Author Topic: Open Letter To The DVHL  (Read 29696 times)

Description:

James

Reply #60:
 March 14, 2019, 09:16:30 AM
Your right....your not getting the argument. How many rinks are around? What are others options if all the rates go up?....if a rink owner wants to start their own club.....what happens to the current club?
There is one new rink possibly going up in the near future...2/3 sheets and that will help one other club move out as soon as their extortion offer comes.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

James

Reply #61:
 March 14, 2019, 09:20:29 AM
I don't know this guy that runs IceLine.  However, I don't understand all the complaints.  Every club, despite being labeled non-profit, is a business.  If TP, or any club, charges more than their perceived value, customers will go elsewhere.  He had every right to do what he did to the previous club; it's his business.  Customers will ultimately decide whether it was worth it.  TP had hundreds of kids last year.  DVHL would be foolish not to grant membership.

The focus should be on the DVHL, not TP.  They have their own issues that never get resolved.  That is where the complaints should be focused.  There are no practices in place to police the clubs.  Clubs using illegal players and the only enforcement is by other clubs.  That's the DVHL's job.  We can spend days writing about all the DVHL issues.  That is where the focus should be.

If you think the rule breaking is bad in the DVHL now ........ yeah you really don’t know the “guy from IceLine”
Then you say he had 400 kids....technically he stole 400 kids.....they guy hasn’t built a successful team in years (maybe and exception or 2)
His Tier 1 club had been a joke the past couple years.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #62:
 March 14, 2019, 09:25:08 AM
Another rink? Where now? As if there aren't already enough within 50 square miles? I'm sure I'm missing 1 or some.

BCI - 1 rink
Wintersport - 1 rink
Old York Road - 1 rink
Wissahickon - 1 rink
Revolution Ice Gardens - 2 rinks
Grundy - 2 rinks
Hatfield - 3 rinks
Skatium - 1 rink
Class of 23' - 1 rink
Rizzo Rink - 1 rink
Steel Ice Center - 2 rinks
Bethlehem Municipal - 1 rink
The Rink Whitehall - 1 rink
Oaks Center Ice - 3 rinks
Power Play - 1 rink
Ice Works - 4 rinks
Ice Line - 4 rinks
Springfield Ice Rink - 1 rink
Westtown - 1 rink
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

James

Reply #63:
 March 14, 2019, 09:33:44 AM
Smack dab in the middle of and a little east of Oaks, IceLine and IceWorks ........
There  are a lot of rinks but if you think ...... none of them have a lot of room left.....
It will help protect another club.

As of right now if IceLine IceWorks VFC raise their rates say....$500 more.....where you going ???? Nobody else has much room left

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #64:
 March 14, 2019, 09:35:28 AM
So he’s granted admission with probation for a year…he’ll break the rules just like he always does, one of us will catch him, the DVHL will vote on his ejection from the league, but his buddy Glenn will take care of it in the end. Anyone see a pattern here?? I may start attending the DVHL meetings now and bring my popcorn, sit back and watch, just to tell you all I told you so!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

RESL

Reply #65:
 March 14, 2019, 09:42:20 AM
James you are absolutely correct on all points. It's not about the Quakers and yes Graves is a dishonest, greedy jackass. He never cared for the kids or the sport just what is going into his pocket. I've been on both sides of the fence between TP and Quakers and I can say first hand, it was purely about following the almighty dollar with TP. I was pushed to sign a coaches contract for a Mite volunteer coaching position (which was actually a Tier 1 contract - nice job proof reading the contract John) promised half tuition for my son and had to sign on the spot in March. I won't fault any business man for doing what he/she can do to grow the business, but do it ethically especially when it directly involves our youth. He is going to extend his corruption to the DVHL.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #66:
 March 14, 2019, 09:50:43 AM
Smack dab in the middle of and a little east of Oaks, IceLine and IceWorks ........
There  are a lot of rinks but if you think ...... none of them have a lot of room left.....

As of right now if IceLine IceWorks VFC raise their rates say....$500 more.....where you going ???? Nobody else has much room left

I've heard this rumor as well. I forget the exact location though. While there is a definite need for more ice slots, I don't think there is a need for another club. Unless an existing club moves there, I can't see the DVHL letting in another team in such close vicinity to VFC, TP, Quakers, Hawks, Phantoms and Wiss.

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

James

Reply #67:
 March 14, 2019, 09:51:11 AM
So he’s granted admission with probation for a year…he’ll break the rules just like he always does, one of us will catch him, the DVHL will vote on his ejection from the league, but his buddy Glenn will take care of it in the end. Anyone see a pattern here?? I may start attending the DVHL meetings now and bring my popcorn, sit back and watch, just to tell you all I told you so!

I’m glad you brought John buddy Glen into this!
Does anyone know Glen business? His side Business........he is a rink consultant that maximizes profits of rinks !!!!
Don’t believe me ? Look it up.
How do you think John get away with stuff !!!!! Glen wants Johns model to work so he can promote it to othe rinks.....
He supposedly signed a conflict clause when he became President .......... I’d bet there is fire from this smoke
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #68:
 March 14, 2019, 09:56:57 AM
RESL you got it!!! All these teams that voted him in will find out soon enough, when he does something that now affects their team(s), he’s only in it for one reason...himself!! Mark my words! I have no doubt the Quakers will make their program stronger then ever and there are many other clubs and people that support them. I Wish I had the means to give this club the additional jump start they need to get this program back to where it was before he single handily destroyed it! I’m so glad the DVHL thinks that’s good business.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

James

Reply #69:
 March 14, 2019, 09:57:25 AM

I've heard this rumor as well. I forget the exact location though. While there is a definite need for more ice slots, I don't think there is a need for another club. Unless an existing club moves there, I can't see the DVHL letting in another team in such close vicinity to VFC, TP, Quakers, Hawks, Phantoms and Wiss.

Another club so close ???? TP is about 3 miles from the Quakers.....we all seen how that went.

My prediction though ...... once people get a taste of TP they will look elsewhere. One key place is back to the Quakers.....the Quakers will only be able to handle so many teams......and the over flow will go there......remeber the Quakers used to fill 4 sheets before because of the family first....Quaker for life mentality.... wouldn’t be far fetched.
Or it get snatched up by a current team that will get pushed out.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

Open Period (Recruiting) — dvhl/ayhl

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 20
Views: 13064
Last post May 11, 2020, 08:42:14 AM
by Guest
Snider Hockey Registration Still Open