Author Topic: Black Bear Sports Group Set To Acquire Two More Rinks in Connecticut  (Read 3441 times)

Description:
Hartford, CT – An affiliate of Black Bear Sports Group, Inc. (“Black Bear”) has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire, (the "Arenas").

• Champions Skating Center in Cromwell, CT
  • Bolton Ice Palace in Bolton, CT

The Agreement is subject to normal course closing conditions. The Arenas collectively feature two NHL ice sheets, one Olympic ice sheet, a full-service gym, and a pool.

The transaction also includes the purchase of the Hartford Jr. Wolfpack, the elite Tier I and Tier II youth hockey program. The Arenas are also home to the Whalers Youth Hockey Association & Eastern Connecticut Stars along with many figure skaters and recreational skaters in the area.

The Sellers were Alan Lazowski, Founder and CEO of Laz Parking and former NHL player, Bob Crawford. Mr. Crawford will assume a senior role with Black Bear including becoming a member of the Board of Directors. Black Bear, the largest owner/operator of ice rinks in the U.S., was founded by CEO Murry Gunty in 2015.

“It has been my great honor to partner with Bob Crawford over the past 30 years and watch his passion and love for the game and his commitment to teach young men and women the art of the game,” said Alan Lazowski. “I am thrilled that Bob will continue his life’s work and legacy with Black Bear, the best and most prolific rink owner and operator in the United States.”

“We are excited to expand our Connecticut presence with this transaction, as Connecticut is such a strong hockey market,” said Murry N. Gunty, Founder and CEO of Black Bear. “More importantly, I am thrilled to have Bob Crawford join our organization to help us continue to build out our hockey business. Bob brings deep hockey experience from both his distinguished NHL career and his extensive youth hockey experience including leading leagues, representing his district and serving in leadership capacities at the highest levels of hockey. It is an honor to have him on board.”

“I am excited to stay on board and continue to develop players in the Jr. Wolfpack program and support Black Bear’s overall hockey business,” said ex-NHLer Bob Crawford. “Over the years we have had numerous offers to sell the rinks, but both Alan and I believe that Black Bear will be the best home for our families and our buildings and a great place for my wife, Kathleen, and I to continue to make a large impact on both our community and the sport that we both love. Bolton Ice Palace and Champions Skating Center will continue to thrive under Black Bear’s ownership.”

“Our mission is to continue growing hockey and ice sports in Connecticut and are thrilled to add another Tier I franchise that we can support through our numerous junior team franchises such as the Youngstown Phantoms of the USHL,” said Ryan Scott, Vice President of Black Bear. “Under Bob’s leadership, we also look forward to growing our league and tournament businesses in Connecticut and the rest of the Northeast and expect to host numerous boys and girls events in our rinks.”
dislike
angry1
friendly
love
No reactions
Members reacted dislike:
Guest10860,Guest14745,Guest18890,Guest12580,Guest17733,Guest11772,Guest15000,
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Tags:

With Quick-Reply you can write a post when viewing a topic without loading a new page. You can still use bulletin board code and smileys as you would in a normal post.

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Verification:
Type the letters shown in the picture
Listen to the letters / Request another image
Type the letters shown in the picture:
type $bl@d6? - all lowercase:

Black Bear Sports Group To Acquire 30th Facility, Enfield Twin Rinks CT

Started by NewsalertsBoard General Youth Hockey Info

Replies: 8
Views: 5560
Last post February 10, 2022, 02:25:34 PM
by Guest
Black Bear Sports Group to Buy 3 Flyers SkateZones