Author Topic: New THF Tier 1 league  (Read 25326 times)

Description:

Reply #20:
 May 24, 2022, 11:50:03 AM
I don't have a horse in the 2011 race, but here we go again with the "I'm smarter than you and my kid will never play AAA hockey until Bantam" topic.  Somehow that makes it's way into the conversation much more often than 2011s, 2012s, PHC, 14UA DVHL hats, etc.  Get over yourself!  It's a Tier 1 League topic, what do you expect people to be talking about in this thread?!?!?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #21:
 May 24, 2022, 12:22:15 PM
and everyone knows AAAA Tier 1+ double ice mite hockey is where it's at, if you're not doing that than don't bother me with your bantam hockey stuff.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #22:
 May 24, 2022, 12:32:42 PM
I don't have a horse in the 2011 race, but here we go again with the "I'm smarter than you and my kid will never play AAA hockey until Bantam" topic.  Somehow that makes it's way into the conversation much more often than 2011s, 2012s, PHC, 14UA DVHL hats, etc.  Get over yourself!  It's a Tier 1 League topic, what do you expect people to be talking about in this thread?!?!?
Good one😂😂😂, just about every topic on here, not just the tier 1 threads turns into a 2011 pissing battle
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #23:
 May 24, 2022, 01:52:11 PM
The only issue with the analysis is that PHC 2011 & 2012 are going to dominate AYHL. They are 2 of the best teams in the county with PHC 2011 every better this year. I do not have a horse in the race either as my kid is AA Squirt. This is not a pissing contest about PHC. It is just respect that those 2 teams are awesome and have kids from all over the region on those teams. As far as the other teams in AYHL at these ages they are top heavy with lower teams pretty bad. Mercer at these 2 ages are terrible & Flyers Elite is not even fielding teams. Again the lower AAA teams at Pee Wee/Squirt are weak. These ages are tough as a lot of families don't play AAA. AA at 2011 age is loaded, 2012 OK, 2013 ok. Mite 2014 not great. Do not know a lot about older ages as my kid a 2nd year Squirt. To me this is all a ridiculous argument because the kids below bantam are so young. A great player may go through a growth spurt and lose some coordination, while other get more coordinated. Teams change too as teams can bring in up to 4 new players per year and the best players change. This happened at 2011 PHC. I think we should just let the season play out and have fun!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #24:
 May 24, 2022, 03:07:44 PM
The only issue with the analysis is that PHC 2011 & 2012 are going to dominate AYHL. They are 2 of the best teams in the county with PHC 2011 every better this year. I do not have a horse in the race either as my kid is AA Squirt. This is not a pissing contest about PHC. It is just respect that those 2 teams are awesome and have kids from all over the region on those teams. As far as the other teams in AYHL at these ages they are top heavy with lower teams pretty bad. Mercer at these 2 ages are terrible & Flyers Elite is not even fielding teams. Again the lower AAA teams at Pee Wee/Squirt are weak. These ages are tough as a lot of families don't play AAA. AA at 2011 age is loaded, 2012 OK, 2013 ok. Mite 2014 not great. Do not know a lot about older ages as my kid a 2nd year Squirt. To me this is all a ridiculous argument because the kids below bantam are so young. A great player may go through a growth spurt and lose some coordination, while other get more coordinated. Teams change too as teams can bring in up to 4 new players per year and the best players change. This happened at 2011 PHC. I think we should just let the season play out and have fun!

Mercer is not a bad team at 2011.  In fact, they were an AYHL playoff team and ranked #26 on MHR last season. 

Also, there is a 2 player transfer rule from Tier 1 to Tier 1 (4 players from Tier 2 to Tier 1).  This is not how PHC was built.  Instead 9-10 players from Flyers Elite left with the coach to go to PHC and refused to sign with Flyers Elite even though they all were offered contracts despite never showing up to tryouts.  A deal was struck between the owners of Flyers Elite (BB) and PHC where 7 players were allowed to make the move over, even though it violated the player transfer rule. 

PHC at 2011 is very good and will continue to be one of the top teams nationally. 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #25:
 May 24, 2022, 03:37:31 PM
There's more drama with 10 and 11 year olds moving between two small time leagues on the east coast than there is with thumb sucking NHL millionaires with NMC's and NTC's. Which is worse, the NHL babies or the baby parents whining about their almost baby kids.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #26:
 May 24, 2022, 03:46:03 PM
PHC at 2011 is very good and will continue to be one of the top teams nationally. 
The 2005 Little Flyers were the #1 team in the nation Squirts through PW, coach moved the program from Aston to Hollydell and PHC was "born".  How is the 18U PHC team looking this coming season, how were their 16U team last year, still #1 in the nation?  Of course not, it's a joke, players move on to other orgs, other kids and teams catch up, so enough with these 11 y/o kids are going to continue to be one of the top teams nationally.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #27:
 May 24, 2022, 11:05:15 PM
Puberty hits and everyone starts over. Can't tell if a kid will be good until 16 or older! Now que the parents of young AAA players insisting puberty means nothing and their prescious child will make the NHL. You people are nuts arguing over 9-12 year olds. GET A LIFE!!
All roads lead to beer league!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #28:
 May 24, 2022, 11:27:46 PM
PAL, MassConn, Rockets, TM all very strong at 2009; 2010 THF is way better - not close.  2011, AYHL is better 2012 they are even.  The leagues are comparable except at Midget.  At Midget it isn't even close.  Rockets, Mercer, FE, Esmark, Team Maryland - way more depth in THF.  Only good midgets are Jr. Flyers in AYHL.  After that, nothing left. Avs are a shell.  LF good at 18, maybe.  who else?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #29:
 May 25, 2022, 11:13:15 AM
Puberty hits and everyone starts over. Can't tell if a kid will be good until 16 or older! Now que the parents of young AAA players insisting puberty means nothing and their prescious child will make the NHL. You people are nuts arguing over 9-12 year olds. GET A LIFE!!
All roads lead to beer league!

I saw a video from a high level British soccer coach who said, "there is no such thing as an elite 11 year old".

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

Hollydell 2018 tier 1 status? Is this happening?

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 0
Views: 8488
Last post May 14, 2018, 09:09:33 AM
by Youth Hockey Info
Metro Elite League

Started by GuestBoard Youth Hockey Info Center

Replies: 3
Views: 4962
Last post May 16, 2018, 08:19:06 AM
by Guest
Educate me on Tier 1 Programs

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 5
Views: 6956
Last post November 21, 2018, 07:46:23 AM
by Guest
Tier 1 vs Tier ll Hockey A to Z - More Bang For the Buck?

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 19
Views: 35499
Last post June 29, 2020, 08:41:10 AM
by Guest
Revolution Youth Tier II

Started by RevolutionBoard Youth Hockey Info Center

Replies: 0
Views: 9142
Last post March 06, 2019, 12:36:45 PM
by Revolution