Author Topic: Fortnite scourge solved!  (Read 5346 times)

Description:
Fortnite scourge solved!
Topic: July 12, 2018, 12:27:51 PM
Take the console controllers away and direct the kids to shoot pucks, stick handle, skate or do some form of athletic activity(s). Do not give the controllers back until they've completed their activity each time, 2x's a day.

Thankfully our boys willingly go out to shoot pucks when told. We know others who it's not so easy to get their kids to do it.

If you're a parent who doesn't work from home, have the kids record their shooting on their phone to prove they've done it.

We track our boys shots on Hockeyshare.com
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #1:
 July 12, 2018, 01:39:21 PM
omg this is so funny. We have in fact been doing this, my husband tried paying our son to do chores but he didn't want the money. He skates around stick handling and shooting for an hour and then gets the controller back. Once in the morning and once in the evening. Great minds think a like!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #2:
 July 12, 2018, 04:41:51 PM
The struggle is real, everybody in this house plays that stinkin game including my husband. You think it's tough getting the kids to do something?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #3:
 July 13, 2018, 07:49:55 AM
Struggle is an understatement, you'd think it's the end of the world with the way our kids act when we tell them to shut it down. This is a great idea, it's crazy to think when we were younger being told we couldn't go outside was like the end of the world.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #4:
 July 13, 2018, 10:52:42 AM
I absolutely hate this game I feel like it's brainwashing my kids mind. If he's not playing it he's watching somebody else play on youtube. I agree on getting these kids outside and am going to have him shoot. Wish me luck!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bluedevils_88

Reply #5:
 July 13, 2018, 03:07:40 PM
I absolutely hate this game I feel like it's brainwashing my kids mind. If he's not playing it he's watching somebody else play on youtube. I agree on getting these kids outside and am going to have him shoot. Wish me luck!
Here we thought our kids and their teammates and friends were the only only ones who can't seem to get unglued from the xbox. I guess it's no different than the minecraft craziness. They'll move onto something else unfortunately, it seems these games run their course before the next rage in online gaming then they all switch to that.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WCVipers05

Reply #6:
 July 16, 2018, 12:50:36 PM
We chose an alternative route a little bit more extreme but it's the only option we had to get the kids outside and active. The xbox is off for the summer they can have it back during the school year when there's practically no time at all to use it. It's worked out well and the complaining only lasted a little over a week initially.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

Fortnite: A Pro Hockey Problem Too

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 2
Views: 7623
Last post March 18, 2019, 10:55:14 AM
by Youth Hockey Info