Author Topic: AAA Solution?  (Read 12592 times)

Description:

Reply #10:
 February 01, 2020, 08:31:20 PM
Tier 1 is a huge money grab by organizations.  The people that run that are doing very well!

Yes it is expensive and to some organizations it is a money grab, but please list which rink owner that you think is just grabbing $$$ and is living the dream. I see pretty much every rink owner working their asses off at the rink long hours. I don’t see many if any loaded with cash, enough to ever hire a replacement so they don’t have to work hard. Pretty much everything at a rink has to replaced every 20 years and start over. That why so many rinks are a dump. Not enough cash live a financially great life and still save emu to put back into the rink.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #11:
 February 01, 2020, 08:35:49 PM
You forgot that youth travel hockey is all about $$$$$$$$ like every other travel sport.  Solution is to model Minnesota HS Hockey to the Atlantic District. Will never happen though as to many bigwigs would lose $$$$$$$
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #12:
 February 01, 2020, 08:50:27 PM
The larger majority of tierll clubs are not rink owners. Yet they run their club the same way tier1's do. They call themselves 5013c non profits but they keep all of the profitable income in house and suck the money out of their membership. What rink overhead are they paying for beside ice times? The biggest tax fraud operation that get's totally ignored by the IRS.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest19498,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #13:
 February 01, 2020, 09:18:17 PM
I have kids in Tier 1 and Tier 2 and think your idea is great. Of course the ability to make it happen is hard but it doesn't mean you aren't right. Most of what I've seen of the area Tier 1 teams is that they should be AA.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #14:
 February 01, 2020, 09:31:24 PM
If your kids team is ranked 31+ its tier 2 with a tier 1 price tag. Call it anything you want.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #15:
 February 01, 2020, 10:12:17 PM
So AA would be T2? And A and B teams would be T3?   Our kids my not be T1 (AAA) level players but they’re definitely not beginners (been playing for some years now).  Would there be different conferences in each age group?   Some organizations have 2 B teams and 2 A teams in the same age group.   Otherwise you’d end up with about 70 teams in each group (that would great for those who want a long season).  Just something to ponder.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AAAGuy

Reply #16:
 February 01, 2020, 10:52:47 PM
No more letters.  Tier 2 would be what high level tier 2 should be; the kids that can't make a true T1 team, but still have to develop and work hard in the sport they love.

Tier 3 would be beginner travel players and players that are not that skilled, or don't want to put the extra work in, just playing travel for pure fun.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #17:
 February 02, 2020, 09:34:43 AM
Sounds like a reasonable plan to me. The general consensus is that something needs to be done.  This isn’t just about tier 1.  Tier 2 suffers because “decent” players are bumped to tier 1 teams, causing tier 2 to have lesser quality at the AA and A levels.  Palmyra is a good example.  It went from a pretty good organization to less than 2 years to near the bottom across the board.  Egos of those in charge trump the better good of kids. Unfortunately it’s the same story at many clubs.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #18:
 February 02, 2020, 10:03:26 AM
I'm interested in the AAHA suggestion. How is this run by the district without the clubs having ownership? Isn't the reason for having ownership money? Keep in mind it would be Hefferman running the show. I don't think anybody really wants him handling anything considering the mess he's allowed to get out of control at every level as is.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AAAGuy

Reply #19:
 February 02, 2020, 11:51:32 AM
No club ownership at Tier 1.  Take $ and politics out of it... as much as humanly possible.

The district hires the 4 coaches at each birthyear.  They hire them just like they would with the peewee Quebec teams.

Isn't the reason for having ownership money? Yes, but now their $ can be made by "the masses" all playing tier 2 and tier 3.  That doesn't mean clubs can't hold tier 1 spring and summer teams and camps, etc...

You can say whatever you want regarding Hefferan running the show. Somebody has to do it.  And these decisions are made by a committee not 1 person.

I know none of this will probably ever happen, but who would've ever thought 20 or 30 years ago we'd have cross ice mites and NHL teams doing similar things? Blue pucks, mini nets, rotating goalies at mites, $900 skates, and close to 15 Tier 1 clubs in 1 district!!!

Major Change Is Needed!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase: