Author Topic: Games vs Practice  (Read 6745 times)

Description:

hockeydad321

Reply #10:
 May 16, 2023, 12:27:19 PM
EHL - tier 3 junior. Produces NCAA D3 players and ACHA D1-3 players. There is no NCAA D2.

NCDC is low level Tier 2 junior. 1 NCAA D1 commitment last year.

If you don’t believe this search District President Glenn Herferen and you will find a graphic he put together for 2022.

Very few legitimate NCAA D1 caliber players stay in this area and play midget. They go to hockey academies and prep schools. Mostly because high school hockey and the AYHL do nothing but hinder exposure and development. I don’t care about Hollydell or any other rink but your information is not correct.

Ok lets play semantics!

EHL you are correct, but all ACHA schools are NCAA schools in other sports, but NCAA does not have sponsorship money to put them under NCAAA umbrella.

You are wrong on NCDC not producing D1 Commits- NCDC COMMITMENTS BY YEAR | USPHL NCDC

Sure looks like a lot of D-1 commits on the link above.

Here is another link for you showing that USPHL (which includes NCDC) does produce D 1 players.

Paths to NCAA Show Need for Patience - College Hockey, Inc.

As far as players leaving, you are correct, players leave once they hit 15 or 16 years old for better opportunities. AYHL hinders development at older ages. Very good for younger ages, depending on rink and coach. But 15/16 is the age specialization should start for all sports, so it makes perfect sense the better players leave for better competition.

We are arguing over which kid goes D1 vs D2/D3  in which league. Which is stupid. Point is about 99% of the kids playing in NJ will play club at best in college. The chances of any of these kids going D1 is minimal. Other sports may offer better opportunities but parents allow them to only play hockey. Hollydell used to produce better players when GG was running things. GG wanted his players to play other sports. Just look at the sports his sons played growing up! It improves your instincts, hand eye coordination and athleticism. Things have fallen off big time because the new directors push year round hockey below 15/16 years old.
This is not way to develop players. We can argue all day over what junior league produces D1 players, but the fact remains Hollydell and most of the other NJ & SE PA rinks are not developing players correctly. This is happening in other sports as well. Specialization below 15/16 is making kids worse athletes and therefore worse at their specialized sport. Money rules now in youth sports! I take crap because my kids play soccer, lacrosse, flag football, swimming and tennis. Coaches want them at rink, but I always tell them hockey is full time from November-Feb and other sports are for rest of year. Yes I take them to power skates, skills clinics and summer camp, but 10 weeks a year they do not step on the ice at all. I can get away with this because both kids are top 3 on their teams and the coaches need them. When puberty hits, if they are still playing I see my kids as being best players. kids are now 11 & 12 and starting to separate themselves form other players due to their in game instincts and improving strength from playing other sports. My kids are athletic hockey players. 90% of the kids they play with are just hockey players that can't adapt outside their coaching.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #11:
 May 16, 2023, 12:40:16 PM
That list is completely ridiculous. Those players did not play in the league when they committed or at all. 1 player, competing in NCDC last season committed to an D1 school.

I don’t care what Hollydell is or isn’t but again you’re wrong. It was a tier 2 rink prior to 2017. No players were produced. GG kids didn’t play for the Hurricanes or at Hollydell. All the good players left after mite to play AAA at Comcast or Little Flyers.
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
Members reacted like:
Guest17794,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Reply #12:
 May 16, 2023, 12:56:28 PM
2022/23 commitments
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase: