Author Topic: AHF April 30-May 1 Parity Tournament  (Read 12027 times)

Description:

Reply #40:
 May 03, 2022, 07:13:24 AM
I would think the Ahf would have to make a decision to force teams up or down.  Otherwise what’s the point if teams can purposely play down and kill everyone just to take home a banner?
Agreed, playing down to banner hunt is a quintessential DVHL move.
Yes, winning that all-important Silver banner is everyone's goal!!!
just as important as playing down to win the all so impressive B American banner or B National
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #41:
 May 03, 2022, 07:40:51 AM
I would think the Ahf would have to make a decision to force teams up or down.  Otherwise what’s the point if teams can purposely play down and kill everyone just to take home a banner?
Agreed, playing down to banner hunt is a quintessential DVHL move.
Yes, winning that all-important Silver banner is everyone's goal!!!
just as important as playing down to win the all so impressive B American banner or B National
Face the facts, no matter what league you are in a team or two will try to play down for a banner. Sometimes it will the parents choice(Kings 2020-21 B National team) or an organizations choice (Rebels). This year it will be no different. It was obvious at parities teams didn't play to what we know they are, and why? Didn't want 2 or maybe 3 teams playing the same level, which why would they. The DV, EJ, NJ and the AHF will have this problem and however hard they try it won't change. The clubs that have to play these teams will pay the price of knowing they will be playing for 2nd or 3rd. The leagues need to recognize this during the season and simply ban those teams from the playoffs, that is the only way to put a stop to it. We know that won't happen either because all leagues care about is who is going to represent them in Nationals for they can throw salt at the other leagues, they won't care how that team got there and the cycle will continue.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #42:
 May 03, 2022, 07:55:59 AM
Parities tournaments are the same as spring and summer showcases. It doesn't matte what league it is. It could be the DVHLAHFNJYHLEJEPL combined and there will still be teams who chose to play down or play up. Playing down to win out and playing up because coach thinks he is the greatest teacher on earth who can make players do things they don't know they can do. Or it will be the parents who force the coach. Either way the league has nothing to do with what each individucal organization chooses to do with their teams placement. In the end all leagues roads lead to beer league.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted heartreaction:
Guest12474,

Reply #43:
 May 03, 2022, 07:56:47 AM
So if they're only concerned about who reps at nationals why not just worry about the AA banner, that forces clubs to put the best on that roster and play up to the competition.  Winning a banner for A National is meaningless, and when you're playing B American, call it what it is, limited travel house league, maybe a generic medal but leave the banners to the levels that can play on the national stage.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #44:
 May 03, 2022, 09:29:15 AM
PHC will SLAUGHTER ALL!! And you all know THIS!! 

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #45:
 May 03, 2022, 10:17:42 AM
So if they're only concerned about who reps at nationals why not just worry about the AA banner, that forces clubs to put the best on that roster and play up to the competition.  Winning a banner for A National is meaningless, and when you're playing B American, call it what it is, limited travel house league, maybe a generic medal but leave the banners to the levels that can play on the national stage.
You won't get parents to spend good hard earned money if they are playing meaningless hockey, which is what a lot will feel if it's not for that league or national banner. Same goes for tournaments, play down and get to see that banner hang in the rink and pound your chest.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #46:
 May 03, 2022, 01:35:32 PM
There’s a few teams that have run the table in my kid’s division.  Some teams were in the same division the prior year and got beat up on.  Some teams claim they worked hard and improved over the summer.  There are a few teams that stand out to me as simply playing down.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #47:
 May 03, 2022, 04:53:11 PM
Most parents playing AA/A/B hockey below bantam do not care about banners. They care about their kids improving and becoming not only better hockey players, but disciplined, motivated, well adjusted kids. The only people that care about banners are the crazy families, maybe 2, on each team. We all know what type of parents I am talking about. In my opinion it is more important for my child to learn how to lose than always win. In life there will be more losses than wins, but how you handle the losses determines how successful in life you will become. Everyone needs to relax and enjoy the ride. This is coming from someone that played a high level D-1 sport. In the end every kid ends up in the same place, beer leagues!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest11542,Guest14720,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #48:
 May 04, 2022, 06:20:50 AM
Most parents playing AA/A/B hockey below bantam do not care about banners. They care about their kids improving and becoming not only better hockey players, but disciplined, motivated, well adjusted kids. The only people that care about banners are the crazy families, maybe 2, on each team. We all know what type of parents I am talking about. In my opinion it is more important for my child to learn how to lose than always win. In life there will be more losses than wins, but how you handle the losses determines how successful in life you will become. Everyone needs to relax and enjoy the ride. This is coming from someone that played a high level D-1 sport. In the end every kid ends up in the same place, beer leagues!
🤣🤣😂😂🤣🤣😂😂🤣Maybe you aren't from the PA/NJ but ever since my kids started playing in house it's what most parents talked about. My kid won the U8 in house championship at age 5 and it was like that all the up until now, their final yr of Midget. You got you numbers mixed up it's more like 2 or 3 parents that don't care about tournament and league banners or trophies.🤣😂😂🤣🤣😂😂🤣🤣 Agree 100% that from in house threw AAA leads to beer leagues.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #49:
 May 04, 2022, 07:30:00 AM
yet you stayed with the same org and parent group, what does that say about you?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase: