Forum > General Youth Hockey Info

2 months in - Re-visiting USA Hockey Checking Rules

(1/3) > >>

Youth Hockey Info:

Original Topic available for review: USA Hockey ratifies drastic body checking changes

Well, here we are folks, 2 months in. Lets get your opinions. How are the newly enforced checking rules working out for you?

Based on the existing rules that didn't change. USA hockey announced calls for checking would be enforced with a new stringent set of rules which would determine if physical body checking is legal or illegal.

Poll attached, please cast your vote above and comment below to voice your opinion.

bardown:
It'd be nice to let the kids finish a game where the ref isn't calliing every single play where the kids make minimal body contact and the judgement is made because one of them fell down.

Guest:
The decisions based on the outcome of a hit have to stop. I mean really most of the time it's kids who just don't like being hit who act like they got blown up. My guy gets a 2 and 10 and their guy who got hit is right back out the next shift. He just acted like he was dead for 5 minutes and now all of sudden there's no problem at all? Come on stripes get your shit together.

Guest:
I like it so far and hope the refs keep calling the 2 and 10s. Itll make the kids think twice before they go barreling into defenseless players and injuries will go down. Keep up the great work refs!

Guest:
THE ANSWER IS EASY. GET RID OF BODY CHECKING IN YOUTH HOCKEY! EVERYBODY FRUSTRACTION RESOLVED! IF REF MAKES CALL ON A HIT WITH NO BODY CHECKING THERE IS NO ROOM FOR INTERPRETATION!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version