Author Topic: Contracts vs Coronavirus - please read  (Read 4199 times)

Description:

Contracts vs Coronavirus - please read
Topic: May 18, 2020, 06:44:18 PM
Serious topic / question here

I am not here to debate thoughts on the coronavirus.  If people are expected to sign in early June,  whether tier 1 or 2, will there be a condition in the contract to forgo payment if another spike in cases shuts down the rest of the season?

Meaning if the season is 28 weeks, should it be prorated if we shut down say on week 10?

Do we need to band together to ensure we are covered, financially?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #1:
 May 18, 2020, 07:27:08 PM
ANYONE who gives these clubs and/or rinks a dime should be committed! Some of them will be foreclosed and may never reopen. Black bear will likely file for bankruptcy, leaving ALL creditors high and dry! Good luck getting your money back, so unless you can afford to lose it, DON'T GIVE THEM A DIME!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #2:
 May 18, 2020, 10:11:52 PM
just sign the contract and quit whining. Be happy they allow your kid play hockey. ;)
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #3:
 May 19, 2020, 12:29:02 AM
Excellent point, but I think it would be very difficult to get money back from clubs once you make payment -- caution is the word.  Stick with clubs, rinks in good financial situations would be best advice.

#openup
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #4:
 May 19, 2020, 08:21:27 AM
Rinks are gonna open as soon as they can and rush to get kids back on the ice and collecting money as fast as they can.  It’s all gonna come down to how much risk each individual family is willing to take.

No one knows what the season will look like or if there will even be a season.  We don’t even know whether schools will reopen in the fall.  We don’t even really have an idea if youth sports can 100% operate back to normal when PA moves to the Green phase (maybe just practices but there is no documentation that I’ve seen that going Green is a green light to have a season).

The only thing we do know is that clubs can start offering contracts in June and they’re begging you to register and pay registration fees to start making $ again.  As soon as they can start charging you for a season - they will.  I personally would not register or give any club a dime without knowing what I’m signing up and paying for.  Spring sports have been cancelled and clubs are keeping “operating” fees from your registration when absolutely no activities have occurred.  It’s your choice if you want to take that same risk with hockey.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #5:
 May 19, 2020, 11:22:37 AM
Good topic, I think the OP is questioning round 2 which is pretty controversial.

Let's assume that the season starts on time. We all sign and get 10 weeks into the season. Everyone is happy.

Then murder hornets with the covid19 are stinging kids and the season is abruptly suspended.

If we paid in full are we entitled to monies back?

If we are on a payment plan are we legally obligated to pay the balance considering the circumstances?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #6:
 May 20, 2020, 12:52:32 AM

Then murder hornets with the covid19 are stinging kids and the season is abruptly suspended.

If we paid in full are we entitled to monies back?

I would question the hornets before they sting you for the answers
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

3 Princeton Tigers Free Agents Sign NHL Contracts

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 0
Views: 3717
Last post March 13, 2019, 09:03:08 AM
by Youth Hockey Info