Author Topic: Teams leaving the AHF?  (Read 5788 times)

Description:

Teams leaving the AHF?
Topic: January 25, 2023, 03:53:09 PM
I’ve heard rumors that teams are looking at leaving the AHF to go back to the Dvhl.  Who are these teams exactly?  The only non BB owned teams are Wissahickon, Lancaster, Team Philly, VFC, and Haverford.  WBS isn’t owned by BB, but was never in the Dvhl.

I suppose VFC or Team Philly could see the Dvhl as an easier path to districts, but I don’t see an incentive for any of the other teams.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #1:
 January 25, 2023, 06:51:28 PM
Jr Pens were always in the DVHL until this season.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted heartreaction:
Guest15212,

Reply #2:
 January 25, 2023, 07:53:19 PM
WBS Jr Kight, not the Jr Pens.  They really should merge, but that’s another topic.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
Guest17657,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #3:
 January 26, 2023, 06:14:18 AM
I think the comment is referring to WBS Knights not Jr Pens. They also forgot the Phantoms Youth as an AHF team not owned by BB. Team Philly and VFC will not leave, the rink owners are officers with the AHF and made money off the showcases just like BB rinks did.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #4:
 January 26, 2023, 09:12:01 AM
Wissahickon is not leaving the AHF.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #5:
 January 26, 2023, 10:10:54 AM
I highly doubt that any club would leave the AHF. 

I would consider your source.

The AHF will get bigger not smaller.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest18779,Guest19441,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #6:
 January 26, 2023, 10:29:05 AM
Jr Pens were always in the DVHL until this season.
As the others have pointed out the post is the Jr Knights not Jr Pens who are still in the DVHL so not sure why you would say they were DVHL until this season.

I don't see any team leaving the AHF after just 1 year, they know what the DVHL has to offer and would probably give the AHF another year or so before they'd second guess themselves on if it was a good move or not and what to do next.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

hockeydad321

Reply #7:
 January 26, 2023, 01:21:38 PM
Told AHF making changes within each division. Will slot AA teams in Gold, Silver, Bronze AA all levels the same. Not dividing division up mid-season like this year, but actually have multiple divisions before season starts with some cross division games. This was a learning year and changes need to be made. Having bottom AA teams playing top AA teams and losing by 10+ goals is not good for anyone.

No one leaving AHF- too many teams already in league. More trying to join. BB very selective and not allowing rinks that control DV or NJ in. BB is vindictive. Atlantic District controlled by NJ/DV rinks- until district sanctions AHF, those rinks will not be allowed in. District sanctioning will come within 1-2 years- DV/NJ will not have enough teams left to even have leagues. BB/AHF will win and DV/NJ/District need to throw in the towel now for the sake of the players/families.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #8:
 January 27, 2023, 08:54:09 AM
 "Not dividing division up mid-season like this year"  What division/age did that happen at mid-season? I know they added Championship/Gold/Silver and some bronze for AHF playoff brackets on the Krach rankings but not separate divisions. Just because you may have been in one didn't mean you kept that spot and could get bumped, that's how standings work.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #9:
 January 27, 2023, 09:52:10 AM
You mean the pointless AHF playoffs for the most part. Winning the championship playoff bracket is pretty big saying you are the best in the AHF in your division. Winning gold playoff= 5th place, winning silver playoff=9th place and winning bronze if your division has it= 13th place, all not that big of a deal. The reason I say pointless is independent league district hopes are based on your My Hockey Rankings on Feb 15 and AHF playoffs start Feb 18th so it will play no bearing on your My Hockey Rankings. This is one thing I'd like to see change if the AHF is kept at the Independent league status next year, have the playoffs before that My Hockey Rankings date not after.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

Teams leaving the NJYHL for AHF

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 26
Views: 9693
Last post January 06, 2024, 08:01:43 AM
by Guest
Spartans Hockey Fall Teams