Author Topic: Path for National bound teams playing in AHF?  (Read 24190 times)

Description:

Reply #50:
 June 06, 2022, 12:05:37 PM
I'm sure there will be some good competition in 18AA but with so few clubs posting rosters at this point there really is no sense arguing about it.  I think based on what I've seen and been told that TP and Blazers are probably the best in AHF and Quakers / Genesis battling it out in DV.  Can't wait to see what Exton and Delco post, they are usually competitive at the '04/'05 ages.  DE Blue Hens put a team at nationals last year, I think their roster is stronger this year, maybe they'll do something at nationals.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #51:
 June 07, 2022, 08:20:46 AM
I know the AHF is doing reveal party type declaration announcements so we should know soon what their full 18AA competition will look like, when does the DVHL and NJHL announce theirs? 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #52:
 June 07, 2022, 08:23:37 AM
I know the AHF is doing reveal party type declaration announcements so we should know soon what their full 18AA competition will look like, when does the DVHL and NJHL announce theirs? 
A lot of teams have made their AHF declaration announcements and can be found on the AHF twitter page.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #53:
 June 07, 2022, 08:30:54 AM
A lot of teams have made their AHF declaration announcements and can be found on the AHF twitter page.
about 24 teams have announced so far with 11 of them having 18AA.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #54:
 June 07, 2022, 08:56:53 AM
about 24 teams have announced so far with 11 of them having 18AA.
11 teams don't seem like a whole lot at 18AA, how many did the DVHL have last year? Seems like  a good amount at 18A. The 16u divisions will be interesting to see their schedule. Right now it looks like 24 teams at 16A, but it don't say if they are silver or gold so split it in half and say 12 each. 16AA is solid with 19 teams, but 15AA right now is at 7. I saw some clubs have 2 or 3 16AA teams and no 15AA, how is that? Then to have 3 divisions North, Central and south plus half seasons. It will be interesting to say the least. With this said more teams still have not announced yet.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #55:
 June 07, 2022, 12:56:36 PM
AHF has already posted declarations for 23 clubs, with a number of large former DVHL clubs still missing (TP, York, VFC, Wiss, Royals).

There have been a total of 254 individual teams announced.  If these 84 are AA, 127 are A and only 43 are at the B level.

Perhaps when they say they are an Elite Tier II league - what they mean is they really don’t want B level hockey (or at least they are pushing B teams to declare as A silver).  Obviously there are no B divisions for 16U and 18U, but when you look at the younger ages (10U, 12U, 14U) there are still more AA teams than B teams, and twice as many A teams than B.

Some of the club declarations are interesting.  Cap City doesn’t have a single B team.  Blazers only have one.  Ducks and Haverford only two.

Maybe A is the new B, and parents can proudly say that their kid plays AA or A hockey.  I mean does anyone proudly say their kid is on a B team.

Not sure what that says for never/developing players.  Will be interesting to see if more B level players wind up playing for DVHL clubs if there really isn’t a place for them in AHF.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the declarations, but am guessing it will be more of the same.  There is no B - in Atlantic Hockey Federation.

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #56:
 June 07, 2022, 01:51:06 PM
I wonder if the pure AA teams caused some of the lack of B teams. Move enough A kids up to make a pure AA meaning you'd have to move B players to A to fill that roster, the trickle down effect.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #57:
 June 07, 2022, 01:51:23 PM
TP, York, VFC, Wiss, Royals

They never advertise the rosters.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #58:
 June 07, 2022, 03:06:28 PM
TP was one of the first to post their rosters after evals, VFC are out there too.  Just because they didn't declare at levels on the AHF site doesn't mean their rosters are available. 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #59:
 June 07, 2022, 03:52:27 PM
AHF website seems to have the teams in the divisions already.  Not sure if it is accurate though...18AA lists 17 teams but only 6 in PA.

Atlantic Hockey Federation - Standings
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase: