Author Topic: What organizations sandbagged the AHF parity tournament?  (Read 10732 times)

Description:

Reply #10:
 May 12, 2022, 07:47:52 AM
After talking to parents on our 16 Gold team I watched Team Philadelphia's games on live barn. I could not believe the missed passes and sloppy play from them. I know a bunch of them were on 16 A American last year, some were bantam and some left overs. They were all good teams, something didn't look right.

with 3 AA teams at the 16U and no team practices yet, the TP gold and silver are exactly what you'd expect, the 4th and 5th best rosters at the age group from the club yet they'll still dominate the AHF this season.
A lot of teams went into the parity with no practice. My nephews 16 gold team is made up of kids that played on 4 different teams last yr. The team my sons 14 gold that he is on has kids from 3 different organization that played on total of 5 different teams, no practices, no connection on the ice but still made simple passes and didn't look lost on the ice. I was at the 16 gold parity and my nephew played against TP, based on what he was told he was shocked at how they played. We are not that familiar with TP, only played them a handful of times over the yrs in tournaments. If they dominate like you say you are validating the commenters point about something not looking right.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #11:
 May 12, 2022, 08:08:02 AM
Not many clubs put a A national team on the ice as their 4th best roster.  Think about it, there are 45 kids playing at a higher level than the TP team your nephew played, i'm guessing your home club's A national only has 15.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #12:
 May 12, 2022, 08:35:42 AM
My sons club has 2 AA teams at 14u and as far as my nephew without looking it up I couldn't tell you. They play for 2 different clubs, I just help my brother out with rides when he has to work.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #13:
 May 12, 2022, 09:12:42 AM
Awww yissss!  That B banner is as good as ours.  Baggers gonna bag.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #14:
 May 12, 2022, 09:36:00 AM
Not many clubs put a A national team on the ice as their 4th best roster.  Think about it, there are 45 kids playing at a higher level than the TP team your nephew played, i'm guessing your home club's A national only has 15.
Just because you put a pure 15AA team together doesn't mean they are better than a your mixed 16 gold team. I'm not saying their aren't but you make it sound like it's an absolute and it's not. I would put my sons mixed 16u team up against a pure 15AA team. 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #15:
 May 12, 2022, 09:55:22 AM
From my understanding from our club is that the club determined where you played in the parity. The AHF can move you up, down or leave you where the club put you based on how the team played in the parity.

I am not criticizing TP.  They are a great organization with multiple teams that do well. 

Your comments supported my guess that the team in mention was TP. 

For what it is worth, my opinion is if a team has two AA teams, then their 3rd team probably should be placed at the high level A.   
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #16:
 May 12, 2022, 10:06:37 AM
So, are we all in agreement that Team Philly sandbagged the AHF Parity tournament?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #17:
 May 12, 2022, 10:27:43 AM
For what it is worth, my opinion is if a team has two AA teams, then their 3rd team probably should be placed at the high level A.   

So at 16u TP has three AA teams, a gold and a silver, are you suggesting gold move to AA for a total of 4 and silver to gold?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #18:
 May 12, 2022, 10:37:17 AM
So, are we all in agreement that Team Philly sandbagged the AHF Parity tournament?
That is the way it is sounding.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #19:
 May 12, 2022, 10:55:01 AM
"So at 16u TP has three AA teams, a gold and a silver, are you suggesting gold move to AA for a total of 4 and silver to gold?"
If they are good enough then yes. More so if they will dominate like the one commenter suggested. Heaven forbid you play against the same quality team as you are. I know blowouts can happen but it shouldn't be the norm.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase: