Author Topic: EJEPL showcase only 10 players at a time.  (Read 23531 times)

Description:

Reply #30:
 August 12, 2020, 11:04:15 AM
Why should **** get a break? I saw that rink on Livebarn this weekend and it looked like a normal Saturday there. We either all follow this, or none of us, no matter how ridiculous this all is. They made a decision to bend the rules. Decisions have consequences. That is hockey right? That is our current lifestyle now.  If it didn't come out here, it would have come out somewhere else. I want all kids at all organizations to be able to play. So let's do it this way and make it work. The more it works, the more ammunition people have to enforce the changes needed. 

Who?  Line Ice?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #31:
 August 12, 2020, 11:09:02 AM
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #32:
 August 12, 2020, 11:31:34 AM
Apparently there are players, parents and coaches that now tested positive as a result of tournaments in both NH and Conn. 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #33:
 August 12, 2020, 11:44:44 AM
Ok if you are to a point where the people playing the game (the kids) aren't allowed to even watch it (half must be in dressing room and not visible from ice surface) then it's time to cancel it.  Is there seriously a greater risk of kids spread out outside the glass watching their game than their is shoving them into a locker room together?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #34:
 August 12, 2020, 12:01:04 PM
I love the EJ. A great league to have meaningful non-league games.

That being said this is a stupid rule they are forced into because of an arbitrary rule by the governer.

If there is any thought put into it, we are separating kids that are 1. Getting dressed together before and after the game. 2. Are in close contact 2-3 times a week during practice and in locker rooms.

I think the Atlantic district, dvhl, ej, ay should use some of that money they have been raking in over the years to hire a lobbyist. Otherwise postpone the season.

Truly ridiculous.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #35:
 August 12, 2020, 12:30:53 PM
It humors me that the snowflake parents that got participation trophies as kids are triggered over this.  All we have heard is, "Let the kids play!" Henry comes out with a way for the kids to play and its still not good enough because its not exactly what YOU want.   
What happened at the "rink not to be named" in West Chester, PA shouldn't have happened.  John must be thinking that everyone is getting shut down anyway so he is getting his while the getting is good.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #36:
 August 12, 2020, 12:44:22 PM
I don't like the proposed format.  Can't we agree though that this is the best solution to get our kids back on the ice?  Even though it's frustrating we should use this as an opportunity to help our kids understand that sometimes things don't turn out the way you want them too. 

Look, I know that there are a range of opinions on this.  I could go on all day about what I like and don't like about it.  No one is ever going to be 100% happy.  Everyone take a deep breath - it'll be ok.

Now go back and read the first letter of every sentence.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #37:
 August 12, 2020, 12:47:58 PM
Wait.......What ?????   Cmon
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #38:
 August 12, 2020, 12:50:33 PM
Rinks should maybe try to just have in house leagues (middle school type) so at least the kids can play hockey this season.  There would be no need to travel to other rinks and possibly carry anything from one area of the state to another.

The no parents/spectator rule doesn’t come from the CDC or Government, it’s a rink thing. Maybe if we stop signing up for “camp/clinics” for that reason and see how fast that in house rule changes. Like others have said you can go to stores for hours at a time.

As for the ***** rink operating like normal. I knew something was up. Been seeing people post on Facebook their players participating in tournaments (even camps/clinics) with spectators, but haven’t seen the tournaments advertised on the various sites or even the rink website.
What’s probably the most unfair with that is, only those with insider info get to enter in them and play.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #39:
 August 12, 2020, 12:51:24 PM
Who in the hell came up with such an assanine plan?  I have never heard of anything so absolutely ridiculous.  I'm sorry but if I am signing my son to play hockey, then that means that our family has weighed the pros and cons, and have made the choice for him to play.  That's right...for him to play...not sit in a god damn locker room for half of the game while wearing a mask and not being allowed out.  And I am sure as hell not paying just all of the costs and fees for the season, to pay even more money to watch it on Live Barn.  Seriously, who in the hell was stupid enough to think that this is an actual "plan".  Try again guys!!!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

EJEPL Showcase locations

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 8
Views: 12308
Last post June 17, 2019, 03:14:14 PM
by Guest
pros and cons of DVHL vs EJEPL