Author Topic: DVHL KERFUFFLE OVER 14UA CHAMPIONSHIP  (Read 7793 times)

Description:

DVHL KERFUFFLE OVER 14UA CHAMPIONSHIP
Topic: May 19, 2022, 10:28:15 AM
Is anyone following the DVHL Discussion Group on FaceBook nonsense?

One lady (who claims that she isn't even a mom on the team) posted a picture of a cake with the word "The Real DVHL A Champions" and a picture of the PBK logo.

PBK comes off very petty.....
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #1:
 May 19, 2022, 11:02:33 AM
From what I gather on the FB fight - PBK finished in first place in the regular season and received a bye into Districts or Nationals (not sure exactly).

Snyder won the resulting playoffs and earned their ticket to Districts or Nationals (not sure exactly).

Snyder was given the wrong banner and wrong color hats.  OMG - the horror.   The banner was given back to PBK right away. 

Snyder families posted pictures. 

PBK is mortally offended by being given the wrong color hats and the banner being in temporary custody of Snyder Hockey.

PBK has rectified the situation by baking a cake and posting on FB.

The universe is stable again.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #2:
 May 19, 2022, 11:04:41 AM
I heard about it but they blocked me for stating that the DVHL teams are allowed to post for players needed on the AHF page but AHF teams post are deleted for doing the same, Why? It sounds like the DVHL made a honest mistake and it blew out of proportion from there. I recall people crying about it right after the mistake was made on the fanpage before my exile. I'm surprised that the DVHL fanpage don't block and delete the post since PBK went AHF
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #3:
 May 19, 2022, 11:16:08 AM
I said it in the other DVHL post that the kids don't know the meaning of the colors and the hats are meaningless. We have 2 boys who made the post season 3 times and they only wore the hats for the five minute photo op and ride home. Never again they don't care about the hats it's the parents who do because they think it's some sort of merit badge. Our kids haven't made it to the playoffs for the past two years and still don't care about the hats LOL.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #4:
 May 19, 2022, 11:34:24 AM
I'm confused because I thought VFC won 14U American?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #5:
 May 19, 2022, 11:40:07 AM
I'm confused because I thought VFC won 14U American?

The pissing contest is over 14A National
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #6:
 May 19, 2022, 11:53:47 AM
I said it in the other DVHL post that the kids don't know the meaning of the colors and the hats are meaningless. We have 2 boys who made the post season 3 times and they only wore the hats for the five minute photo op and ride home. Never again they don't care about the hats it's the parents who do because they think it's some sort of merit badge. Our kids haven't made it to the playoffs for the past two years and still don't care about the hats LOL.
My son played in a tournament that gave a hat and banner to the champion, a cheaply made hat that had just the tournament name, no year or level. His teammate wasn't happy and had a medal made for his teammates. That meant so much more to my kid the championship hat that is now lost did, yrs later he still talks about that medal.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #7:
 May 19, 2022, 12:03:42 PM
My kid has a stack of tourney and DVHL hats along with a shelf of trophies and medals, I think they'll all be trash next year when he leave for college, the experience matters, not the cheap trinkets after the game.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #8:
 May 19, 2022, 12:18:13 PM
The DVHL comes off a somewhat incompetent for handing out wrong banners. 

And the DVHL playoff system is "klunky". Their playoffs were NOT for the championship of the League.  Playoffs were for second and third place to make it TO districts.   

The confusion is almost built in.  But I guess everybody just knows this?  It seems like this would be a common complaint year after year.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #9:
 May 19, 2022, 12:18:50 PM
Impressive, must be on a good player on a  good team. My son on the other hand has only that 1 tournament championship and that's because our goalie, who was solid all year for use decided to stand on his head and played lights out giving up like 4 goals in 4 games. My son framed the medal his teammate had made. In 8yrs of travel hockey that is the only championship he was in, most times not even that close. I guess the more you win the more meaningless they become.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

pros and cons of DVHL vs EJEPL

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 22
Views: 15168
Last post March 18, 2019, 01:44:21 PM
by Guest
2019 DVHL Applications