Author Topic: Black Bear Folded our Program  (Read 2015 times)

Description:

Reply #20:
 February 09, 2024, 09:40:58 AM
VFC no BB rink is charging $500 deposit for tryouts for tierII, $200 sounds decent to me

Deposit?  Is it then applied to your tuition if you make a team?  If so, yes that’s high but at least it’s going to pay down tuition. 

BB’s $200 tryout fee is the cost to tryout only and is not applied to your tuition.  The real kicker is if you tryout for BB Tier 1 team and don’t make it, you then have to pay the tryout fee for Tier 2 as well.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #21:
 February 09, 2024, 09:50:39 AM
BB wants that money.  They care about anything else.  Most of there rink are gross or just have cover ups for the issues.  So you know they are not sinking any money to them.  So head honchos must me lining there pockets.  Not to mention other areas they could be putting these funds to.  That is ridiculous to charge $200 and if you do not make the tier 1 team you have to pay again for the tier 2  teams fake evals. 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #22:
 February 09, 2024, 11:33:17 AM
I'd assume it would come off. Our club takes it off if you make the team and VFC did in the past before we left. If you don't make the team you are out the fee. How many did VFC cut this yr at 18 that they only had 1 team?  That's a good amount of free money for 3 days of ice time. Are all BB teams the same because my kids friend plays for a BB rink and his dad said it came off the total.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #23:
 February 09, 2024, 01:55:30 PM
I'd assume it would come off. Our club takes it off if you make the team and VFC did in the past before we left. If you don't make the team you are out the fee. How many did VFC cut this yr at 18 that they only had 1 team?  That's a good amount of free money for 3 days of ice time. Are all BB teams the same because my kids friend plays for a BB rink and his dad said it came off the total.

Doesn't seem all BB rinks are the same, but the ones I'm aware of do the same where the tryout is not applied to your tuition.  BB also took away sibling and goalie discounts when they took over.  That was painful for many
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #24:
 February 12, 2024, 02:29:03 PM
Tryout fee of $200 is not applied to tuition.

Black Bear tuition for the Tier 2 Program ranges from $200 for Mites up to $4000 for Bantam. For the Tier 1 program It ranges from $5500 for Squirts up to $6200 for Bantams.

Black Bear expects tuition to be paid in full upfront or a payment plan fee of $150 will be assessed.

The removed our programs sign from outside and inside the rink. Signs for the new teams have been erected along with promotional stuff all over the lobby. Some practices were taken away and remaining practice duration was shortened.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #25:
 February 12, 2024, 02:30:00 PM
Also, goalies are not free for the Tier 1 program.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #26:
 February 12, 2024, 03:59:53 PM

NOTHING is free with Black Bear.  Is your Tier 2 forced to pay and play in their Defender Tournaments?  We are… boring locations (same places you play league games) and they are poorly run with no effort to match competitive teams.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #27:
 February 14, 2024, 10:18:36 AM
My son is a goalie and played for a couple of clubs in Pa and Oh and we never got it for free. what clubs are free for goalies? We got a discount at some but not all. He never played for a black bear team either.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #28:
 February 14, 2024, 10:32:28 AM

NOTHING is free with Black Bear.  Is your Tier 2 forced to pay and play in their Defender Tournaments?  We are… boring locations (same places you play league games) and they are poorly run with no effort to match competitive teams.
What is free in travel hockey? If you do any of the local tournaments(travel champs/myhockey Philly for ex.) you are playing in rinks you play in during the season. Other than myhockey we have never done a tournament were they cared about match ups, they care about filling their brackets and getting paid. That includes one hockey, alpha tournament company, travel champs, silver sticks, niagara sports tournaments and others.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #29:
 February 14, 2024, 12:36:13 PM
BBSG adds the defender tournaments which mostly consist of the same teams you play in the AHF.  It is stupid mine as well say its a an extra showcase or two.  Tournaments around this area get the same teams.  Try and get out from under the BBSG umbrella.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

For-profit hockey rink operator Black Bear sues AHAI

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 4
Views: 11002
Last post November 10, 2023, 01:40:18 PM
by Guest
Black Bear Purchases Royals LLC and Wintersport Closing