Author Topic: tier !  (Read 20121 times)

Description:

Reply #60:
 March 21, 2022, 09:39:22 AM
Not a rumor.  They added two really good Forwards from Northern NJ/NYC area and potentially another F from MD/VA.  Got weaker at D though.  That's going to be a fantastic team.  It's great news for other teams who want to play other top notch teams.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest17437,Guest17583,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #61:
 March 21, 2022, 09:40:54 AM
"Best" vs. "recruited by" are two vastly different categories.  There are plenty of PW AAA teams in this area which certainly leaves some open spots.  However, none of the "best" 2011s around are playing AA or A. 

I disagree. All teams are recruited. No one forms a team from only their rink. Of the players I listed 1/3 would play on atleast 2nd line of all but super recruited PHC teams! PHC recruited using Venom. Not all of the best players play AAA. How many AAA players get college offers compared to Tie II. It is very close, maybe 60/40. Dont be fooled by the letters!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #62:
 March 21, 2022, 10:00:08 AM
Yes, i was told PHC 2011's got the #1 2012 player in the country from Mid-Fairfield. I have see this kid play and all i can say is WOW. The MD kid they got is a PA Brick player as well. Team will be very scary.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest18417,Guest14348,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #63:
 March 21, 2022, 10:15:16 AM
"Best" vs. "recruited by" are two vastly different categories.  There are plenty of PW AAA teams in this area which certainly leaves some open spots.  However, none of the "best" 2011s around are playing AA or A. 

I disagree. All teams are recruited. No one forms a team from only their rink. Of the players I listed 1/3 would play on atleast 2nd line of all but super recruited PHC teams! PHC recruited using Venom. Not all of the best players play AAA. How many AAA players get college offers compared to Tie II. It is very close, maybe 60/40. Dont be fooled by the letters!

Please give us some examples of Tier 2 players that got recruited to go play NCAA hockey?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #64:
 March 21, 2022, 10:54:12 AM
I now see why I don't bother to post on this stuff very often.  Some people are so convinced in their opinions they'll just make insane statements with fictitious stats.  Even worse are the statement like "super-recruited"...almost all Tier 1 teams have kids that didn't grow-up at that particular rink. 

The question posed challenged the word "best" which continues to be ignored.  There are not any "best" 2011 kids in the area playing Tier 2.  How about defining best as the kids likely to make the top two PW Quebec teams in 2 years. 

And for the person posting on the MFF kid or the MD kid, you're right... those kids are great.  There are a 10-12 other forwards in the area that are in the same category as them. 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #65:
 March 21, 2022, 11:03:13 AM
I have bad news for tier 1 dads. My son plays for his college club team and almost the entire roster is tier 1 and AA players, even 2 who played EHL Jr A. Unless your kid is amazing beyond high scoring, he's not getting recruited to play NCAA with a scholarship.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest14740,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #66:
 March 21, 2022, 11:13:22 AM
I now see why I don't bother to post on this stuff very often.  Some people are so convinced in their opinions they'll just make insane statements with fictitious stats.  Even worse are the statement like "super-recruited"...almost all Tier 1 teams have kids that didn't grow-up at that particular rink. 

The question posed challenged the word "best" which continues to be ignored.  There are not any "best" 2011 kids in the area playing Tier 2.  How about defining best as the kids likely to make the top two PW Quebec teams in 2 years. 

And for the person posting on the MFF kid or the MD kid, you're right... those kids are great.  There are a 10-12 other forwards in the area that are in the same category as them. 

Best is relative term. Best players do not always make AAA teams. Attitude, team play and other factors play into this. I am stating there are many Tier II players that are good enough to play AAA and about 1/3 of them would be 2nd line or better on AAA teams, excluding again PHC that everyone will admit is the best 2011, 2012 AAA teams around due to Venom.  The point I am making is AAA hockey in no different that elite soccer or lacrosse. Not all the best players play elite. Also best player at 12 or younger does not mean best player once puberty hits. That is when this get serious and the best players are truly revealed. Burnout by 13, 14 or 15 years old plays a huge part of this as well. Very few kids make it not because of talent but because of desire and drive. Once puberty hits girls (or boys) come into play, parties, social events, etc. The kids that make it are the ones that sacrifice the social events of puberty. Most do not want it that much and drop off. This is a worthless argument do to these factors. My kid will play Tier II AA or A until be reaches Bantam. If he makes AAA at Bantam he can do it if he wants to. Many Tier II families I know follow the same path. This is why AAA below Bantam does not have the "best" players. Get out our your AAA bubble and watch other levels play and you will see the quality of the players. The enter team is not as good as AAA but most AA teams have 3-4 players that are AAA quality with 1-2 to that are good enough to be considered one of the best on the AAA team they would play on.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest18899,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #67:
 March 21, 2022, 12:36:29 PM
I have bad news for tier 1 dads. My son plays for his college club team and almost the entire roster is tier 1 and AA players, even 2 who played EHL Jr A. Unless your kid is amazing beyond high scoring, he's not getting recruited to play NCAA with a scholarship.

My son's club team is pretty much the same, though there some A level players as well. Imagine coming in as 21 year old freshman after playing Juniors and ending up on a team with kids who were no more than A level.

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #68:
 March 21, 2022, 12:47:34 PM
Why does this topic always come up?  Everyone knows the odds are slim to none for making the NHL and near that for getting a D1 scholarship.  The math is pretty simple.  Also simple, is understanding that those with the most exposure to coaches/scouts as they are older (i.e. not SQ or PW) will have the better chance of getting looks.  Let's face it, D1 scouts aren't coming to the Aston Memorial Day tournament to watch the 16U A Division. 

It's okay to "live in the now" and enjoy the ride.  Nothing wrong with playing on a Top 20 AAA team in the country (be it 1st line or 4th line).  Nothing wrong with playing on a 10W-50L AAA team.  Nothing wrong with playing A or B level hockey.  (Though there is probably something wrong with people playing their kids down.)  Enjoy the ride people. 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest11407,Guest12684,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #69:
 March 21, 2022, 01:02:15 PM
Y'all losing sight of the fact that the goal for all hockey players is to play in beer league some day.  Some get there sooner than others.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

Hollydell 2018 tier 1 status? Is this happening?

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 0
Views: 8770
Last post May 14, 2018, 09:09:33 AM
by Youth Hockey Info
Educate me on Tier 1 Programs

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 5
Views: 7189
Last post November 21, 2018, 07:46:23 AM
by Guest
Tier 1 vs Tier ll Hockey A to Z - More Bang For the Buck?

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 19
Views: 36960
Last post June 29, 2020, 08:41:10 AM
by Guest
Revolution Youth Tier II

Started by RevolutionBoard Youth Hockey Info Center

Replies: 0
Views: 9400
Last post March 06, 2019, 12:36:45 PM
by Revolution
Revolution Youth Tier ll NEW PRICING!