Author Topic: What is the deal with Pilots mites program?  (Read 18736 times)

Description:

Reply #30:
 March 24, 2022, 10:30:23 PM
I think many AAA parents would disagree with you. My own son plays AAA squirt and you’re right that the coach wants kids that “fit their system” and would rather cut and add players that fit into that system especially at younger ages so that kids that do “fit” get to spend time learning the system over years. Not every kid works. My sons teams have cut kids that have been in program for years in favor of kids whose name no one knew at tryouts. Secondly, because most tryouts are over several days kids often spend one or two of those nights scrimmaging each other. I’ve yet to see a kid from AA or A “blow away” any but the worst of the AAA kids, those who probably shouldn’t have been there in first place. Lastly, my older son played AAA until he graduated from HS and now plays D2 club in college. Things didn’t “equal” out when puberty hit. If anything some kids sprouted up and we’re still average hockey players. Others grew a lot slower and were stars. Checking doesn’t make a bad player good. I watched good AA players make AAA teams not because they got bigger but because they got better regardless of size. If you’re a AA or A player I wouldn’t necessarily assume that puberty alone will get you on a AAA roster.

These AAA teams are all crap. They put in systems that they need kids to learn. US Hockey says not systems until Pee Wee and then only on powerplay and penalty kill. These AAA teams are ruining the players. I will have my kid play Tier II until 14 or 15. I will continue to take him to clinics & off ice trainer. You people are idiots!

How would you know? My sons AAA Sq team doesn’t have a “system”. The coach demands only that kids come to rink, work hard, and compete. Nothing more. Nothing less. What makes you think that kids at A and AA are learning something that AAA kids arent? AAA kids are going to the same clinics, doing MORE off ice training AND getting more practice and game experience. Your kid can play T2 until 14/15 and in all likelihood will STILL be playing T2 at 16/17, not that there is any shame in T2 but quit bad mouthing and insulting AAA kids and parents.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest11131,Guest14702,
Members reacted dislike:
Guest16672,Guest16681,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #31:
 March 25, 2022, 08:04:38 AM
I don't know what is funnier, reading all these AAA parents on hear or at public hockey. Nothing like listening to a AAA parent yell at their kid to light up the goalie and then watch the kid slam his stick when he gets stuffed. Then the parent is like well that goalie is a year older and playing high A if not AA, not knowing the goalie is my son who is only played high B low A. I tell them and they call me a liar, why? The fact is his kid was skating around just about everyone just not getting off good shots, it happens but he didn't want to hear it and yelled at his son nonstop for not lighting up mine.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #32:
 March 25, 2022, 12:34:24 PM
I think many AAA parents would disagree with you. My own son plays AAA squirt and you’re right that the coach wants kids that “fit their system” and would rather cut and add players that fit into that system especially at younger ages so that kids that do “fit” get to spend time learning the system over years. Not every kid works. My sons teams have cut kids that have been in program for years in favor of kids whose name no one knew at tryouts. Secondly, because most tryouts are over several days kids often spend one or two of those nights scrimmaging each other. I’ve yet to see a kid from AA or A “blow away” any but the worst of the AAA kids, those who probably shouldn’t have been there in first place. Lastly, my older son played AAA until he graduated from HS and now plays D2 club in college. Things didn’t “equal” out when puberty hit. If anything some kids sprouted up and we’re still average hockey players. Others grew a lot slower and were stars. Checking doesn’t make a bad player good. I watched good AA players make AAA teams not because they got bigger but because they got better regardless of size. If you’re a AA or A player I wouldn’t necessarily assume that puberty alone will get you on a AAA roster.

These AAA teams are all crap. They put in systems that they need kids to learn. US Hockey says not systems until Pee Wee and then only on powerplay and penalty kill. These AAA teams are ruining the players. I will have my kid play Tier II until 14 or 15. I will continue to take him to clinics & off ice trainer. You people are idiots!

How would you know? My sons AAA Sq team doesn’t have a “system”. The coach demands only that kids come to rink, work hard, and compete. Nothing more. Nothing less. What makes you think that kids at A and AA are learning something that AAA kids arent? AAA kids are going to the same clinics, doing MORE off ice training AND getting more practice and game experience. Your kid can play T2 until 14/15 and in all likelihood will STILL be playing T2 at 16/17, not that there is any shame in T2 but quit bad mouthing and insulting AAA kids and parents.

