Author Topic: 2024-25 Movement  (Read 11064 times)

Description:

Reply #340:
 Today at 10:20:36 AM
This whole thread is the definition of people living their dreams through their kids. Save your money on hockey tuition your kids going to need it for the shrink. It’s youth sports at all levels the aa-aaa argument is ridiculous. Let your kid play a game at the level they’re capable of. The people arguing about daddy coaches securing their kids positions on a team speaks volumes about your disappointment in your own child. Get over yourself
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #341:
 Today at 10:36:08 AM
The whole thread started by some whack job from FE bashing a kid and parent
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #342:
 Today at 11:31:22 AM
The whole thread started by some whack job from FE bashing a kid and parent

First off I am not a coach at FE. I am a former FE parent that left the rink after the season. Here is the post that supposedly started it all:

"Little Flyers and SM beware. You took a team killer parent at 2013. You were warned and still took the kid. We shall see how long it takes for an X to appear next to kids name on AYHL website."

Where in the above post does the person bash the kid? The post was about the crazy parent, not the kid. That kid is a very good player but the parent is out of control. Before you go accusing people of bashing a kid, read the damn post. No one at FE ever blamed or bashed the kid. It was not just CO & JP who had issue with this guy. FE 2013/2014 coaches (KD & MR) tried to get the kid to stop listening to his dad's coaching from the stands and telling him to do things that went against what the coaches were teaching. Parents this dad hung out with told him to tone it down. The dad would not listen. The post was meant to get the dad to realize his behavior is hurting his son, but the dad is too dumb to realize that. Any parent that screams at their kid so much the kid starts crying on the ice, is a problem parent!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest11864,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #343:
 Today at 01:13:03 PM
The concern is the parents in coaching positions who never gained the hockey knowledge first hand, they are there to pave the way for their kids careers, to control the situation and manipulate other parents into thinking the construct is for the greater good.  If your a former D-1 or Major Junior hockey player, spent a lifetime learning the game, played under professional coaches, were taught the game at an academic level, made sacrifices to reach those levels I’d say your more than qualified to coach regardless of your status as a parent, but only playing, playing through 16u or even HS does not give one the tools or the reference point to be a competent youth hockey coach.  You can’t paint all coaches who are parents with the same brush, and not all hockey people are great coaches but too many parents are fooled by snake oil salesmen routines and disingenuous recruiting pitches and fall victim to well disguised daddy ball frauds

F**K, I didn't play D1 or Major Junior so guess I'm not qualified to coach.  I'll submit my resignation to my club now.... thanks for the clarification.  Hopefully the club can quickly find 30 or so former D1 players that are willing to coach or we may just have to fold the club and cancel the season.

I'll also be looking to cut any kids that aren't on the D1 fast track, they may have the hockey IQ to play at a higher level but not the speed/skill so they should be out as well.

Maybe your don’t know as much about the game as you think you do, maybe you have a shelf life as to when you should step aside and let qualified coaches help the kids, maybe you stayed at a holiday inn express last night
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #344:
 Today at 02:48:48 PM
At the THF Parity the Flyers Elite 2015 team played well and had a full bench.  Based on what I read here I expected the opposite. 

Where did anyone reference the 2015 team? They're a month removed from Mite hockey and I am sure are still playing at a Mite level along with the other 2015 teams.. The 15's will have a better understanding of the joke that is the entire program and staff in a few years.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #345:
 Today at 02:53:09 PM
If you have an issue with a coach, leave. It is on you, not the rink or organization if you don't like the coach. I am not a coach, just a parent that does not think I know more than any coach. I was given advice by friend who played D1 hockey in the early 2000's. He said the following:

1. Find a coach your child and you like
2. Use that coach to teach your kid as much as the coach can
3. Once the coach has nothing left to teach, find a new coach and repeat 1 & 2.

