Author Topic: Jags black bear fees for AHF for 2023 season  (Read 20980 times)

Description:

Reply #50:
 March 11, 2023, 11:24:35 AM
So apparently anyone who has a different opinion is either:
a) An employee of Black Bear
b) Mr Money Bags
c) A letter chaser

Hilarious

I like the comment above, NJ rinks are just more expensive because of something like taxes. Why dont you go to Aston or West Chester then, if they are so much cheaper?

Hopefully they arent still putting older teams on the Futures Rink at Hollydell for practice.

You do make some really good points on how there is drama at all of the rinks and it causes parents to continually jump around. Parents need to fight back to try to control these costs. If we arent playing AAA or AA, then there is no need for so many practices, skills sessions (if they have it, as you mention) and even tournaments. Whatever happened to playing hockey at a level above in house, but not needed from July through March.

I am not sure what level your kid plays at, but your post really outlined a lot of good details that I hope a lot of other parents see (and factor into their decisions). Too many parents drink the kool aid, and I commend you for your honesty...
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #51:
 March 13, 2023, 12:46:00 PM
Kid played 12UAA this year, moving to 12UAAA next year. Parents have the power over the rinks for how much they pay. Without the players the rinks can't field teams. BB overpaid for rinks, had to replace mechanicals and now are trying to recoup their money. If BB keeps pushing prices higher, they will lose players to other rinks or worse other sports. It is getting unaffordable to play hockey. I am already starting to see this as my kid gets older. On top of the higher pricing BB overbooks their rinks which forces shared ice practice. Seems every year we are getting less for our money. Parents need to wake up!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest15567,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #52:
 March 13, 2023, 01:34:25 PM
hopefully you are playing for one of the better ranked AAA teams. a lot of AAA teams in PA and NJ are pretty much AA teams
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #53:
 March 13, 2023, 08:57:22 PM
Not worried about how good a team. Want 3 days on ice, 1 off ice with trainer and actually get skill sessions. Practice is first at this age, not games. Skating, skating and more skating!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #54:
 March 14, 2023, 06:41:08 AM
If the attitude is to skate, skate, skate then stay at AA and go to Elite Edge or somewhere like that for private lessons. your kid will surely skate, skate, skate while saving money at the same time. Join a gym for $30 a month and most have a trainer included with membership. I personally don't want a kid on my kids AAA team that isn't worried about the quality of team they are on.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #55:
 March 14, 2023, 09:20:48 AM
That's good to get practice 3x a week. How was your AA experience?

Not sure where you played, but my son plays A level in PA.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #56:
 March 14, 2023, 06:28:44 PM
Played AA in Central NJ. Moving to AAA next year- more expensive, but 3x's week on ice, one off with trainer, weekly skills, training camp, spring skates, video sessions. AAA Better bang for buck, especially at non-BB rink. AA at a BB rink was a total rip-off for $3900 with jerseys & socks. AHF AA was very good competition but the practices were all 2 shared ice practices/week, no off ice, skills sessions were worthless, only 1 of 2 tournaments, no training camp as promised, and dad coaching just ok. Looking forward to AAA with non-dad coaches and a more professional atmosphere.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #57:
 March 14, 2023, 06:32:01 PM
If the attitude is to skate, skate, skate then stay at AA and go to Elite Edge or somewhere like that for private lessons. your kid will surely skate, skate, skate while saving money at the same time. Join a gym for $30 a month and most have a trainer included with membership. I personally don't want a kid on my kids AAA team that isn't worried about the quality of team they are on.

And I don't want someone on my team that only cares about winning. Name of game until kids hit puberty is development and skating. Wins and losses mean nothing. I care about improvement, playing the game as a team, working hard and having fun. If all this happens, then so will wining. I know the team will have talent, but don't want winning at all costs like some of the AAA teams.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest17794,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #58:
 March 15, 2023, 06:09:51 AM
Played AA in Central NJ. Moving to AAA next year- more expensive, but 3x's week on ice, one off with trainer, weekly skills, training camp, spring skates, video sessions. AAA Better bang for buck, especially at non-BB rink. AA at a BB rink was a total rip-off for $3900 with jerseys & socks. AHF AA was very good competition but the practices were all 2 shared ice practices/week, no off ice, skills sessions were worthless, only 1 of 2 tournaments, no training camp as promised, and dad coaching just ok. Looking forward to AAA with non-dad coaches and a more professional atmosphere.
No off ice and only 1 tournament is more of a coach/team manager problem more than a BB problem. I was BB this past season and we did 1hr of dryland every week and 4 tournaments. I know BB probably said 2 tournaments but your coach and team manager needs to push a little like ours did. We did 4 but only paid extra for 2.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #59:
 March 15, 2023, 09:08:58 AM
But that is what waters down the AAA programs...it's these pay to play AAA programs. If you want your kid to skate, skate, skate, and not care about the quality of a AAA program, you can get the kid to do that on an A or AA team by having him do a clinic or camps rather than 3 practices a week without possibly playing on a team that gets their s***t kicked in every game (not saying that would be the team he would play on).
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest19512,Guest13878,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase: