Forum > General Youth Hockey Info

2011 Brick Team Announced

(1/4) > >>

Guest:
Congrats to those kids who made it
 Must be an honor.

Guest:
I wish Brick wasn't so organizationally and politically influenced by Pittsburgh Penguins who places just about every kid from their roster on the Brick team year after year leaving only a few spots for outsiders. I can think of 8-10 better players who should have been on that Brick team. It's a big miss considering the talent at 2011 level this year who were within the eligible area to make team.  It's no wonder they went 1-4 at Brick.  Get rid of the politics and put the best kids forward regardless or organization affiliation or just play as the Pittsburgh Penguins and stop pretending that the "PA Brick" team represents 5-6 states as it is intended to. 

Guest:

--- Quote from: Guest on July 03, 2022, 11:51:02 AM ---I wish Brick wasn't so organizationally and politically influenced by Pittsburgh Penguins who places just about every kid from their roster on the Brick team year after year leaving only a few spots for outsiders. I can think of 8-10 better players who should have been on that Brick team. It's a big miss considering the talent at 2011 level this year who were within the eligible area to make team.  It's no wonder they went 1-4 at Brick.  Get rid of the politics and put the best kids forward regardless or organization affiliation or just play as the Pittsburgh Penguins and stop pretending that the "PA Brick" team represents 5-6 states as it is intended to. 

--- End quote ---

Talking smack about some 11 year olds nice.

Guest:

--- Quote from: Guest on July 03, 2022, 11:51:02 AM ---I wish Brick wasn't so organizationally and politically influenced by Pittsburgh Penguins who places just about every kid from their roster on the Brick team year after year leaving only a few spots for outsiders. I can think of 8-10 better players who should have been on that Brick team. It's a big miss considering the talent at 2011 level this year who were within the eligible area to make team.  It's no wonder they went 1-4 at Brick.  Get rid of the politics and put the best kids forward regardless or organization affiliation or just play as the Pittsburgh Penguins and stop pretending that the "PA Brick" team represents 5-6 states as it is intended to. 

--- End quote ---
sounds like the entitled bunch from south jersey didn't make it

Guest:
This year’s PA team had mostly Pens Elite players. It’s hard to argue against any of the players that made it. That Pens Elite team is legit.

Outside of a few kids who chose not to participate, there aren’t many cases to make for players who were left out.

I’d argue that Boston or CJR had more misses in their roster. And look how good CJR still ended up being.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version