Author Topic: New to area  (Read 2715 times)

Description:

New to area
Topic: August 31, 2018, 08:12:57 PM
Son is 2009 and played A last year in the CBHL.  Looking for an A / AA Squirt team and narrowed it down to the following teams in my driving distance.  Coaching/ player development, NOT WINS, is my priority for choosing a team.  Any recommendations or warnings?

Del Ducks
Del JR Blue Hens
Delco Phantoms
Team Philadelphia

Heard great things about hollydell hurricanes so if I should travel an extra 30mins please let me know your thoughts
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #1:
 August 31, 2018, 08:40:46 PM
Phantoms have a great program with excellent coaching. Which isn't to say the other clubs don't. I'm more familiar with the Phantoms based on geographical location and demographics.

Knowing which team/level he played in the Chesapeake would also be helpful. In the DVHL depending how many players there are too pull from there could be an A National, A American or B National team  in conjunction with AA. Hierarchy with respect to strength is as such. Phantoms normally have a huge number of kids and often have around 4 and sometimes 5 PW and Bantam teams.

AA
A Nat
A Amer
B Nat
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #2:
 September 01, 2018, 04:15:25 PM
Thank you. Are most of the coaches at the mite squirt level all volunteer parent coaches? Seems like I cant pay enough to stay away from parent coaches.

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #3:
 September 01, 2018, 04:59:37 PM
Thank you. Are most of the coaches at the mite squirt level all volunteer parent coaches? Seems like I cant pay enough to stay away from parent coaches.

You won't really find many, if any teams who don't have parents coaching at mite/squirt level. Some clubs have tenured non-parent coaches at pee wee. You won't begin to see tenured non-parent coaches until bantam with many clubs. All of those clubs I believe are volunteer parents at mite and squirt.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #4:
 September 01, 2018, 07:43:59 PM
I've never seen any team with dedicated non volunteer coaches at mite and squirt.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase: