Author Topic: Childish move by the DVHL  (Read 8630 times)

Description:

Reply #20:
 March 15, 2022, 09:46:39 AM
So being that I'm not familiar with the DVHL or its teams can you answer me this. Which Hatfield team is better the Ice Hawks, Genesis or should I look for another in house C team that does 10-15 non league games and 2 tournaments like he was on and continue to just do scholastic. He'd like to get into travel but I don't know what would be best for my peewee, his coach said he is easily a 2nd line B player maybe 4th line on low A. The rink he is with is going AHF and are unsure if they will have a house team again. Most his teammates are going into travel with AHF. I know PA teams are cheaper than NJ teams but I'm just sure.
  Thanks

Genesis is travel, Ice Hawks are light travel.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #21:
 March 15, 2022, 01:46:34 PM
"Genesis is travel, Ice Hawks are light travel."

So what you are saying is the ice hawks are like a house team and that to get him into a real travel genesis would be the option. Is there a lite travel division? How many teams are in lite travel? Do have to play full travel teams, if so aren't they serious underdogs? He only played other house teams before and once in a while a scholastic team or a bottom team in low B division. Sorry I really am not familiar with this. We actually just moved to Jersey at the start of this school year and things here are different than North Dakota.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #22:
 March 15, 2022, 04:04:55 PM
I don't 100% know how the Ice Hawks operate but their "light travel" team is B American division. They are typical of B American teams in that they have a few players that are decent or good and the rest that are new or not ready for full competition.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #23:
 March 16, 2022, 12:53:07 AM
I don't 100% know how the Ice Hawks operate but their "light travel" team is B American division. They are typical of B American teams in that they have a few players that are decent or good and the rest that are new or not ready for full competition.

B American is the highest level a light travel team can compete at.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #24:
 March 16, 2022, 07:59:46 AM

B American is the highest level a light travel team can compete at.
I guess The LV Rebels broke the mold of a few good players at B American. I remember a few yrs back they played A American at the bantam level. Is lite travel the same as an associate member? if so an associate can play higher. the following is in the DVHL bylaws -  All rink owned and operated in-house programs who are only allowed participation in the Mite(6U & (8U), A American, B National & B American divisions (10U – 16U) and A American or Combo divisions (18U) will be considered Associate Members.
 My advice would be go Ice Hawks for a yr and see if travel works for you guys. Lite travel fees are lower, less ice time(practices) but still getting a taste of travel. After the yr if it works for you look into Genesis or the club he was doing inhouse with in the AHF. How is North Dakota different?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #25:
 March 16, 2022, 09:47:57 AM
Icehawks’ events, practices and games, are on weekends.  Very few, if any, ice touches during the week.  Genesis will have 1 to 2 practices during the week, depending upon the age.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #26:
 March 16, 2022, 10:19:54 AM
If you're living in Jersey why the heck are you looking at teams in Montgomery county PA to try and save a buck, won't you lose on travel to the rink alone?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest12400,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #27:
 March 16, 2022, 10:27:39 AM
Thank you for the info and great suggestion on the Ice Hawks. I think that is what we will lean toward for this coming year, then reevaluate for the year after. To answer your question on difference is in North Dakota we was a 4th line skater in middle school, they have 2 middle school teams and would more than likely got cut at JV because they go down to one team. Travel comes second to scholastic and tier 2 is for the kids that don't make scholastic or tier 1.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #28:
 March 16, 2022, 10:43:53 AM
Thank you for the info and great suggestion on the Ice Hawks. I think that is what we will lean toward for this coming year, then reevaluate for the year after. To answer your question on difference is in North Dakota we was a 4th line skater in middle school, they have 2 middle school teams and would more than likely got cut at JV because they go down to one team. Travel comes second to scholastic and tier 2 is for the kids that don't make scholastic or tier 1.
I should of mentioned he went to a prep school were most his games were against Minn. schools. My hope is he improves enough that when my work contract expires in 3 yrs and we go back he can make the school team.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #29:
 March 18, 2022, 12:14:21 PM
If you're living in Jersey why the heck are you looking at teams in Montgomery county PA to try and save a buck, won't you lose on travel to the rink alone?
Hatfield is about a 40 min drive from my house, the inhouse club he played in was about 30 a 30 min drive
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase: