Author Topic: What happened to Jr. B hockey in Atlantic District?  (Read 6445 times)

Description:

Didn't the Jr. Devils go to Nationals bunch of times 1990-95, then Apple Core became dominant?  All the best high school players were playing Jr. B, why did the MET league just disappear?  Now if you are good 17 yr old, you play for Midgets for Avs, Jr. Flyers, etc.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #1:
 August 17, 2020, 09:44:09 AM
The Met is technically still around. It is now called the EHL. It went through some restructuring and renaming a few years ago. The EHL has the regular division which is Tier 3 and the lower Premier division which is Jr B. I have no experience with Jr B, but from what hear, it is pretty bad these days. Obviously, the regular EHL division is better, 16/18AAA is better and I would say there are some 18AA teams that are better.
Here's how bad it can be. A friend of mine's kid was cut from a middle of the road 18aa team last season, but was able to make a Jr B team.
Also, Jr Flyers and Philly Revolution both stopped their Junior programs at the end of last season so their are fewer options in the area, which might be a good thing. Could make it less watered down.

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #2:
 August 17, 2020, 10:04:46 AM
Those Jr Devs teams under Plunkett were very good, he was a legend
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #3:
 August 17, 2020, 10:47:56 AM
The Met is technically still around. It is now called the EHL. It went through some restructuring and renaming a few years ago. The EHL has the regular division which is Tier 3 and the lower Premier division which is Jr B. I have no experience with Jr B, but from what hear, it is pretty bad these days. Obviously, the regular EHL division is better, 16/18AAA is better and I would say there are some 18AA teams that are better.
Here's how bad it can be. A friend of mine's kid was cut from a middle of the road 18aa team last season, but was able to make a Jr B team.
Also, Jr Flyers and Philly Revolution both stopped their Junior programs at the end of last season so their are fewer options in the area, which might be a good thing. Could make it less watered down.

My son played for Rev JrB 4 years ago. It was about $12k and nobody went to NAHL or USHL. A couple of his teammates got calls ups to the EHL team but didn't play. The B team wasn't very good and I'd say they would be more online with Midget AA than anything. If you could pay the crazy money they'd take you, lots of tier ll A players.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #4:
 August 17, 2020, 03:56:26 PM
I thought Revolutions players were moved out to Johnstown?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #5:
 August 17, 2020, 07:43:07 PM
The Revolution Junior program was sold
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #6:
 August 18, 2020, 05:43:29 AM
I saw those Plunkett teams for Devils, they would be 8+ goals better than EHL, he also took Brick/Rockets to Natty at Juniors, bring back the old MET Glenn!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

Approved Tier I teams for Atlantic District

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 6
Views: 9848
Last post March 26, 2019, 08:36:25 AM
by Youth Hockey Info
North Jersey dominates Atlantic District

Replies: 4
Views: 3758
Last post May 10, 2021, 08:18:21 AM
by Guest
Will will represent the Atlantic District at Nats from NJ & PA ay 18UAA?

Replies: 2
Views: 5991
Last post May 02, 2022, 04:41:40 PM
by Guest
Buy Sell And Trade Used And New Hockey Equipment Online

Started by adminBoard Used Hockey Equipment Trading And Selling

Replies: 1
Views: 10018
Last post October 31, 2019, 12:41:31 AM
by Guest
DE/NJ/NY/PA Youth Hockey Directory