Author Topic: Black Bear Purchases Royals LLC and Wintersport Closing  (Read 26038 times)

Description:

Reply #50:
 January 31, 2020, 03:17:46 PM
Black Bear - bought rink and Phila Rev team and name last March 2019. Rev Youth was not part of the deal, since they were a independent AAHA tier 2 nonprofit program and not rink owned rink (Poole).

BB sold the EHL JR program, and as reward were given AAHA tier 1 status for Elite program (which had lost all levels about birth year 2004 with departure of JS last year) and were granted DVHL access.

Royals LLC secured BCI for next 3 years, since owner of Wintersport wanted out of rink ownership.

BB purchased Royals LLC and as part of purchase control hockey at BCI for next three years (brilliant move)

Meghan ran Rev Youth to destruction and completed what Vince started with his departure from Revolution several years ago!

Under Meghan, coaching declined and many player and families were made promises never kept! Player arrived and committed to Evaluation for teams and coaches that did not exist!

Her only tier 2 AA team (from Old York Rd) had to fold due to coaching issues, leaving players without being able to play anywhere!

Meghan and company destroyed the joy of hockey for many families!
Jay did you move out of your moms house yet?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #51:
 January 31, 2020, 05:19:11 PM

Under Meghan, coaching declined and many player and families were made promises never kept! Player arrived and committed to Evaluation for teams and coaches that did not exist!

Meghan and company destroyed the joy of hockey for many families!

100% agree with that. Not to mention, hired coaches without obviously doing background checks as one of the teams this year lost their coach early on because he was a convict and is presently serving house arrest...
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #52:
 January 31, 2020, 05:40:34 PM

[/quote]

hired coaches without obviously doing background checks as one of the teams this year lost their coach early on because he was a convict and is presently serving house arrest...
[/quote]

You can't put that on her. Do your homework and I'll be willing to bet you'll be surprised how many felons and convicts are coaching hockey teams in the tri state area.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #53:
 January 31, 2020, 05:54:20 PM

You can't put that on her. Do your homework

I did my homework. One quick google search and a public docket search and I had all the info I needed. Arrest dates, charges, bail, hearing dates. All of it. It’s not rocket science.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #54:
 January 31, 2020, 07:13:30 PM
Ok Vince and Co.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #55:
 January 31, 2020, 09:28:18 PM
She never did any background searches! I heard that last year a coach hit a kid! And another was fired the year before for something similar!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #56:
 January 31, 2020, 09:45:46 PM

You can't put that on her. Do your homework

I did my homework. One quick google search and a public docket search and I had all the info I needed. Arrest dates, charges, bail, hearing dates. All of it. It’s not rocket science.

Right over your head.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #57:
 February 01, 2020, 09:24:46 PM
Is Wintersport closing or are they going to simply make Royals the Tier 2 for Rev playing out of BCI, Wintersport, and Rev Ice Gardens?

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #58:
 February 03, 2020, 04:50:07 AM
Yes Wintersport is closing. BCI and revolution will be the rinks both clubs use. It looks like the revolution wanted access to the dvhl which they were denied for years. Who knows how this is gonna turn out. Honestly my family were planning on leaving the Royals anyway. Just wasn’t what we were looking for in a club.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #59:
 February 03, 2020, 08:10:30 AM
Yes Wintersport is closing. BCI and revolution will be the rinks both clubs use. It looks like the revolution wanted access to the dvhl which they were denied for years. Who knows how this is gonna turn out. Honestly my family were planning on leaving the Royals anyway. Just wasn’t what we were looking for in a club.

It's gonna turn out the same way as Genesis. Combining clubs, a few good teams and the majority of them playing to break even in the DVHL standings. They'll have over 15 teams. It's a far better option for those who don't want to travel up to Hatfield during rush hour twice a week having to deal with the insane amount of traffic. And they're in the DVHL now, no weird independent schedules playing teams in Maryland, New Jersey and New York on a regular basis. It's great for everybody east of 611.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

For-profit hockey rink operator Black Bear sues AHAI

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 4
Views: 10708
Last post November 10, 2023, 01:40:18 PM
by Guest
Black Bear Monopolizing Youth Hockey