Author Topic: mid season reviews for pee wees  (Read 3876 times)

Description:

mid season reviews for pee wees
Topic: October 16, 2019, 08:33:37 AM
My son plays on an a+ level team. His coach at the beginning of the season said all players will be analyzed as the season progresses and will get a written review at mid season with the parents present when he goes over it with their kid. The review is supposed to show each players pros and cons. The team isn't very good and from a parents perspective I haven't seen much of any progress anywhere for the whole team. My question is if they keep playing the way their playing and none of the players show any progress am I supposed to take another father's review of my kid seriously? This guy himself can't even skate much less play hockey but he's coaching the team.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #1:
 October 16, 2019, 08:47:42 AM
Ken Hitchcock can’t skate a lick! So, I definitely wouldn’t want him to coach my kid! 🙄
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jlsheds2

Reply #2:
 October 16, 2019, 09:21:53 AM
I would not take the review as gospel - but hear it with an open mind. Someone else's view of your player may point out something that you have not considered or seen.
Are you a former player/coach? I ask because if you are, maybe you can help the coach. If you aren't - at least this guy has stepped up to do something outside his comfort zone to help the kids. (I know we've been in situations in other sports that for the grace of a volunteer stepping up, even though unfamiliar with a sport, there would be no team because volunteers are so hard to find.)
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #3:
 October 16, 2019, 10:25:24 AM
Ken Hitchcock can’t skate a lick! So, I definitely wouldn’t want him to coach my kid! 🙄

I checked to confirm coaches name and its not Ken Hitchcock  ::). In all seriousness it's tier ll middle of the pack hockey with one of the players dads coaching for the first time and I get the sincerity. But from what everybody has seen so far from this group it will be hard to accept his criticisms good or bad.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #4:
 October 16, 2019, 06:26:05 PM
Seriously!?  Unless your parent coach played juniors or higher himself your expectations are delusional.  If you want top notch coaching find a program with paid non-parent coaches and then very carefully vet them. Better yet take your son to a dedicated skating coach. Most parents coach because they enjoy the sport, want to help and simply because no one else will. 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #5:
 October 29, 2019, 02:18:02 PM
The best thing to do is find a good house league somewhere.  Youth travel hockey, its clubs, the league, the refs, the parents are so screwed up by the time your kid is a bantam youll wish he was on the chess club and you had your 30k back. 
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #6:
 October 30, 2019, 07:12:45 AM
Is not very good in who's perspective? 99 % of the parents out there see progress reflected on the score board. When in reality 99% of progress is not on the scoreboard. Hate the break it to you they prob put your kid on an "A" team because the org would have lost players to other orgs if it was tabbed as a "B" team.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

PHILADELPHIA LITTLE FLYERS '07 PW MAJOR TRYOUTS - 2019-2020 SEASON

Started by GuestBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 5
Views: 7573
Last post March 19, 2019, 11:36:53 PM
by Guest
Split Season

Started by hockey dadBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 12
Views: 7965
Last post March 20, 2019, 10:59:52 AM
by Guest
Girls Hockey MAWHA Restrictions Pre and Post Season

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 2
Views: 10175
Last post March 20, 2019, 01:17:40 PM
by Youth Hockey Info
Summer Plans? Hockey, hockey, more hockey and then hockey season...

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 8
Views: 7440
Last post April 18, 2019, 11:15:38 AM
by Guest
Youth Hockey Memes: When it's baseball season....

Started by Youth Hockey InfoBoard Youth Hockey Memes

Replies: 0
Views: 15232
Last post May 19, 2019, 08:30:37 AM
by Youth Hockey Info