Forum > General Youth Hockey Info

Any changes for next year in PA?

<< < (3/8) > >>

Guest:
WBS knights will no longer exist. The WBS Cosmonauts will be the new team.

The Russians are coming… The Russians are coming!!!’

Guest:
Same opponents all the time sucks but AHF had some teams play each other 3-4 times. And some of those drives would have been the same if they scheduled teams out of the state.

Guest:

--- Quote from: Guest on February 12, 2024, 10:27:10 AM ---There tons of rumors about the Wilmington Night Hawks.  But they don't make any sense.

--- End quote ---

what are the rumors?  Trying to see what things look like at peewee next year.

Guest:

--- Quote from: Guest on February 13, 2024, 10:26:37 AM ---
--- Quote from: Guest on February 12, 2024, 08:20:21 PM ---genesis will not be in AHF.

--- End quote ---
As a parent currently with Genesis I'd welcome a change and a switch to the AHF. Being in a division with a whopping 7 teams this year sucked. I know playing in the EJ is an option but we played the same DVHL teams in that league, how exciting. I truly didn't enjoy the last 2yrs in the DVHL and may consider looking at other options, if the kid agrees to do so.

--- End quote ---

Our genesis team played around 25 different opponents this year (and we will add a few more over the next couple weeks) and I know my kid had a blast. Had some once in a lifetime trips catching gator specs in florida and monster salmon in New York, all with friends that have been together for years and winning tournaments at the same time. If you want to jump ship to go to teams that cost more so you can play one or two more opponents, spend your money on stuff like a for profit league paying tier 2 coaches, then go right ahead...but I think you're missing the point. Have a blast and make some memories with kids and friends that you'll never forget.

Would we give all that up to drive an extra hour to practice and pay more for the same ice time just to play on a team that's ranked a half point more on MHR. Nah.

Guest:

--- Quote from: Guest on February 20, 2024, 12:23:40 PM ---Same opponents all the time sucks but AHF had some teams play each other 3-4 times. And some of those drives would have been the same if they scheduled teams out of the state.

--- End quote ---
I agree my son plays in the AHF and he played 36 league games and 16 of those were against 4 teams but the drive part isn't accurate, at least for us. My step son plays in the DVHL and EJ this year and played
--- Quote from: Guest on February 20, 2024, 12:23:40 PM ---Same opponents all the time sucks but AHF had some teams play each other 3-4 times. And some of those drives would have been the same if they scheduled teams out of the state.

--- End quote ---
some of the same teams in both leagues, 3 teams 4 times each(twice in each league) and ended up with 32 games combined and the travel to some of the EJ teams was far more than I did for AHF games.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version