Author Topic: Open Letter To The DVHL  (Read 29712 times)

Description:
Open Letter To The DVHL
Topic: March 13, 2019, 11:27:22 AM

This memo, (see attachment) was emailed to Youth Hockey Info this morning with a request that it be posted publicly. The sender advised it was sent to all DVHL teams.

We made several attempts to address the request but are unable to verify the validity or authenticity, the sender  is not responding to our requests.

Take it for what it's worth. If anybody has any proof to verify it's accurate please feel free to respond or CONTACT US directly.

[attachment[/attachment]
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #1:
 March 13, 2019, 11:45:29 AM
Something like this was sent out by the Quakers last year.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #2:
 March 13, 2019, 11:46:53 AM
Is there anyway to verify if this is the same document?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #3:
 March 13, 2019, 11:56:37 AM
I don't even understand what this is trying to say.
How do you allow players to participate in the DVHL if your teams are not part of the DVHL and how were players never rostered?  Can someone please explain?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

James

Reply #4:
 March 13, 2019, 01:08:49 PM
I can answer that one. 3 of their players were illegally rostered on Valley Forge Colonials. They were caught and reported. Initial ruling by DVHL was for the Colonials to forfeit all games played by those players. The decision was appealed to Glen Hefferan and his group. The ruling came back to just forfeiting 2 games and still allowing Colonials into playoffs

The Colonials should have been disqualified in the first place for playing and illegal player.
Also this is not the first time it has been CAUGHT this month.
The JR Flyers girls u16 Tier 1 team had an illegal roster for over 8 months.....when caught they just had to forfeit MAWHA games....which being that the league only lets the Colonials and Jr Flyers in the division......the ruling didn’t mean anything.....coaches should be suspended and the entire club sanctioned. They cant say they don’t know the rules because they put half of them in place to lock players in and sit on the committee that oversees the rules.....
Problem is they also sit and have puppets on the discipline board.

I challenge anyone to prove me wrong.......
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #5:
 March 13, 2019, 01:19:19 PM
I can answer that one. 3 of their players were illegally rostered on Valley Forge Colonials. They were caught and reported. Initial ruling by DVHL was for the Colonials to forfeit all games played by those players. The decision was appealed to Glen Hefferan and his group. The ruling came back to just forfeiting 2 games and still allowing Colonials into playoffs

The Colonials should have been disqualified in the first place for playing and illegal player.
The JR Flyers girls u16 Tier 1 team had an illegal roster for over 8 months.....when caught they just had to forfeit MAWHA games....which being that the league only lets the Colonials and Jr Flyers in the division......the ruling didn’t mean anything.....coaches should be suspended and the entire club sanctioned. They cant say they don’t know the rules because they put half of them in place to lock players in and sit on the committee that oversees the rules.....

The illegal players part. Is that this year or last? And I'm assuming you mean 16u VFC this season? My son's team played them when they had 3 illegal players rostered and lost. One was an unclaimed High School player, another was a player claimed by Jr Flyers and rostered on Team Phila 16AA, (how that's possible I don't know) and another was A American VFC player playing up and was never approved to play. They also had one other player on the ice who nobody could figure out who he was, probably somebody's friend the coach allowed to play. It took 3 months before the DVHL declared their win a forfeit.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #6:
 March 13, 2019, 02:05:27 PM

The illegal players part. Is that this year or last? And I'm assuming you mean 16u VFC this season? My son's team played them when they had 3 illegal players rostered and lost. One was an unclaimed High School player, another was a player claimed by Jr Flyers and rostered on Team Phila 16AA, (how that's possible I don't know) and another was A American VFC player playing up and was never approved to play. They also had one other player on the ice who nobody could figure out who he was, probably somebody's friend the coach allowed to play. It took 3 months before the DVHL declared their win a forfeit.

Wow, was wondering how they lost the points. How come they were allowed in playoffs?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #7:
 March 13, 2019, 02:16:56 PM
Nobody contacted us, we found out by checking the standings with 2 games left in the season. On Friday they were in 2nd place in the league, on Saturday morning they were 6th place in the league and 6pts out of the 5th playoff spot. They didn't make the playoffs. I don't know how the DVHL handled their discipline besides making them forfeit our game and a game against Wintersport. The VFC team was terrible to begin the season and then all of a sudden they were better than everybody else. Wasn't too hard to figure out they were cheating.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #8:
 March 13, 2019, 02:50:48 PM

Let’s add onto what they did at u12AA girls - they had 9 girls double rostered between tier 1 and tier 2. They had a game where the used players not on their USA hockey roster. Their AA played the only tier 1 team in the division and tied them 0-0, meanwhile they beat every AA team by about 10 goals on average. There’s a rule that says if a team can be reviewed by the league if they should be moved up or down a level because of their dominance or struggle. Every team petitioned for them to be moved up to AAA, and the league wouldn’t get back to a single team until the day of playoffs. Their ruling? They told the jr flyers “show good sportsmanship”, and how did they do it? By scoring 11 goals in the championship game. Real good sportsmanship. The league also asked the jr flyers if they’d play AAA for the playoffs and they said no. Why was this even up to them? Of course they’d rather win a championship easily and pad their stats/accolades even more.

I personally have zero respect for that club at boys or girls.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

tree408

Reply #9:
 March 13, 2019, 03:20:45 PM
I can answer that one. 3 of their players were illegally rostered on Valley Forge Colonials.

I'm trying to figure out how that is a Team Philadelphia issue, sounds to me like the Colonials are the ones who should be in trouble with the DVHL. 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

Open Period (Recruiting) — dvhl/ayhl

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 20
Views: 13072
Last post May 11, 2020, 08:42:14 AM
by Guest
Snider Hockey Registration Still Open