Author Topic: tier !  (Read 20097 times)

Description:

Reply #100:
 March 25, 2022, 08:12:15 AM
...and how good was his 05 AAA team this year?  I'd wager a guess that they weren't Top 50 if most of the kids didn't start playing AAA until PW.

...and also, AAA at Mites (aka full ice mites) wasn't much of a thing 9 years ago.  The local hockey world has evolved, so that comparison is not very appropriate.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest14838,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #101:
 March 25, 2022, 08:48:04 AM
...and also, AAA at Mites (aka full ice mites) wasn't much of a thing 9 years ago.  The local hockey world has evolved, so that comparison is not very appropriate.
I hope you get a nice shiny AAA jacket when you paid your full ice mites tuition.  Fingers crossed for that trip to nationals!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #102:
 March 25, 2022, 09:39:37 AM

Another clueless poster.   My son is not on the Jr Flyers 04 team but has played against them for years.  Not one player from that team went back to play Tier II.  All players are still playing Tier one with the exception of one player.  He quit hockey to pursue lacrosse at an Ivy League school.  The same core group of players made it to the AYHL finals this year.   

No my kid made Jr Flyers AAA last year and we chose not to do it. Played AA. I am made because 50% of AAA players should not be on a AAA team. Not good enough at this age. 50%

If your kid was on Jr Flyers 16U AAA in 20-21 smart move that team was all tier ll A players. Several went back to A this past season
[/quote]
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #103:
 March 25, 2022, 09:43:15 AM
Another clueless poster.   My son is not on the Jr Flyers 04 team but has played against them for years.  Not one player from that team went back to play Tier II.  All players are still playing Tier one with the exception of one player.  He quit hockey to pursue lacrosse at an Ivy League school.  The same core group of players made it to the AYHL finals this year. 

No my kid made Jr Flyers AAA last year and we chose not to do it. Played AA. I am made because 50% of AAA players should not be on a AAA team. Not good enough at this age. 50%

If your kid was on Jr Flyers 16U AAA in 20-21 smart move that team was all tier ll A players. Several went back to A this past season
[/quote]
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest19308,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #104:
 March 25, 2022, 11:13:44 AM
It’s always the parents that aren’t playing AAA, that talk shit about it. If you take the “games” out of a AAA program. You have

1: More practices
2: More travel
3: Better coaching (for the most part)
4: More experienced players
5: Committed parents (and more crazies)
6: Extended seasons
7: Better value (in south jersey) per ice touch/camp/equipment/clinics/off ice

Just to name a few…

Friendships are formed much earlier and faster with all the early practices and overnight tournaments. Bonds are much deeper for kids and parent, with all the time spent tougher…The “fun” happens much sooner…And continues after the season…This is what sports are suppose to be.

My kid wants to have fun with his friends. He loves going to practice. However we aren’t chasing rankings and his coach isn’t screaming down their throat.

Not every parent or kids wants this.

Points 1,3,5 and 6 having nothing really to do with AAA. Those are really just a result of paying more money. Tier 2 could have all of those same things if they charged more $.
I'm not sure why More Travel is a benefit. You are already spending $6-7000 to play, now you're adding another $2-3000 just for travel costs.
And what's this BS about AAA kids having stronger bonds and have more fun? How do you even come up with shit like that?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest14274,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #105:
 March 25, 2022, 11:19:12 AM
don't know what is funnier, reading all these AAA parents on hear or at public hockey. Nothing like listening to a AAA parent yell at their kid to light up the goalie and then watch the kid slam his stick when he gets stuffed. Then the parent is like well that goalie is a year older and playing high A if not AA, not knowing the goalie is my son who is only played high B low A. I tell them and they call me a liar, why? The fact is his kid was skating around just about everyone just not getting off good shots, it happens but he didn't want to hear it and yelled at his son nonstop for not lighting up mine.
We will have to remember these chats when we are watching our kids in the beer leagues together
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest15700,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #106:
 March 25, 2022, 12:29:44 PM
AAA parents are so sensitive. What should someone else's opinion about AAA have to do with your kid. If you are confident in your decision you should not care.

My theory is all the writers hit a nerve and deep down 50% of the AAA parents know there kid is only on the team due to rink needing to fill our rosters. I will say this again, 50% of all AAA teams below Bantam need to be eliminated due to lack of talent pool in the area. This is the truth. 50% of AAA teams in the Delaware Valley is a joke compared to other regions.

I see 12U & 10U 21-22 season AAA players trying out for AA & A teams due to 1- bad experiences and 2- they realize after playing AAA they are not good enough yet.

My opinion should not matter to AAA parent whose kids are good enough, but it should matter to the letter chasers!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest19564,Guest10210,Guest13804,Guest10922,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #107:
 March 25, 2022, 02:31:56 PM
For me it does. There’s a big age gap between my son and daughter , and we don’t have many kids in our development.

It’s a perfect fit all around
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #108:
 March 26, 2022, 01:52:48 AM
AAA parents are so sensitive. What should someone else's opinion about AAA have to do with your kid. If you are confident in your decision you should not care.

My theory is all the writers hit a nerve and deep down 50% of the AAA parents know there kid is only on the team due to rink needing to fill our rosters. I will say this again, 50% of all AAA teams below Bantam need to be eliminated due to lack of talent pool in the area. This is the truth. 50% of AAA teams in the Delaware Valley is a joke compared to other regions.

I see 12U & 10U 21-22 season AAA players trying out for AA & A teams due to 1- bad experiences and 2- they realize after playing AAA they are not good enough yet.

My opinion should not matter to AAA parent whose kids are good enough, but it should matter to the letter chasers!

AAA parents aren’t more sensitive, we just get tired to listening to parents of AA and A kids bashing our decisions and predicting our kids inevitable burnout usually because they know despite their own kids hard work, they’re just not good enough YET to make a AAA roster. I agree that there are far too many AAA teams in area and I wouldn’t cry if half the 2011 and 2012 teams disappeared overnight. It would certainly make the remaining AAA teams more competitive nationally and push the internal team competition. There are definitely kids at AAA though that don’t really belong there.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest17694,Guest13777,
Members reacted dislike:
Guest10964,
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted heartreaction:
Guest18017,

Reply #109:
 March 26, 2022, 10:05:17 AM
It seems like you just agreed with the point of the discussion that there are too many AAA teams in the area. This waters down not only AAA but AA and A. Teams should not continue at AAA when they win only a few league games year after year and routinely loses 90% of their non-league games.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

Hollydell 2018 tier 1 status? Is this happening?

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 0
Views: 8744
Last post May 14, 2018, 09:09:33 AM
by Youth Hockey Info
Educate me on Tier 1 Programs

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 5
Views: 7166
Last post November 21, 2018, 07:46:23 AM
by Guest
Tier 1 vs Tier ll Hockey A to Z - More Bang For the Buck?

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 19
Views: 36519
Last post June 29, 2020, 08:41:10 AM
by Guest
Revolution Youth Tier II

Started by RevolutionBoard Youth Hockey Info Center

Replies: 0
Views: 9372
Last post March 06, 2019, 12:36:45 PM
by Revolution
Revolution Youth Tier ll NEW PRICING!