Author Topic: AHF April 30-May 1 Parity Tournament  (Read 11789 times)

Description:

Reply #20:
 May 02, 2022, 07:18:58 AM
How did those that did the parity go? I felt ours in Pennsauken went well. They fell a little behind but not as bad as most tournaments we've been to. The teams look pretty even, the question will be who held back? I know from playing Team Philly in the past they are much better than what they showed.
If you're talking the 16's it's hard to sandbag when you're fielding two AA teams, 1 Gold, and 1 Silver.  Last year their 16's were good too and did the same, two AA's, 2 @ gold, and 1 @ silver.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #21:
 May 02, 2022, 07:33:34 AM
I know they were good last year and that's why I said it looked like they held back and didn't show how good they are in the parity. They smashed us every time we played them last year. You forgot to mention they are also fielding a 15AA to go along with the 2 16AA, gold and silver.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #22:
 May 02, 2022, 08:35:51 AM
I'd have to agree, in our parity it seemed that way as well. Teams that we played last year in good close games we beat with ease in the parity. Looking at the rosters from last year to this they are pretty much the same kids. The score don't reflect how easily we controlled the game, we had puck possession for more than 16min of a 25 min game. I even heard a parent tell a team that followed us to remember to not to score too much, that a close game will be better than a blow out.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #23:
 May 02, 2022, 08:43:34 AM
I would like to know how the results are being evaluated.  My son’s team went 2-1 but none of the games seemed particularly close as I would say they dictated about 90% of the play in all of their games.  They just didn’t convert their chances in their one loss which obviously happens sometimes and is more likely to occur with the type of format in which the games were played.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #24:
 May 02, 2022, 11:10:23 AM
And you guys make fun of AAA parents

"...But we controlled most of the play even though we tied..."
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #25:
 May 02, 2022, 11:19:46 AM
I was told scores aren’t the only things being looked at but I’m sure it’s a factor.  Looking at my kids division and the one above and below, it looks like there’s a team in the division above that got beat up on that might be pushed down and two teams in the division below that could get pushed up since they destroyed everyone.  Again that’s just looking at scores.  Maybe the team in the division above us was missing some of their better players. 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #26:
 May 02, 2022, 11:57:21 AM
And you guys make fun of AAA parents

"...But we controlled most of the play even though we tied..."
And here come the letter chasers chiming in. For another $1000 I will sell you a forth A
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #27:
 May 02, 2022, 12:00:46 PM
I was told scores aren’t the only things being looked at but I’m sure it’s a factor.  Looking at my kids division and the one above and below, it looks like there’s a team in the division above that got beat up on that might be pushed down and two teams in the division below that could get pushed up since they destroyed everyone.  Again that’s just looking at scores.  Maybe the team in the division above us was missing some of their better players. 
From what I was told is that the organization decides what level a team plays. the parity is just away to try and make a balanced schedule for the bottom teams don't get playing the top teams multiple times getting crushed. We were told the AHF may recommend moving but it's up to the club.

To the person that said about letter chasing, don't get them started
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #28:
 May 02, 2022, 12:21:43 PM
Some of the divisions don’t have many teams.  Why do they have these silly pure divisions?  Just lump them in with the gold divisions and quit trying to be special.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #29:
 May 02, 2022, 12:30:53 PM
Who cares what division they play in. Just let the kids play and have fun. Too many adults take this too seriously!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase: