Author Topic: tier !  (Read 19613 times)

Description:

Reply #110:
 March 26, 2022, 11:37:35 AM
Yes, there are too many AAA teams in the Atlantic District area.  AAA is supposed be for the best of the best kids…the kids that are potentially going somewhere.  It’s diluting the Tier 2 clubs as parents who think they’re kid is the next best thing races up the ladder.  Truly, I’ve seen a few kids in my time that really stood out.  But many parents I see seem to think their kid always belongs on the AA team.  Truthfully, their kid isn’t as good as they think he is.  Scoring 30 goals as a second year B National player doesn’t mean you should be in AA as a first year in the next age bracket.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
Guest12943,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #111:
 March 26, 2022, 04:16:47 PM
It seems like you just agreed with the point of the discussion that there are too many AAA teams in the area. This waters down not only AAA but AA and A. Teams should not continue at AAA when they win only a few league games year after year and routinely loses 90% of their non-league games.

I DO agree that there are too many AAA teams. It’s the AAA parents are sensitive portion I have a problem with. Admittedly, I’m new to the hockey landscape. My son started playing by his choice 5 years ago and it’s his absolute favorite thing to do or watch. He’s been a full ice mite and a AAA Squirt. He plays on one of the better AAA teams in area and has shown real potential (held his own at Brick tryouts and made it past 1st cuts). But outside of this area they are not as competitive because the areas best kids are spread out among so many teams. Chicago area has, what, 3 (?) AAA level teams? Detroit metro maybe 5?  Local teams would be just as competitive if there were fewer teams where the better kids aren’t spread so thin.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted heartreaction:
Guest18227,

Reply #112:
 March 27, 2022, 02:32:45 AM
There’s also to many kids that can’t skate or shoot on A teams. They’re holding some teams back, from being AA teams.

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
Guest18388,Guest16393,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #113:
 March 27, 2022, 03:00:09 PM
Chicago has the reapers, mission, windy city storm, fury, team Illinois and is also commutable to Milwaukee which has at least one AAA team.  If you lived far enough south, there are a bunch of Indianapolis teams that would also be an option.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #114:
 March 28, 2022, 01:07:37 PM
There’s also to many kids that can’t skate or shoot on A teams. They’re holding some teams back, from being AA teams.

There are also many teams in AAA that should be playing AA or A. Look at 2011 FE last year. Not one of those players was AAA level. Some could not even make AA this year. The point is that only the best of the best should be AAA. Everyone else should be Tier II at whatever level they make. This will make youth hockey better and allow the AA players to get better and maybe catch up to AAA players. Also there should be more house or light travel teams to get these kids to improve their skating and skills. I moved here 5 years ago from New England and I can tell you NJ and PA have a long way to go in producing better players. 75% of the AAA teams in NJ & PA could not compete with NE teams. That is a fact!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #115:
 March 28, 2022, 01:26:02 PM
Yes, there are too many AAA teams in the Atlantic District area.  AAA is supposed be for the best of the best kids…the kids that are potentially going somewhere.  It’s diluting the Tier 2 clubs as parents who think they’re kid is the next best thing races up the ladder.  Truly, I’ve seen a few kids in my time that really stood out.  But many parents I see seem to think their kid always belongs on the AA team.  Truthfully, their kid isn’t as good as they think he is.  Scoring 30 goals as a second year B National player doesn’t mean you should be in AA as a first year in the next age bracket.

Definitely too many teams, but no one is going to give up their T1 status so we're stuck with them. What bothers me as much as the number of teams is the AYHL having different levels within the divisions. If you are supposed to be the best of the best, then there shouldn't be National/American or Elite/Premier, whatever names they are using. If you can't compete, you aren't T1. It is an endless loop that goes back to being too many teams > not enough talent to fill those teams> lesser teams can't compete with the good teams> we need more divisions to separate the teams. Round and round it goes.

Another rule. Clubs should not be allowed to field more than 1 team at an age group. I get the original idea for National/American at U16 was supposed to mainly keep the birth years together before we had Pure 15. Your National team was mainly 16s and maybe a few 15s who were good enough, then American was the 15s that are going to be the National team next year. Now, these American teams are just a money grab. How often is a 15 who makes the American moving up to National the next year? They aren't because all the good 15s are playing the on the U15 team.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest11955,
Members reacted dislike:
Guest10253,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

Hollydell 2018 tier 1 status? Is this happening?

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 0
Views: 8482
Last post May 14, 2018, 09:09:33 AM
by Youth Hockey Info
Educate me on Tier 1 Programs

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 5
Views: 6944
Last post November 21, 2018, 07:46:23 AM
by Guest
Tier 1 vs Tier ll Hockey A to Z - More Bang For the Buck?

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 19
Views: 35478
Last post June 29, 2020, 08:41:10 AM
by Guest
Revolution Youth Tier II

Started by RevolutionBoard Youth Hockey Info Center

Replies: 0
Views: 9135
Last post March 06, 2019, 12:36:45 PM
by Revolution
Revolution Youth Tier ll NEW PRICING!