Forum > General Youth Hockey Info

First State Ice Hockey

<< < (3/4) > >>

Guest:
I find it interesting that one of the people in the new organization is currently employed by the patriot center. I wonder if this is the first step in flipping that rink to a rink-owned organization. Similar to what Team Phila did to the Quakers.

Guest:

--- Quote from: Guest on January 08, 2020, 09:02:24 PM ---I find it interesting that one of the people in the new organization is currently employed by the patriot center. I wonder if this is the first step in flipping that rink to a rink-owned organization. Similar to what Team Phila did to the Quakers.

--- End quote ---

I don't know. I think the rink would have to go all-in on that decision and advertise that way. This looks like a pretty mediocre attempt at starting a new club. I don't see anything at the moment to make you want to pick them over the Ducks or JBHs.
Since some of these guys work there, maybe they know that the rink doesn't have plans to start their own club and figured they would try this?

Guest:
First State Hockey is a Tinker Toy Program...  Not even going to get off the ground.  Anyone with any knowledge of the clowns involved, see right through it all.  The best thing that could happen is to not give this idea of theirs any clout and let them fade quietly into the night!

Seriously though, when the Hens and Ducks were having discussions of merging last year, that would have been the best thing for hockey in DE.  Unfortunately, the attempts made here by First State Hockey are terribly misguided and cloaked in darkness.  Had there been transparency from the start, it just may have garnered some favorable interest.  Truth be told, they basically have gone to the existing DE clubs and told them how horribly they have been operating and that these four geniuses think they should be the architects of change. 

End of the day, the DVHL is not going to award them a charter and highly doubt that the District will accept their "independent" application.  THEY HAVE NO ICE TO SKATE ON!

Guest:
So, how do you really feel about FSH?  Given the pathetic state of hockey in Delaware I would have thought any new initiative would be welcome. Unless, of course, you are part of the problem....

Guest:
I'm thinking something more like this Philadelphia Independence. An angry group of fathers who formed their own independent club which they advertise as tier 1 level Philadelphia Independence

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version