If you and your kid don't like FE and the coaches, leave. If you think there is better coaching at another rink, let me say Little Flyers, move there. Just because you don't like a coach or organization you don't need to tear it down. Just because the coach is a dad does not mean he is a bad coach. Just because the coach didn't play higher than HS, does not mean he is a bad coach. Conversely, just because a guy played D1, Major Juniors or Professionally does not mean they are a good coach. Your argument is a poor one. Whether a coach played HS or Professionally they both need to get certified by USA Hockey and follow the ADM model that has made the USA one of the best countries for producing D1 and Pro players. I agree a coach should step aside when they can't teach their kid anymore. GG did this with JG & MG. That age was around 15-16 years old. Before that age you are teaching kids the basics, repeating the basics over & over, and introducing some system concepts at around age 12-13 according to ADM. Teams that run systems before then are limiting the kids creativity on the ice. Want to know why Russia produces so many great goalies? They teach basic concepts at an early age, do not bother with technique or positioning until 16-17 years old and allow the goalie to develop athletically before refining there technique. The same goes for skaters. You are an idiot and know nothing about how to develop a child for athletic success as they get older. Let me give you advice on how to accomplish this:

1. Let your kid play as many sports as possible- this is to avoid burnout
2. Get your kid off the ice for a minimum of 8 weeks in the summer
3. Allow your kids coaches to coach the kid-
4. Go to other clinics besides your main team/coach
%. This is most important- encourage your kid in a positive manner, do not critique your kid after a practice or game, do not discuss the game with your kid for at least 24 hrs, and only cheer for your kid at games- This will allow your kid to have fun and stop you from living your dreams through your kid.

You need to chill out and relax. The athletic journey in all sports is a marathon not a sprint. If you allow your kid to have fun they just might like it and want to work at things on their own, which is what truly makes a kid succeed. A coach has your kid for maybe 5-7  hrs a week during a season. What is your kid doing the time they are away from the rink? Wake up and stop being such an idiot!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #346:
 Today at 02:55:36 PM
At the THF Parity the Flyers Elite 2015 team played well and had a full bench.  Based on what I read here I expected the opposite. 

Where did anyone reference the 2015 team? They're a month removed from Mite hockey and I am sure are still playing at a Mite level along with the other 2015 teams.. The 15's will have a better understanding of the joke that is the entire program and staff in a few years.

Well who are your referencing then? You only say FE is a terrible program, which coaches and which ages?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #347:
 Today at 04:03:15 PM
I have a new player at FE. I am amazed this thread is still going. I talk with parents and coaches at all age levels. No one at FE is even talking about the people that left or the issues from last season. Teams are set and the page has been turned. Take Heed: "Holding a grudge does not hurt the person against whom the grudge is held, it hurts the one who holds it." Read below and move on!

"Ah yes, another parent bashing kids with "quantity over quality". Can people read what they write? Everyone bashing FE, parent/coaches that left FE, FY, Mercer, PHC, Hollydell, LF, etc. should be ashamed. I have 5 kids- 2 play hockey, the other 3 paly soccer, basketball and lacrosse. Besides soccer, I have never read so many disrespectful posts from all parties involved. This thread sure makes me understand why hockey has the worst culture of any sport! I have read about drug use, child abuse, alcoholism, sexism, calling a man autistic, calling a women a witch, bashing kids because they are not AAA, bashing kids because they left a team, and more. Adn stop bashing Dad coaches. There are Dad coaches at every AAA rink- LF, PHC, JF, VF, WB, Colonials, Revolution, Mercer, Avalanche, Devils, Titans and more. Just because you are a dad does not mean you are a bad coach. If you don't like the dad coach, get certified and coach yourself. If not shut the hell up. If you have a problem with the refs, get certified and ref. If not shut the hell up. If you have issues with team managers, become the team manger yourself. If not shut the hell up. If you don't like a rink, change rinks. When you do go quietly and don't make an ass out of yourself on YHI. If someone left your rink and you hated them, shut up. Don't make stupid comments and make an ass our of yourself on YHI.

Everyone of these people posting should be ashamed. I am embarrassed to call myself a hockey parent. We are talking about 12, 11, 10, 9 and 8 year old kids here. Everyone needs to gain a little perspective. Most of these kids won't play past 13, and once 15 & 16 age hits the players who were just ok catch up to the "superstar" kid at PW & SQ. This is a long journey, stop bitching at each other and enjoy the experience. You are all acting like you are children. Grow the f*ck up!"
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest16618,Guest13123,Guest16555,Guest13371,Guest16457,Guest17621,Guest14684,Guest15026,
Guest11311,Guest16066,Guest12160,Guest16792,Guest14939,Guest10037,Guest11998,Guest16482,
Guest17678,Guest16767,
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted friendly:
Guest16557,Guest10654,Guest14352,Guest15959,
Members reacted heartreaction:
Guest15674,Guest12250,Guest17781,

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

Delaware Hockey Situation (2024-2025 Season)

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 20
Views: 2522
Last post April 16, 2024, 09:47:48 AM
by Guest