Author Topic: Any changes for next year in PA?  (Read 4559 times)

Description:

Reply #30:
 March 11, 2024, 11:56:18 AM
So at my sons level with that model he will play around 16 games. I hope you are wrong. It is no longer NJYHL/DVHL it is one league and they should play each team twice, one home one away. For $300 more I can drive an extra 10-15 min and play around 26 games. If your model is right this maybe our last year before going to an AHF club. I will give the new league a 1yr trial.

How do you get 16? Obviously the amount of edge play will depend on total teams. It's not necessarily a new league as it's more of a co-op. Just like AHF, the DVHL and NJY will go back to their respective states for AA playoffs. Who wins the AA divisions will have no bearing on who gets to district Qualifier, just like AHF. They are doing exactly what the AHF is doing minus teams spread all over the east coast
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest13975,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #31:
 March 11, 2024, 01:57:56 PM
So at my sons level with that model he will play around 16 games. I hope you are wrong. It is no longer NJYHL/DVHL it is one league and they should play each team twice, one home one away. For $300 more I can drive an extra 10-15 min and play around 26 games. If your model is right this maybe our last year before going to an AHF club. I will give the new league a 1yr trial.

How do you get 16? Obviously the amount of edge play will depend on total teams. It's not necessarily a new league as it's more of a co-op. Just like AHF, the DVHL and NJY will go back to their respective states for AA playoffs. Who wins the AA divisions will have no bearing on who gets to district Qualifier, just like AHF. They are doing exactly what the AHF is doing minus teams spread all over the east coast
Basing off this yrs # of teams, we had 6 in our division, 5 other teams plus his 5x2=10 games.  at my kids age this yr the nj had 6 teams that didn't leave for the AHF so 10+6=16. obviously it could be one or two more or less but going by this yr that is what it will look like. My friends son play for the near by AHF club and at the same age played 26 league games this yr not including playoffs. Like I said I will give them a 1yr trail.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #32:
 March 11, 2024, 04:03:11 PM

Basing off this yrs # of teams, we had 6 in our division, 5 other teams plus his 5x2=10 games.  at my kids age this yr the nj had 6 teams that didn't leave for the AHF so 10+6=16. obviously it could be one or two more or less but going by this yr that is what it will look like. My friends son play for the near by AHF club and at the same age played 26 league games this yr not including playoffs. Like I said I will give them a 1yr trail.

At what level? Most DVHL AA teams are playing 55+ game schedule. If they are not, that's on the team, not the league. Between EJ and DVHL you would be playing 35 games before non league Nd tourneys . All that said though, what difference does it make it you play a 16 or 26 game league schedule when the season is 50-60+ game season? All a league schedule is for is to determine playoffs.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
Guest12074,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #33:
 March 11, 2024, 06:51:45 PM
My kid is on a B team. We are talking league games and league games at the model the other post said would be 16 games. My kids team didn't play in the EJ. Our manager did a good job with getting us  5 non league games and we did 4 tournaments. Non league and tournaments aren't what we are talking about though, we are talking league games. I asked my friend who's son is on an AHF McDavid/B team and they played 26 league games plus 3 playoff games. He said they had 3 non league games, 1 of those against my kid and also did 4 tournaments. the difference between 16 and 26 league games is 10 more games for only a little bit more $. Like I said before we should play every team twice, it's no longer the DVHL/NJ it is now the MAHA. The AHF plays teams from both states multiple times. And like I said before I will give the merge league a 1 yr trial.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest17511,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #34:
 March 11, 2024, 08:05:11 PM
My kid is on a B team. We are talking league games and league games at the model the other post said would be 16 games. My kids team didn't play in the EJ. Our manager did a good job with getting us  5 non league games and we did 4 tournaments. Non league and tournaments aren't what we are talking about though, we are talking league games. I asked my friend who's son is on an AHF McDavid/B team and they played 26 league games plus 3 playoff games. He said they had 3 non league games, 1 of those against my kid and also did 4 tournaments. the difference between 16 and 26 league games is 10 more games for only a little bit more $. Like I said before we should play every team twice, it's no longer the DVHL/NJ it is now the MAHA. The AHF plays teams from both states multiple times. And like I said before I will give the merge league a 1 yr trial.
sorry, my friend mistyped the game total his son played. It was 36 plus playoffs not 26.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest19918,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #35:
 March 12, 2024, 10:29:26 AM
sorry, my friend mistyped the game total his son played. It was 36 plus playoffs not 26.
Common my guy, you should know by now most on here only care about the A/AA/AAA. They could careless about your B player, amount of games they play and their growth. You should also know if you aren't AA by 1st year sq you aren't going to the show.😂
My question is why wait? For a couple hundred more you are looking a 15-20 more games, seems like money well spent to me.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest17122,Guest14226,
Members reacted dislike:
Guest10118,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #36:
 March 13, 2024, 09:52:40 AM
I know, what was I thinking. I'm waiting the year because my kid really likes his team. It's was his 3rd yr with most of them and the head coach. The team is hoping to get bumped to A this coming season being they will all be 2nd yr, but with youth sport politics who knows.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest10896,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

Will NJYHL have a Tier2 U15 midget ninor division this year?

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 13
Views: 10924
Last post April 29, 2019, 11:26:08 AM
by Guest
TRYOUTS! It's that time of year again....

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 2
Views: 5861
Last post March 12, 2019, 03:48:38 PM
by Guest
16U (03-04 birth year) Development Opportunity

Started by NJ RENEGADESBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 0
Views: 9963
Last post May 03, 2019, 02:19:08 PM
by NJ RENEGADES
15 Year Old Mikael Kingo: An Angel On The Ice