Author Topic: pro quarantine families stay home!  (Read 8920 times)

Description:

Reply #20:
 August 20, 2020, 08:23:47 AM
The point that the argument "in my county, 0.008% of people outside of nursing homes have tested positive for Covid" misses is that the reason that their county has such a low COVID infection rate is because we (in PA at least) are taking precautions and not engaging in overly risky behavior.

I don't know how many of the pro-play camp here are for a 100% return to normal-youth-hockey-or-bust vs. ok with something modified just so there is some youth hockey. But to those in the former group, please lighten up. At least they're trying. Sitting there complaining that what is trying to be done ignores the reality that regular youth hockey this fall is going to help send infection rates way up. I'm not against all youth hockey this fall (my kid is signed up) but if you want to have youth contact sports this fall you are going to need to be creative.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #21:
 August 20, 2020, 09:20:28 AM
The point that the argument "in my county, 0.008% of people outside of nursing homes have tested positive for Covid" misses is that the reason that their county has such a low COVID infection rate is because we (in PA at least) are taking precautions and not engaging in overly risky behavior.

I don't know how many of the pro-play camp here are for a 100% return to normal-youth-hockey-or-bust vs. ok with something modified just so there is some youth hockey. But to those in the former group, please lighten up. At least they're trying. Sitting there complaining that what is trying to be done ignores the reality that regular youth hockey this fall is going to help send infection rates way up. I'm not against all youth hockey this fall (my kid is signed up) but if you want to have youth contact sports this fall you are going to need to be creative.

Just want to let you know there's more people out there that think like you than you might realize.  Just remember the dumbest people tend to speak the loudest.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #22:
 August 20, 2020, 10:00:13 AM
I would hope and do believe the let them play camp is also supportive of precautions. Take precautions. Let them play as normal. The 25 number is arbitrary,  make it 50. Who else is at risk with 50? The other half of the team that are already exposed to their teammates and will expose the other team when swapped in.

No spectators.  No scouts : (. Just the kids being able to play and not sit in the locker staring at walls. They have been exposed to each other already...let them sit on the bench together.

September and early October may be the only time they can play before it spikes again and everything goes from green to red before the election : )
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #23:
 August 24, 2020, 10:01:12 PM
Remember when you were sitting in our houses and all they could say is flatten the curve and we will be ok?
So now the curved is flattened and the percentage is lower than even regular flu and we are still waiting.
This is all BS. I had a friend go to get tested. Left before his turn and he got a call 2 days later he was positive.  WTF is that.  If you child is practicing with his team then there is no way they should not be able to sit on the bench together. 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #24:
 August 25, 2020, 01:22:01 PM
This is all BS. I had a friend go to get tested. Left before his turn and he got a call 2 days later he was positive.  WTF is that.  If you child is practicing with his team then there is no way they should not be able to sit on the bench together. 

Mrs. Krabappel and Principal Skinner were in the closet making babies and I saw one of the babies and the baby looked at me!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #25:
 September 03, 2020, 12:30:39 AM
I think I read this board, just to get a few laughs.

1) It's only 1 season, who cares. Postpone until Jan...Your Little Joey is not on the fast track to the olympic team. Relax.

2) Do we really need to drive all the way to Harrisburg or Hershey to play 1 game of hockey? Give me a break.....Stay local and let little Joey have fun for once.

3) "Let the Kids Play"....Get out of here....Your kids could care less. Throw an X-box with NHL20 loaded and your not going to hear any complaints from Little Joey....guaranteed.

4) I know it's a special year for little Joey, he made the AA team. The first step in his future NHL career. He has to play now!!!!....Please Karen.....Little Joey only made the team because he is 4 line defense and knows the Daddy coach.

5) You mean I can't watch little Joey play at any game? OMG, what on earth will little Joey do without your endless "Skate" shouts and whining about the other teams illegal checks.

6) I know this is hard to hear, but little Joey won't be at Silver Skates or any of the other overhyped tournaments this year....Your going to have to re-schedule the coaches recruitment visits with the Boston College, Cornell and Minnesota. Heavens to Betsy...

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #26:
 September 03, 2020, 01:48:51 AM
It's not just about your kid and your kid's teammates. The recent COVID-19 cluster in NH is linked to a hockey clinic and those kids -  who you know weren't social distancing on the ice or in the locker room, coaches not wearing masks and holding chalk talks - now those kids brought it to their school and qarantined a dozen non-hockey kids.

You know people aren't following the rules. You see the photos all over the internet. Kids posting group goal celebrations, coaches huddling kids together, kids tripping and falling all over each other. The photos kids and parents are posting from local rinks IceWorks, York, IceLine, Lemieux and Pittsburgh Ice Arena, there are hundreds of photos out there proving that the rules aren't being followed and the powers that be at the state are looking at those photos as well.

As soon as someone gets sick the whole team and then rink is going to shut down as well as schools. It's not just "well I'm OK taking the risk" because, for the 1,000,000 time,  you are passing on that risk to the entire community.

COVID-19 Cluster in New Hampshire Linked to Youth Hockey Camp – NBC Boston

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #27:
 September 03, 2020, 12:16:48 PM
The vocal minority has spoken.

Everything is shut down. The pricks that didn't want it to open ruined it for everyone instead of just keeping their fat asses home.

I hope you are happy. Lots of kids dreams of playing hockey (not NHL, just hockey) gone because the vocal minorities kids like to play Xbox and are content with sitting at a screen 18 hours a day.

Not every kid is lazy like yours.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #28:
 September 03, 2020, 06:13:15 PM
I know there are many that believe Covid is “just the flu.” Maybe this article will change your mind. Thirty percent have inflammation of the heart.

Penn State Athletics Doctor: 30-35% Of Coronavirus-Positive Big Ten Athletes Had
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
Guest19888,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #29:
 September 03, 2020, 06:19:13 PM
OMG!!!!!!! :o :o :o That's horrible and to think the same thing happens with the common flu. WERE ALL GONNA DIE! :'(

"Acute myocarditis is a well-known complication of influenza infection. The clinical expression varies from asymptomatic to fulminant myocarditis, which can result in severe hemodynamic dysfunction, necessitating high-dose catecholamines and mechanical circulatory support [1–11]."

Myocarditis - Symptoms and causes - Mayo Clinic

Mind not changed :-\ find something else to panic about
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

Stevie Y Coming Home

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 0
Views: 5746
Last post April 19, 2019, 08:23:04 AM
by Youth Hockey Info
UPDATE: 5yr Old Landen Hoffman Returns Home

Replies: 4
Views: 5799
Last post April 24, 2019, 11:12:06 PM
by Guest
ISO: Billet Families - New Jersey Titans NAHL

Views: 7460
Last post August 27, 2019, 12:28:32 PM
by Youth Hockey Info
Rinks opening during quarantine

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 7
Views: 4381
Last post May 18, 2020, 02:01:06 PM
by Guest
UPDATE: PIAA TO STAY THE COURSE.... FOR NOW.

Views: 2817
Last post August 07, 2020, 02:53:57 PM
by Youth Hockey Info