Author Topic: DVHL Declarations a Disaster!  (Read 17743 times)

Description:

Reply #40:
 May 18, 2022, 02:23:12 PM
AHF had nothing to do with Hershey’s demise. Hershey was corrupt and mismanaged for years. Hershey has a paid director who is the son of the former general manager of the AHL Bears. He did nothing but collect a salary. Hershey always attracted the young kids because of the AHL Bears but once parents experienced the incompetency they bolted for other organizations. It’s no secret that both the Vipers and Palmyra were formed from disgruntled former parents. I know some want to blame AHF for everything but Hershey deserves all of the blame. Sometimes you have to demolish before you can rebuild starting with the so called hockey director.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
Guest18630,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #41:
 May 18, 2022, 02:32:42 PM
AHF had nothing to do with Hershey’s demise. Hershey was corrupt and mismanaged for years. Hershey has a paid director who is the son of the former general manager of the AHL Bears. He did nothing but collect a salary. Hershey always attracted the young kids because of the AHL Bears but once parents experienced the incompetency they bolted for other organizations. It’s no secret that both the Vipers and Palmyra were formed from disgruntled former parents. I know some want to blame AHF for everything but Hershey deserves all of the blame. Sometimes you have to demolish before you can rebuild starting with the so called hockey director.
And this is the dirt we all come here to see.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #42:
 May 18, 2022, 03:28:52 PM

I don't believe it this isn't what has been circulated around the club but make no mistake it is run poorly and that isn't any secret. We were told by the club most likely wouldn't have a place to play if the deal went threw. When the deal was done we had nowhere to go which makes sense since we refused to turn over to Black Bear. The other accusation sounds like a parent made made up one.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest18957,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #43:
 May 18, 2022, 04:49:18 PM
Well AHF put out their showcase dates and locations for next season. We will have our full schedule by mid-June. I guess everyone in DV, NJ & EJ can wait until late August or mid-September for you schedule. Your rinks should have joined AHF!!!!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #44:
 May 18, 2022, 06:12:03 PM
I can tell you what the year is going to look like, games Saturday, some Sundays.  Tourney at Thanksgiving, Presidents day, and maybe squeeze one in before playoffs.  Showcase late August, mid-November, early-December.  Playoffs mid-February, districts early March, nationals early April.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #45:
 May 18, 2022, 06:22:14 PM
Except where are your showcases- CT, VA, NY? AHF showcases 1 hour from our rink. No hotels. Have fun traveling all over. DV sucks!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #46:
 May 18, 2022, 06:43:43 PM
Never had EJ showcases in CT, VA, or NY, but did have AHF in North Jersey.  Hey, it's travel hockey, if they don't want away games or trips maybe house league is more your team's speed?  My kid is 18AA this season in AHF, frankly I don't think it's going to be much different than last season, my only hope is he has the opportunity for Nationals that AHF has been guaranteeing to it's members.  I see one other AHF roster that would compete with ours, oddly enough wish we were playing the DVHL clubs for one last crack at them.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #47:
 May 18, 2022, 07:34:13 PM
Well AHF put out their showcase dates and locations for next season. We will have our full schedule by mid-June. I guess everyone in DV, NJ & EJ can wait until late August or mid-September for you schedule. Your rinks should have joined AHF!!!!
This is a joke right? Your monopoly money league is superior because you have a schedule in June? Guess what tier ll hockey will not produce any NHL players so saying one league is better because you can get a schedule out in June is just idiotic. It's all so very comical but planning is breeze now because it takes families 3 months to plan what they already know they are going to do for the hockey season. That's travel so their kids can play hockey. The larger majority of hockey families plan their vacations to be taken during hockey season on hockey trips. You guys obviously don't know youth hockey as well as you think you do. AHF will do fine price gouging parents who buy their bogus marketing scheme.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #48:
 May 18, 2022, 09:06:54 PM
This is a joke right? Your monopoly money league is superior because you have a schedule in June? Guess what tier ll hockey will not produce any NHL players so saying one league is better because you can get a schedule out in June is just idiotic. It's all so very comical but planning is breeze now because it takes families 3 months to plan what they already know they are going to do for the hockey season. That's travel so their kids can play hockey. The larger majority of hockey families plan their vacations to be taken during hockey season on hockey trips. You guys obviously don't know youth hockey as well as you think you do. AHF will do fine price gouging parents who buy their bogus marketing scheme.
hate to tell you this but tier 1 kids will also be in the beer league
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest11347,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #49:
 May 18, 2022, 11:28:06 PM
No kids ever rise from AA to AAA. Never happens. Once you make AAA you are AAA forever. AA kids will never get better! I guess my AA Squirt should just stop playing now. No chance to ever make AAA. Thanks for the tip. No shot at NHL, because of coyrse, that is the goal! I will now just put my kid in another sport. Please tell me your kids name so when he makes the NHL I can congratulate you. Also, nothing says vacation like hockey tournaments during winter in Pittsburgh. You are awesome that your kid is AAA. AHF putting schedule out in June sucks! My other 2 non hockey playing kids hate knowing our schedule months ahead. My eyes are open to how I should plan my vacations, if we stay in hockey since AA/AHF sucks. Thank you!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

pros and cons of DVHL vs EJEPL

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 22
Views: 15178
Last post March 18, 2019, 01:44:21 PM
by Guest
2019 DVHL Applications