Author Topic: tier !  (Read 20108 times)

Description:

Reply #80:
 March 24, 2022, 09:24:04 AM
"Best" vs. "recruited by" are two vastly different categories.  There are plenty of PW AAA teams in this area which certainly leaves some open spots.  However, none of the "best" 2011s around are playing AA or A. 

I disagree. All teams are recruited. No one forms a team from only their rink. Of the players I listed 1/3 would play on atleast 2nd line of all but super recruited PHC teams! PHC recruited using Venom. Not all of the best players play AAA. How many AAA players get college offers compared to Tie II. It is very close, maybe 60/40. Dont be fooled by the letters!

Please give us some examples of Tier 2 players that got recruited to go play NCAA hockey?

Cat got your tongue?   No one??   Yes some Jr players wind up on club teams, not everyone can advance to the next level.  If you have a kid that is dedicated and has the possibility of making a NCAA roster as parents don't you give them the opportunity?  The only way to support your child's dream is to play AAA.  No NCAA scout is watching 18 tier 2.

The discussion was not about 18 year old's. You should read the thread. This was about AAA before Bantam. No on is arguing about AAA once kids reach teenager. I contend there are 3-4 AAA players on each AA or A (if no AA team in rink) team. Out of those 3-4 players at say Igloo, Hollydell & Voorhees, I could field a team that is .500 or better for AAA. Not PHC AAA, but AYHL. I also contend that 1-2 players from these rinks would play at least 2nd line on 12U or 10U AAA team. I will also contend that some AA teams can beat bottom 90% of AAA teams 12U or under. PHC is the exception as the recruit from all over PA & NJ and create super teams! Remember transfer rules only apply to nationals eligible teams. 12U or under rules don't apply.

Makes it even worse if someone thinks squirts and pee wees are getting college offers at Tier 2.   I am not sure if it was you or not but the 60/40 comment was absurd and whomever posted it is clueless.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest10234,Guest17672,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #81:
 March 24, 2022, 10:17:40 AM
Are peewees and squirts getting college offers at any level?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #82:
 March 24, 2022, 10:37:22 AM
 Remember transfer rules only apply to nationals eligible teams. 12U or under rules don't apply.
[/quote]

This is incorrect.  The 2-4 transfer rule is from the district and applies at all levels from 10U on up.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest14804,Guest13583,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #83:
 March 24, 2022, 11:39:58 AM
Re: Venom and Pilots - I think you all realize that such teams are extremely birth year dependent.  Those places do nothing vastly different than Wolverines, 1494, Patriots, Valley Forge, etc.  Some years will be better than others, especially at that age where one or two top notch players make a huge difference.  Location to talent is the key.  Facilities are important as well.  But in the end, making strong connections with the players/parents through stellar coaching is what makes orgs successful year after year from top to bottom. 

This has been a fun thread to follow, but some of you are so dense.  In the end AAA > AA > A > B.  Of course there are exceptions to that rule, but it's not going to apply beyond a few players or teams.  And yes, everyone knows scholarships aren't handed out at Squirt or PeeWee, but you are fools if you think there are going to be dozens of Squirt B players that eventually move into the upper echelon of the local hockey world. 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest13129,Guest18113,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #84:
 March 24, 2022, 12:01:59 PM
So in your opinion a squirt b player should give up any dream they may have because there is no way they can improve enough to move up from age 9 to age 18, interesting. I know a couple of kids that were squirt b and now are playing Tier 1 in Palmyra, one is an 06, one is an 07 and a goalie that flip flops between AA and AAA(not with Palmyra). I don't completely disagree with what you are saying just the way you are coming across. Don't worry i already know you don't agree with me, it's cool.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest10796,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #85:
 March 24, 2022, 12:13:22 PM
I said "dozens"...that's another way of saying don't expect it to happen too often.  Of course there are and will always be late bloomers, but hockey isn't a sport that lends itself well to late starts.  Goalie may be the position where large leaps are most possible.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest19919,Guest19750,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #86:
 March 24, 2022, 12:32:31 PM
I don’t think that that is what he was trying to say at all. In fact he stated that there are exceptions to the rule but that the idea that there are “dozens” of Sq B kids that are going to be playing AAA in a couple years is probably not true. I think with perseverance ANY kid can play at a high level if they commit themselves to it. Can a B kid work hard enough to play AAA next season? Sure. Do they want to put in the work that it’s gonna take to get there? Maybe. Depends on kid and how bad they want it. And please don’t misunderstand me. There are some LAZY but talented kids in the SQ and PW AAA ranks, I know that first hand, and not every AAA kid should really be there. But I put much of the blame on the dilution of the talent at AAA. There are just too many average AAA teams. My son is a AAA SQ and in the tri state area they are considered one of the better teams. But after going to Boston and Chicago and playing MF 2012 last year it’s clear that his team wasn’t in the same class (not that ANYONE is competitive with MF 2012).
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #87:
 March 24, 2022, 12:46:05 PM
I do believe that PHC 2011's beat #1 Ranked 2012 MFF and also tied them. Still MFF 12's are no joke, and they also got the best player from MFF to move to PHC2011 recently for next season.. Watch out for them
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest14372,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #88:
 March 24, 2022, 01:16:13 PM
Anyone who says that NK was the best player on MFF2012 last year obviously didn't see them play enough.  He's a great player, but certainly was not the best. 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest12970,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #89:
 March 24, 2022, 01:31:19 PM
I do believe that PHC 2011's beat #1 Ranked 2012 MFF and also tied them. Still MFF 12's are no joke, and they also got the best player from MFF to move to PHC2011 recently for next season.. Watch out for them

Unless a family relocated for work, what the hell is a 10 year old kid doing traveling from CT to NJ to play hockey. Wow this is a messed up sport. You people are nuts! AAA is nuts and I can't wait until 90% of these 2012 kids get burnout and quit by 14. I also can't wait until puberty hits and the remaining kids realize other kids at lower levels were becoming athletes, working hard on and off ice and just needed the added strength puberty gave them to compete or pass these AAA players. It will happen and I will laugh my a** off at these parents that spent 3-4x what I did to get to the same place. Except my kid will: 1- not be burnt out, 2- will not be some system built player, 3- will be a better athlete due to playing multiple sports and 4- be able to handle the competition because he understands the game better. Other sports not only make you an athlete, but they allow you to compete outside hockey comfort zone and also help kids learn strategies that translate to hockey. You people are crazy for spending so much $ and time on AAA hockey. Come back to reality please. You kid is not getting a scholarship or going to the NHL. Put the $ from hockey in a 529 Plan. It will be a much better investment!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

Hollydell 2018 tier 1 status? Is this happening?

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 0
Views: 8753
Last post May 14, 2018, 09:09:33 AM
by Youth Hockey Info
Educate me on Tier 1 Programs

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 5
Views: 7176
Last post November 21, 2018, 07:46:23 AM
by Guest
Tier 1 vs Tier ll Hockey A to Z - More Bang For the Buck?

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 19
Views: 36684
Last post June 29, 2020, 08:41:10 AM
by Guest
Revolution Youth Tier II

Started by RevolutionBoard Youth Hockey Info Center

Replies: 0
Views: 9381
Last post March 06, 2019, 12:36:45 PM
by Revolution
Revolution Youth Tier ll NEW PRICING!