Author Topic: Make Secondary Assists Great Again  (Read 1176 times)

Description:

Make Secondary Assists Great Again
Topic: January 07, 2024, 10:53:05 PM
Tired of the ref bashing this year, these refs are dialed in, even getting secondary assists for nearly every game!!!!!!!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
Guest13281,Guest15593,Guest17207,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #1:
 January 08, 2024, 09:56:43 AM
Definitely NOT the coaches kid or managers kid getting those secondary assist inputted into the system!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #2:
 January 09, 2024, 02:06:22 PM
I am so tired of hearing excuses for the refs. I understand there is a shortage. I am so tired of hearing, well you could be a ref when anyone makes a complaint. I understand that there are some teams or some parents who unfairly yell. They sign up to ref and they get paid to ref. They should be adhering to rules and keeping the kids safe on the ice.
In my experience this year, the only time I have seen parents yell is when the Refs are not calling enough to keep the kids safe. I am not talking a missed offside. I am talking about unsafe hits, boarding, and cross checks from behind. Before you bash me, I understand hockey is hockey. I am all for legal checks. But there are a few teams out there that consistently have illegal and dirty hits. My team this year has had multiple broken bones, multiple concussions, and dislocated limbs. This is beyond normal checking. Refs need to keep the games in control.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest10280,Guest14023,Guest17436,Guest13725,Guest10805,Guest14580,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted heartreaction:
Guest18383,Guest18954,Guest17831,

Reply #3:
 January 09, 2024, 04:13:16 PM
My kid plays 2011 AAA.  The refs have been horrendous this year. There is hooking every time a kid gets beat and the defender puts the stick in the hands of the offensive player- never called. Remember this is a no checking level. The kids can have body contact when going for the puck, but at this level they are blatantly checking- never called. How many times does an offensive player hack at the goalie 2 seconds after ref blows whistle. The defending team gets upset, pushes or "roughs" player hacking away and the defensive player gets a penalty. The refs should let the "hacking" kid get hit and not call anything. Then tell the kid if he doesn't want to get "roughed" don't hit the goalie. Every game that has gotten out of hand this year has been the fault of the refs. They let the interference, checking, boarding, slashing and hooking go every game. They seem to call roughing and tripping only and half the trips are not tripping. The refs have been terrible and US Hockey and the District needs to do something fast or some crazy parent is going to hurt a ref. I have never seen officiating this bad in any sport at the youth level!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest14102,Guest10360,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted heartreaction:
Guest14933,Guest15684,Guest17963,

Reply #4:
 January 09, 2024, 10:39:22 PM
The ref’s have been worse than ever this year! We spend so much time and money on this, to be handed such shit quality… Control the fucking game and keep the kids safe!

And for fuck safe, give credit when credit is due!

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest16497,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #5:
 January 10, 2024, 11:53:56 AM
The ref’s have been worse than ever this year! We spend so much time and money on this, to be handed such shit quality… Control the fucking game and keep the kids safe!

And for fuck safe, give credit when credit is due!

Thanks for your opinion! I know who you are! You are the person they are talking about on the "Who is the worst parent group?" thread. You make every team your kid is on the worst parent group, even though every other parent on the team is great. You need to shut up! Your son is good but only 10. You are not helping by screaming at your son, telling him he sucks or great (depending on how he plays), screaming at refs, arguing with coaches, arguing with parents/ team manager and most of all your drinking is a major problem.  If you don't change your behavior, your current rink WILL ask you to leave and the same pattern will repeat itself at your new rink. Please for the sake of your son, start acting like you're the adult in their 30's and not a a-hole teenager!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #6:
 January 10, 2024, 01:06:32 PM
As a hockey community, we need to quit complaining about the refs. 

Think about it logically, if the NHL refs are bad and make idiotic calls, and interfere with the game...do we really expect youth hockey refs to be better?

Now on the other hand, if I could convey to the refs this point:  If you first let head contact and boarding go, and then call a questionable tripping call two minutes later....you are getting hollered at.  Either call the dangerous hits, or let that borderline tripping call go. 

I can predict phantom tripping calls with the accuracy of Nostrdamus! Elbow to the head that results in player slamming into boards not called....phantom tripping will happen within minutes.  It is a mathematical theorem that has yet to be studied.  Somebody will get a PHD on this dissertation topic.

dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest13878,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #7:
 January 11, 2024, 12:20:53 AM
Wrong on all points dumbass. I’m one of the few who’s 100% happy with my team, parents and coach. How many can say that?

Ref’s are part of the game and the only ones getting paid to be on the ice. Kids safety should be priority one you jackass! Can’t you read?

And little Johnny should get credit on the score sheet when he scores. It’s all the kids care about. Why take it from them ???
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest18032,
Members reacted dislike:
Guest15250,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #8:
 January 12, 2024, 10:16:55 AM
Wrong on all points dumbass. I’m one of the few who’s 100% happy with my team, parents and coach. How many can say that?

Ref’s are part of the game and the only ones getting paid to be on the ice. Kids safety should be priority one you jackass! Can’t you read?

And little Johnny should get credit on the score sheet when he scores. It’s all the kids care about. Why take it from them ???
we didn't have stats when we were in the njyhl if you wanted stats you had to keep track of them yourself the stats are ranking are becoming to much of a priority
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest11895,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #9:
 January 12, 2024, 02:52:14 PM

I am so sorry for offending you. From the language you use in your posts and the manner in which you replied, I can see you are a calm, rational, intelligent person, who loves you coaches, team and rink. In no way are you a person who yells at the refs, yells at the coaches, complains to team manager about your kid not getting an assist or thinks you kid will be playing in the NHL someday.

I hope you are getting my sarcasm! I know who you are and you are the poster dad for bad hockey parents! Calm down, realize your little Johnny will most likely not play in college let alone the NHL, let your kid have fun and stop terrorizing everyone at the rink. No one wants to hear your complaining and yelling. My kids team has played your sons team 7 time this year and I swear, every time I hear your voice I want to poke my ear drums! Get a clue Palsz!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest17911,Guest19168,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

3rd party tournament websites make big money off youth hockey

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 1
Views: 5217
Last post November 21, 2018, 10:40:32 AM
by Guest
Video: You make the call