< < (2/6) > >>

Youth Hockey Info:
Don't like them at all. As was noted above, there is never a level playing field. The tournament coordinators let anybody play as long as they're the same age. Doesn't matter what level they are. A/B/AA/AAA they all play in the same age group all of the time. And teams bring ringers and over age players all the time as well. They prove nothing and are completely meaningless to the regular season. They are also always uncontrolled with constant dirty play and fighting at all age levels.

Guest:
Total waste of Time, some are decent Blue chip was nothing more then handful of decent teams with equal amount of local Lower level teams to fill agenda. Team managers and some parents book the never ending Tourney season so they can drink and party and get away from their boring home life. Kids focus on everything But hockey. If you dont participate you are looked down on as not being a team player. Pass the Fireball please.

Guest:
No more than four tournaments a year. Most should be local. The closer the better. Don’t even ask if I want to go to North Carolina or Florida. Just plain dumb. Ideally all should be within two hours from home so hotel is an optional luxury. Oh, and if you are going to force me to stay to play... the answer is No.

Guest:
Triple crown in Montreal, 24 teams and 12 of them did not belong.First time I ever saw AAA hockey where after 7-8 goals they stop placing them on scoreboard. 7-0 & 8-0 games were really 12-0 to 15-0.

Youth Hockey Info:
Pittsburgh veterans cup. My son's coach decided to ice the puck on every draw after they went up by one goal to the Rochester Red Wings last season with less than a minute to go. The coach of the red wings yelled over at our bench, our coach yelled back. They got into a shouting match so the Red Wings coach had his players go out and fight ours on every play. After the refs stopped the game the Red Wings coach threatened to jump our coach in the parking lot. This was common place at both midget and bantam tourns over the last 2 seasons.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version