Author Topic: People who club hop every year...why do you do it?  (Read 12308 times)

Description:

Reply #20:
 May 26, 2022, 02:43:08 PM
No distance is too far for their son. he is the next Connor McDavid! They will all be millionaires in 2 years!

People are crazy!!!!!!!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #21:
 May 31, 2022, 02:41:18 PM
Seems there is a lot more club hoping since BB came on the SJ scene. So much change over year to year at BB rinks it is hard not to keep jumping. Hollydell cleared out coaches in 2018, 2019, 2020 & 2021 and everything revolves around Venom & PHC. Voorhees rink director is great coach, but only cares about players that can help his sons, plus they are not great at teaching skating. Pennsauken is a total mess, no 11-13 FE & only AAA. AC is no longer BB, only 1 sheet and too far. Mercer is more Central, but only AAA. Igloo lost hockey director this spring, multiple coaches from last year and now has ex-Hollydell coaches, who all left Pennsauken.  Some players from these rinks went to Aston, Mercer & Revolution to play AAA. Another group moved to Igloo to follow Pennsauken coaches, which caused last year Igloo kids to go to Revolution. Voorhees lost best 2011 players to AAA. Hollydell kids keep fleeing to other rinks due to bad culture. SJ is a mess and seems to be only getting worse! I blame all of this on Hollydell getting Venom and BB!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #22:
 June 01, 2022, 02:08:42 PM
I agree about Hollydell & BB being at fault. You also can put blame on all rinks and the parent coaches. For the kind of money being spent on hockey there should be hired coaches with parent assistants. No parent coach should be in charge of a team. It causes issues and then people club hop. Other elite sports are doing away with parent coaches and hockey should follow.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #23:
 June 13, 2022, 03:45:49 PM
He's a 2008. 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #24:
 June 13, 2022, 03:54:58 PM
My son is definitely not a McDavid and I have never considered him elite.  If that was the case he would be on a legit AAA team.  He puts in the hard work and in return I provide him the resources to succeed.  His goal in hockey is to possibly put himself in a position to maybe play college above a club level and beer league after that.  when you live in the mid-atlantic sometimes you have to travel.  It's a common thing where we live.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #25:
 June 13, 2022, 05:16:39 PM
My son is definitely not a McDavid and I have never considered him elite.  If that was the case he would be on a legit AAA team.  He puts in the hard work and in return I provide him the resources to succeed.  His goal in hockey is to possibly put himself in a position to maybe play college above a club level and beer league after that.  when you live in the mid-atlantic sometimes you have to travel.  It's a common thing where we live.

Good for you! If you can afford it then why not give your kid the best. I have 3 kids in hockey. My middle kid is best right now, but I pay for all the same training and teams. If they want to play AAA if would pay for it, but it is up to them. All 3 of their goals are to play in college. Is it realistic, I am not sure. I am just happy I have enough money to pay for all 3 now and still put enough away for college. I am not banking on a scholarship. I just want them to have fun and love what they do. I am not one of the parents that freaks out about bad games. I only ask them to pay attention, work hard and have fun. If they do that then I am happy and so are they!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest12748,
Members reacted dislike:
Guest15337,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

AYHL Landscape With People Out Of Work

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 5
Views: 4300
Last post June 29, 2020, 01:41:56 PM
by Guest