Forum > General Youth Hockey Info

2024-25 Movement

<< < (2/79) > >>

Guest:
I don't think it is letter chasing. I think it is about how much ice time you get at AAA compared to AA. AAA gives you 3hrs of practice per week from Arpil-mid-June and then again from mid-August thru end of Feb. You get 1 hr skill/week, 1 hr off ice and 1 hr video. You also get a 4 day 6hr summer/training camp. That is a lot for your money. If AA would offer that I would sign my kids up, but they don't. So in order to get everything AAA offer you need to pay an additional $4-5k. Stop hating blaming letter chasers and just look at it logically from a dollars perspective.

Guest:

--- Quote from: Guest on March 04, 2024, 07:03:13 PM ---Rumors are flying about major movement at the PW & SQ AAA/AA level. I hear PHC, FE, LF, JRF, FY are all losing and gaining players.  Mercer and Igloo are mostly losing players. Igloo is so desperate they are having a town hall meeting to convince families to stay! Lots of movement since AA & AAA are basically same price and same travel. This will be the craziest tryout season since 2021 when PHC/Hollydell decimated FE and had families scrambling for a new rink. One thing I know for sure, rinks will be making bank from tryouts! 

--- End quote ---

the town hall meeting email went out to a lot of other blackbear rinks as well.

Guest:
Really? I am at a BB rink and we did not get a town hall email. Rumor is Igloo losing more players this year and rink is imploding. I hear multiple 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 players leaving. Not happy with the direction of rink and disappointed their kids did not improve.

Guest:
If the town hall was any indication of the character of the families leaving, good riddance. 

Guest:

--- Quote from: Guest on March 06, 2024, 10:51:40 AM ---
--- Quote from: Guest on March 04, 2024, 07:03:13 PM ---Rumors are flying about major movement at the PW & SQ AAA/AA level. I hear PHC, FE, LF, JRF, FY are all losing and gaining players.  Mercer and Igloo are mostly losing players. Igloo is so desperate they are having a town hall meeting to convince families to stay! Lots of movement since AA & AAA are basically same price and same travel. This will be the craziest tryout season since 2021 when PHC/Hollydell decimated FE and had families scrambling for a new rink. One thing I know for sure, rinks will be making bank from tryouts! 

--- End quote ---

the town hall meeting email went out to a lot of other blackbear rinks as well.

--- End quote ---

Don’t let the fact get in the way of a good story lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version