Forum > General Youth Hockey Info

Player far and above superior

<< < (2/5) > >>

Guest:
The sad part is he's not kidding. How pathetic.

Guest:
Please tell me this post isn’t serious?

Guest:
First off, While it is a club sport, our school still recognizes it as a school sport and kids have to follow rules like all other sports- meet certain grade levels, can't play if you miss school because of sickness. They also get varsity letters, have pictures in the yearbook, all the trophies are kept at school, etc.

Honestly, there's nothing you can do in the situation. You can fault the kid for being too good. My only concern would be, if he is that good and being "looked at", is playing HS hockey worth it from an injury perspective? Like you said, skill level is all over the place. I would be afraid of getting my knee taken out by some bender.

Also, is this a PA or NJ school? Thought I had a decent read on the PA teams so trying to figure out who this is.

Guest:
IMO its asinine of the parents to have the kid play 5-6 games (not even enough to qualify for play offs), and risk injury, in a game where they gain nothing (or even lose) playwise and look like a d-bag when they aren't.  You don't see D1 kids playing beer league.  If there are any good reasons, I don't see them.  When I see it it always makes me want to laugh because it reminds me of the South Park episode where they play the Red Wings

BTW- for some of the responders, there are places where the school team is "school' in name only.  No letter, no yearbook, no connection to the school whatsoever.  Schools in non-hockey areas don't want to incur the expense of a program so the county or Parish runs it. 

Guest:
This can't be sout eastern pa high school hockey. Shshl and icshl follow the piaa standards.

PIAA - Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version