Author Topic: Open Letter To The DVHL  (Read 29717 times)

Description:

Reply #80:
 March 17, 2019, 11:39:58 PM
And the Quakers 18AA's who didn't leave and stayed with the club went back to back this weekend smoking the Warwick Wildcats 18AA for the 2nd straight district title.

A quick look at the roster shows a lot of kids that came from other organizations so lets not act like the quakers don't understand the art of "stealing" players from other organizations as well.

Are you a little upset?  There is a big difference between players who are unhappy or want to play for a different club and players who are forced to play for another club because their club may not have a rink.

You sound a little salty that either you run a program that players want to leave ....... or you’re one of the players Parents that were not asked to leave.
Let’s lay this out here Mr Anonymity....... good players are always “recruited” by clubs....if you’re upset that some went to Quakers in the past.....do a better job. Happy people don’t leave....remember that. They don’t leave unless there is a possibility that there might be nowhere else to play.
Take the Hawks for instance......my kid left there years ago to play at Delco....because we were given a chance to play on a good team and the guy Chad at The Hawks was an idiot..... we weren’t happy and we left....had we been happy when Delco asked we would have said “thanks but no thanks”

Nothing for nothing had the Quakers had the same facility to provide for the kids I’m willing to bet 90% stay.
The only kids there that were ever unhappy were kids that didn’t make the team they thought they should have.....

Stay Salty

Actually I'm not upset at all big guy but thanks for the concern. 
I am not part of the league and deep down really don't care one bit about your mental problems but...
I did just happen to post an observation... which was only made because someone felt the need to disrespect the team that came in 2nd place in the district in their post, while trying to reference the sins of another organization, all while trying to imply the winner was derived from pure organic home grown talent. 
That was classless, stupid, and wrong, all in one post... But not nuts, you took care of that one.

ADMIN EDITED: Formatting in the above comment fixed for ease of reading.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

James

Reply #81:
 March 18, 2019, 11:55:58 PM
I have no dog in this fight but I have no idea what James is saying.  However, he talks like these hockey experiences are his own, not his child’s.   Very typical.   Hear that a a lot.

How so? What about anything that I said made it seam like it’s my experience.

Guest ...... please elaborate
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

James

Reply #82:
 March 19, 2019, 12:09:27 AM
And the Quakers 18AA's who didn't leave and stayed with the club went back to back this weekend smoking the Warwick Wildcats 18AA for the 2nd straight district title.

A quick look at the roster shows a lot of kids that came from other organizations so lets not act like the quakers don't understand the art of "stealing" players from other organizations as well.

Are you a little upset?  There is a big difference between players who are unhappy or want to play for a different club and players who are forced to play for another club because their club may not have a rink.

You sound a little salty that either you run a program that players want to leave ....... or you’re one of the players Parents that were not asked to leave.
Let’s lay this out here Mr Anonymity....... good players are always “recruited” by clubs....if you’re upset that some went to Quakers in the past.....do a better job. Happy people don’t leave....remember that. They don’t leave unless there is a possibility that there might be nowhere else to play.
Take the Hawks for instance......my kid left there years ago to play at Delco....because we were given a chance to play on a good team and the guy Chad at The Hawks was an idiot..... we weren’t happy and we left....had we been happy when Delco asked we would have said “thanks but no thanks”

Nothing for nothing had the Quakers had the same facility to provide for the kids I’m willing to bet 90% stay.
The only kids there that were ever unhappy were kids that didn’t make the team they thought they should have.....

Stay Salty

Actually I'm not upset at all big guy but thanks for the concern. 
I am not part of the league and deep down really don't care one bit about your mental problems but...
I did just happen to post an observation... which was only made because someone felt the need to disrespect the team that came in 2nd place in the district in their post, while trying to reference the sins of another organization, all while trying to imply the winner was derived from pure organic home grown talent. 
That was classless, stupid, and wrong, all in one post... But not nuts, you took care of that one.

ADMIN EDITED: Formatting in the above comment fixed for ease of reading.

Maybe the “smoking” could have been seen as disrespectful....... I did not write that. I didnt Read it that way ..... I seen it as a praise to the other team. However I can see your point about the comment ......

I just didn’t get the crying about “stealing” individual players......everyone tries to build the best team.....of a goodd player is asked to join another team and he leaves ...... there is a reason. That was my point
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #83:
 March 26, 2019, 10:18:38 AM
Delaware Stars on thin ice???
Delaware Stars Youth Hockey Program on thin ice?  They have has a mass exodus over the years and can't field competitive teams.  They have been relegated to a rec program.  How long can this last under current leadership?  Will the DVHL step in?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #84:
 March 26, 2019, 10:35:23 AM
Delaware Stars on thin ice???
Delaware Stars Youth Hockey Program on thin ice?  They have has a mass exodus over the years and can't field competitive teams.  They have been relegated to a rec program.  How long can this last under current leadership?  Will the DVHL step in?

Is that you, our thin skinned Prep friend?
Certainly fits the profile.
Oh, but don't say anything about me or I'll sue you.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

James

Reply #85:
 March 26, 2019, 06:11:25 PM
Sounds like a personal fight going on!!!!
Although..... of course they are struggling. They are in lower slower Delaware. Just take a look at the USA Hockey registration numbers from a 20 mile radius of their rink. Even if they had every player that played Hockey there they still couldn’t fill full teams at levels.....
Stick them in a populated Hockey area and they would be fine
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #86:
 March 28, 2019, 12:20:52 AM
I am not from the state of Delaware!  Watch out for the Rough Riders!  They have been around for a fraction of the time and have much stronger teams & people run it with integrity!  The Stars program is nothing more than a rec program.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

tree408

Reply #87:
 March 28, 2019, 06:49:05 AM
I am not from the state of Delaware!  Watch out for the Rough Riders!  They have been around for a fraction of the time and have much stronger teams & people run it with integrity!  The Stars program is nothing more than a rec program.
I've never heard of them until they didn't get in the DVHL, what levels do they play at and what league are they in currently?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #88:
 March 28, 2019, 07:07:47 AM
They are tier 2, fully independent scheduling.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

James

Reply #89:
 March 28, 2019, 09:45:36 AM
What rink do they play out of?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

Open Period (Recruiting) — dvhl/ayhl

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 20
Views: 13073
Last post May 11, 2020, 08:42:14 AM
by Guest
Snider Hockey Registration Still Open