Author Topic: AHF April 30-May 1 Parity Tournament  (Read 11798 times)

Description:

Reply #50:
 May 04, 2022, 07:50:27 AM
yet you stayed with the same org and parent group, what does that say about you?
Try again, in house with one club for 3yrs and split 8yrs of travel with 2 other clubs. The parents were all the same no matter where. The parents on their Midget team still talk about how great they were as a mite.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #51:
 May 04, 2022, 08:07:18 AM
That's a shame.  My son was in one org for squirts, moved to a closer rink for 12u-16u, and doing his 18u with another team made up of most of his friends from squirts, that has not been our experience.  He made great friends along the way that he loves playing against in HS and realizes that other than club hockey in college he's just out to have fun this year, we've been lucky with sane parents along the way too.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #52:
 May 04, 2022, 08:11:37 AM
I must agree, my son is a journeyman goalie. In 6yrs of playing travel hockey he has played with 5 different clubs and the parents are the same, you even here how great their kids travel teams were at scholastic hockey games and practices.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #53:
 May 04, 2022, 08:18:16 AM
5 teams in 6yrs, hard to believe
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #54:
 May 04, 2022, 08:56:27 AM
5 teams in 6yrs, hard to believe
1st yr playing was as a 2nd yr squirt, decided late to play and found a club that had an opening. Played B American, tried out with the same club and played peewee B American. Told with #'s it would be best to look elsewhere for 2nd yr peewee, made a different club on B National(lowest team they had), cut at 1st yr Bantam. Took the yr off and just did scholastics and lessons. 2nd yr bantam made a B American with 3rd different club, cut at 1st yr Midget. Found a club with an opening and played A American, again #'s left us out this year and our now on our fifth club at A American. Luckily every year clubs are looking for a goalie at every age.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #55:
 May 04, 2022, 12:49:35 PM
WOW, that's a lot of jerseys hanging in his closet. Props to you both, to him for keeping his head up and to you for willing to go the distance for him to play. Hopefully he will be able to find a home next year, It will be tough at 18U because usually the numbers get even smaller.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #56:
 May 04, 2022, 01:54:58 PM
At what point do you just say, yup that's it kid and move on. Must be a reason that 5 clubs didn't keep him around. Yes I know politics in youth sports plays apart, but 5 times. Please tell us who he goes to for lessons with for others know who not to go to.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
Guest14448,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #57:
 May 04, 2022, 03:06:00 PM
I have kids at AA Squirt (2nd year) and Mite Full Ice (2nd year). Full Ice Mite parents are crazy and all they want to do is win. Squirt AA parents are different. Have maybe 1-2 families that are nuts about wining. Coaches at FI Mite are just as crazy as parents- win or else! Squirt AA coaches are great. They are all about teaching the kids to play the right way and winning will come. AA team was middle of pack last year and looks the same this year. I prefer AA model and will not move my FI Mite kid to AAA next year. AA Squirt it is. I don't care if teams win or lose. I want them to be competitive, work hard, learn to play a fluid game and #1 have fun. This is what every parent should focus on. Is winning fun? Yes, but at what cost?
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #58:
 May 04, 2022, 04:07:41 PM
At what point do you just say, yup that's it kid and move on. Must be a reason that 5 clubs didn't keep him around. Yes I know politics in youth sports plays apart, but 5 times. Please tell us who he goes to for lessons with for others know who not to go to.

Did you even read what his mom or dad wrote? He's a B level goalie which isn't commonly easy to find a team. He either got cut or found teams who needed a goalie. Instead of crapping all over the kid give him some credit, all he wanted to do was play.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest16018,Guest10972,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #59:
 May 04, 2022, 04:28:28 PM

Did you even read what his mom or dad wrote? He's a B level goalie which isn't commonly easy to find a team. He either got cut or found teams who needed a goalie. Instead of crapping all over the kid give him some credit, all he wanted to do was play.

You mean someone was passing judgment with minimal information and assumptions while neglecting what was presented.  Not on my internet.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase: