Forum > General Youth Hockey Info

BREAKING: The Rink At Lehigh Valley has been sold

<< < (9/10) > >>

Guest:
My biggest concern is more for the Polar Bears.  What a fantastic program and hope that they can find the ice to continue.  Hoping for the best for Joe and the kids that play. 

Guest:

--- Quote from: Guest on May 17, 2022, 12:27:13 PM ---My biggest concern is more for the Polar Bears.  What a fantastic program and hope that they can find the ice to continue.  Hoping for the best for Joe and the kids that play. 

--- End quote ---
No concern is needed, they were taken care of the day after the Rink announcement was made.

Guest:
I'm still wondering if Steel Ice will build a 3rd rink to pick up the scholastic, college and other teams that played out of the Rink. I get why the rink closed, it's business. The old owner wanted out and the new owner doesn't want a rink, it stinks and if the owner of Steel ice don't see a 3rd rink paying for itself and making a profit why would he add one. I think it would but what would I know about the cost of running a rink.

Guest:
Last night my son had a GOTTA hockey practice at the Rink. It hit hard when the coach got the kids together at center ice and did a final picture and goodbye to the Rink, it was their last practice there. An adult team followed us and when they came in talking about it being their final game the one female player was almost in tears. Steel Ice will hopefully add a 3rd rink for all these people(adult, scholastic, college, ect..) have a place to play. If not hockey in the valley will suffer.

Guest:

--- Quote from: Guest on May 18, 2022, 07:38:08 AM ---I'm still wondering if Steel Ice will build a 3rd rink to pick up the scholastic, college and other teams that played out of the Rink. I get why the rink closed, it's business. The old owner wanted out and the new owner doesn't want a rink, it stinks and if the owner of Steel ice don't see a 3rd rink paying for itself and making a profit why would he add one. I think it would but what would I know about the cost of running a rink.

--- End quote ---
Hopefully Kutztown Bears hockey will go back to Body Zone and it's actually a good thing because it's much closer. My only question is how will this work with us sharing the rink with Alvernia now that they have the NCAA D3 team and Penn State Berks is back playing?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version