Author Topic: DVHL  (Read 12231 times)

Description:

Reply #10:
 March 31, 2022, 04:26:33 PM
I was on the fence about staying with my club going AHF or go to SWB Penguins to stay DVHL. After seeing how petty the fan page was to my buddy f them. I know people say they aren't connected, I say bs
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
Guest13484,Guest13246,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #11:
 April 01, 2022, 06:10:00 AM
If you are a 2nd yr Midget or older I'd just stay where you are. Now if your younger I'd go AHF now, in a yr or so everyone will be AHF anyway. Just out of curiosity what was said to get him blocked?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #12:
 April 01, 2022, 06:19:42 AM
I'd argue the opposite, how many DVHL clubs will be able to field competitive 16 or 18u teams.  There may be 4 or 5 AA teams at each level, that's going to be a brutal season.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest11349,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #13:
 April 01, 2022, 07:46:20 AM
I'd argue the opposite, how many DVHL clubs will be able to field competitive 16 or 18u teams.  There may be 4 or 5 AA teams at each level, that's going to be a brutal season.
I think I see what you are saying but the person he replied to said his club is going AHF so if his kid is Midget staying where he is, is the right advice because he'd be going AHF. I'd also agree if his son is younger going AHF is also the right decision.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #14:
 April 01, 2022, 08:47:18 AM
If you are a 2nd yr Midget or older I'd just stay where you are. Now if your younger I'd go AHF now, in a yr or so everyone will be AHF anyway. Just out of curiosity what was said to get him blocked?
So on the DVHL fan page they posted about deleting AHF recruitment post. One of the comments was about being different leagues and them trying to steal DVHL players. My friend replied that, but yet DVHL teams post on the AHF and don't get deleted. That was it, he even had a couple likes before they deleted his comment and blocked him. My friend has no loyalty to a league just his sons team, he will go wherever they do. He even replied to a comment on a topic on this site that if they were unsure travel is a good fit for them to try the Ice Hawks for a year and see how it works for them. He is an officer on our scholastic club and is the only one that really tries to keep it going smoothly and when an elementary or middle school parent would asked him about travel he'd tell them the same thing. If you aren't 100% sure travel will be a good fit try lite travel 1st, with Ice Hawks or Rebels. Throw in the 2 leagues and his answer never changed. He would show me his text and emails and from the end of Jan threw mid to end of Feb he'd get about 10 a week. He would give a honest answer if he thought they'd be able to play full travel or lite based on the players skill, if they asked. He'd never recommend a full travel team or league because he didn't want to be biased. This is my rant because I know him for 15+yrs and he didn't deserve for the them to be petty.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #15:
 April 01, 2022, 09:35:43 AM
It’s a transition year for the Dvhl.  Either the Ahf delivers on their promises of parity and more teams try to jump ship or players just move to Ahf teams to the point the remaining Dvhl clubs can’t field teams or the Ahf is more of the same and a few teams come back to the Dvhl.

I will say the Ahf having an app next season is cool, but the need to pay for it is annoying.  They are already starting to monetize things.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest18975,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #16:
 April 01, 2022, 09:44:12 AM
As far as Dvhl clubs, the Quakers according to their social media have had good turnouts and look like they’ll be adding teams.  I’ve seen the rumor here that Hershey won’t be fielding travel teams this season.  I know some other teams are struggling to get enough players for two teams at the lower levels.  Any word on how larger clubs like Delco and Genesis are faring?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #17:
 April 01, 2022, 05:21:42 PM
Players Needed in Bantams - This is our thinnest age group right now, if you know anyone who might be interested please have them contact us right away.  We also need the following number of goalies in these age groups - Bantam - 1, Pee Wee - 1, Squirt - 3
Steel Ice Center Spring League in Bethlehem. Find info on their Facebook, goalies are free
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
Guest10270,Guest18403,Guest17675,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #18:
 April 04, 2022, 11:18:20 AM
I'll say it again. The DVHL and NJYHL will be done within a few years and every team will be in AHF. They'll probably go back to separate NJ and PA conferences and it will be like nothing changed except you'll be forced to play their showcases.

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
Guest10878,Guest15730,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #19:
 April 04, 2022, 11:34:05 AM
I'll say it again. The DVHL and NJYHL will be done within a few years and every team will be in AHF. They'll probably go back to separate NJ and PA conferences and it will be like nothing changed except you'll be forced to play their showcases.

"forced"

say good bye to attending tournaments you want, you will be forced to enter "showcases" at Big Bear Rinks

Showcases for who?  For the Bear to make $$$

Wake up people

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest13004,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

pros and cons of DVHL vs EJEPL

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 22
Views: 15181
Last post March 18, 2019, 01:44:21 PM
by Guest
2019 DVHL Applications