My kid is 1st Pee Wee and tried out for AAA with a friend the past 3 years. My son made it, his friend did not, so my son played AA & A with him. When he is 14 or 1 he will have to move up to AAA and I guarantee he will be better than your kid and I don't even know who you are. He will be better because he will not be burnt out. I will bash anything I like too. 50% of AAA parents are fools to think there kid is that good. It defies logic. The talent pool is not deep enough with maybe 2011 being the exception. Go waste your money and keep chasing those letters!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest15206,Guest13591,
Members reacted dislike:
Guest19703,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #33:
 March 25, 2022, 12:57:45 PM
No birth year is so deep that it makes sense to have the volume of AAA teams in the area.  That said, the 2011 birth year seems to have figured out a very clear delineation between the good and bad teams.  In general, the players on the good teams are worthy AAA players and move amongst each other and the same for the bad teams.  OF COURSE there are kids on the bad teams that would fit in very well on the good teams. 

I'm sure most other birth years have or will eventually get to the same carving out of the haves and the have-nots.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #34:
 March 25, 2022, 02:17:32 PM
Yes birth years can be deep enough. Look at 22 NHL draft compared to 23. 23 a way deeper draft. This is the way things work in sports. Some birth years deeper than others. 2011 is a talented deep birth year. 2012 is ok, 2013 not as good as 2012 and 2014 is lacking due to kids missing so much time due to COVID. 2015 is looking deep from a #'s perspective. This is not to say the good players are not as good from year to year. It just means some age groups have more good players to feed into AAA. Again AAA below Bantam while fun for the kids and parents really serves no purpose except to pad rinks profits. If everyone play AA locally burnout would be less, competition would be just as good and kids would have more run. AAA travel has as much to do with burnout by Bantam as # if games. My kid enjoys the practices more than games. However he does like an overnight tournament. Last year we did 3 overnights and by the third tournament he had enough. Told me he only wants 1 overnight next year. He missed 2 birthday parties and 3 soccer games. Remember he is 9 and has friends outside hockey. Everyone should listen to my 9 year old. It is only youth hockey. All roads lead to beer league!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #35:
 March 26, 2022, 01:31:14 AM

My kid is 1st Pee Wee and tried out for AAA with a friend the past 3 years. My son made it, his friend did not, so my son played AA & A with him. When he is 14 or 1 he will have to move up to AAA and I guarantee he will be better than your kid and I don't even know who you are. He will be better because he will not be burnt out. I will bash anything I like too. 50% of AAA parents are fools to think there kid is that good. It defies logic. The talent pool is not deep enough with maybe 2011 being the exception. Go waste your money and keep chasing those letters!

If you really believe that then it’s YOU who’s the fool.My son is a year younger and better than your kid NOW and I guarantee he’ll still be better at 14 or 15. It’s silly to believe that simply because a kid plays AAA at Squirt they’re going to burn out by Bantam or that they don’t play other sports. He gets plenty of time away from rink in summer, is an excellent travel lax player, has been taking Karate for 5 years, and is learning Mandarin. I’d say he’s pretty well rounded. How about you stop bashing AAA parents until your are one. Those who keep saying it serves no purpose or is a waste of money are often the parents of kids who the AAA kids are skating rings around and who quit at 13 to focus on skateboarding. Some kids WANT to play at high level, compete, travel, AND have fun…and some parents are willing to pay the financial and personal cost for them to do it. Let us worry about our kids and you worry about your own.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest12455,Guest18272,
Members reacted dislike:
Guest19490,Guest19247,Guest17381,
No reactions
No reactions
Members reacted heartreaction:
Guest18510,

Reply #36:
 March 26, 2022, 09:16:59 AM
And both of your awesome kids will play beer league congratulations.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest10742,Guest18315,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #37:
 March 26, 2022, 09:05:19 PM
And both of your awesome kids will play beer league congratulations.

Beer league in China since he is learning Mandarin!
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #38:
 March 26, 2022, 10:31:24 PM
I love oranges and vitamin c is good for children. Good for him.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #39:
 March 27, 2022, 02:35:54 AM
PHC13 will slaughter all! Next season is now !
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

Quakers Hockey - Mites Registration

Started by RESLBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 0
Views: 5005
Last post August 13, 2018, 12:19:15 PM
by RESL
DAHA Eliminates Traveling Squirt "A" Program